The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Post Reply
desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by desolationjones » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:48 am

Is there any active 10% off deal from Perfect Circuit? They used to have ongoing coupon codes but none seem to work anymore.

User avatar
mkasthe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 pm
Location: New York City

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by mkasthe » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:18 am

desolationjones wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:48 am
Is there any active 10% off deal from Perfect Circuit? They used to have ongoing coupon codes but none seem to work anymore.
No, looks like all major stores (PC, AH, DM, CV, Patchwerks) have ended their deals earlier this week.
With 4th of July drawing near, would maybe expect something from at least some of them.
Made in Italy and exported to NYC
Instagram: The Analog Kid

User avatar
jsco
Common Wiggler
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 11:55 am

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by jsco » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:46 am

desolationjones wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:48 am
Is there any active 10% off deal from Perfect Circuit? They used to have ongoing coupon codes but none seem to work anymore.
memorial10 worked for me yesterday.

desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by desolationjones » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:23 am

jsco wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:46 am
desolationjones wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:48 am
Is there any active 10% off deal from Perfect Circuit? They used to have ongoing coupon codes but none seem to work anymore.
memorial10 worked for me yesterday.
Thanks, it looks like it's still active today and my failure to redeem yesterday it was because this item is not eligible. :cry:

yhf
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:03 pm

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by yhf » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread (if not, please feel free to move this post, mods): Schneidersladen offers MI "Heartbroken Veils":

"Heartbroken Veils is a small batch of slightly faulty produced veils modules. Bug or feature? Details in the description. With Heartbroken Veils one or two of the VCAs distort the incoming signal in a noticeable but not unpleasant way. The easily distorting VCAs are marked with green knobs. If you prefer the classic look, this is no problem either. The white knobs are also included.
A video with sound samples will follow shortly."

https://schneidersladen.de/en/mutable-i ... oken-veils

User avatar
xcc
Common Wiggler
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 am
Location: TX

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by xcc » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:46 pm

yhf wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:26 pm
Not sure if this is the right thread (if not, please feel free to move this post, mods): Schneidersladen offers MI "Heartbroken Veils":

"Heartbroken Veils is a small batch of slightly faulty produced veils modules. Bug or feature? Details in the description. With Heartbroken Veils one or two of the VCAs distort the incoming signal in a noticeable but not unpleasant way. The easily distorting VCAs are marked with green knobs. If you prefer the classic look, this is no problem either. The white knobs are also included.
A video with sound samples will follow shortly."

https://schneidersladen.de/en/mutable-i ... oken-veils
Thanks for the heads up. Very cool.

User avatar
m12386
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by m12386 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 pm

Prymaxe.com is having a demo sale. 5% off with code DEMO5.

User avatar
mkasthe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 pm
Location: New York City

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by mkasthe » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:09 pm

m12386 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 pm
Prymaxe.com is having a demo sale. 5% off with code DEMO5.
Anyone has experience buying from them?
Made in Italy and exported to NYC
Instagram: The Analog Kid

User avatar
jtregoat
Common Wiggler
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by jtregoat » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:16 pm

mkasthe wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:09 pm
m12386 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 pm
Prymaxe.com is having a demo sale. 5% off with code DEMO5.
Anyone has experience buying from them?
yeah and it was very slow, they used to take orders and then order from the distro or something like that. but they had like 25% off so I guess it was a fair trade off. this was a couple of years ago. not sure how it is these days. if it’s a demo it seems like something they have in stock
Last edited by jtregoat on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Whatisvalis
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by Whatisvalis » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:45 am

desolationjones wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:48 am
Is there any active 10% off deal from Perfect Circuit? They used to have ongoing coupon codes but none seem to work anymore.
You can email and ask for a 10% code if there's no active offer.

User avatar
scragz
Common Wiggler
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by scragz » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:53 am

mkasthe wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:09 pm
m12386 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 pm
Prymaxe.com is having a demo sale. 5% off with code DEMO5.
Anyone has experience buying from them?
They had 25% off new modules a couple months back and I got a couple things. Both times it was normal shipping times. IIRC they didn't send a tracking email but it is in your order history on the site.

electricanada
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1186
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am
Location: Norfolk, VA

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by electricanada » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:38 pm

m12386 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 pm
Prymaxe.com is having a demo sale. 5% off with code DEMO5.
They’re very sleazy. I’ve had bad experience with them and won’t do business with them again. I’m not the only one; there are many stories.
Eléctrica (electric) Nāda (the yoga of sound).

User avatar
m12386
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by m12386 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:36 pm

electricanada wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:38 pm
m12386 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 pm
Prymaxe.com is having a demo sale. 5% off with code DEMO5.
They’re very sleazy. I’ve had bad experience with them and won’t do business with them again. I’m not the only one; there are many stories.
Do you mind elaborating? I tend to not care as long as the price is right and they’re not out-right scammers. Now if I bought a demo unit and it turned out defective and they refused to take it back, then yeah, that would be bad.

User avatar
kinkycables
Common Wiggler
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:29 am

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by kinkycables » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:38 pm

I happily buy from them if want I want is in stock and they’ve got a sale on. I definitely wouldn’t go through the whole preorder ordeal.

electricanada
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1186
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am
Location: Norfolk, VA

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by electricanada » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:50 pm

m12386 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:36 pm
electricanada wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:38 pm
m12386 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:57 pm
Prymaxe.com is having a demo sale. 5% off with code DEMO5.
They’re very sleazy. I’ve had bad experience with them and won’t do business with them again. I’m not the only one; there are many stories.
Do you mind elaborating? I tend to not care as long as the price is right and they’re not out-right scammers. Now if I bought a demo unit and it turned out defective and they refused to take it back, then yeah, that would be bad.
I ordered three WMD modules on sale at Prymaxe. One was out of stock so none shipped. I inquire three weeks later and am told by Zach that the missing module was “in transit to us”. That was a lie. Six weeks after the “in transit” email I still hadn’t received anything so I told them to cancel the order.

Zach responds that I am only eligible for a store credit. I told him I wanted a refund, not credit, and opened a Paypal dispute. He responds that they will refund me if I cancel the dispute. I refused to cancel until after the refund.

He finally refunded, but only after trying every sleazy trick in the book. I am not out any money, but this kind of behavior suggests that you should take great care in dealing with Prymaxe. Only pay with PayPal. Make sure the deal consummates before the PayPal dispute window closes. If he tries to pull the sleazy stuff, don’t tolerate it.
Eléctrica (electric) Nāda (the yoga of sound).

User avatar
xcc
Common Wiggler
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 am
Location: TX

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by xcc » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:58 pm

Yeah Prymaxe is great if your item is in stock and a total rip if it's not. Hard to beat those 25% off coupons.

User avatar
thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4888
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: East Bay, CA US

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by thetwlo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 pm

For the modular stuff(at least) it's more like a "group buy" at Prymaxe, once they get enough orders they place an order from that manufacturer. So it could be weeks or months. The extras they order(or cancellations?) they blowout as "demo" units. They operate on very thin profit margins, and can't afford to be sitting on stock.

User avatar
xcc
Common Wiggler
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 am
Location: TX

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by xcc » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 pm

thetwlo wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 pm
For the modular stuff(at least) it's more like a "group buy" at Prymaxe, once they get enough orders they place an order from that manufacturer. So it could be weeks or months. The extras they order(or cancellations?) they blowout as "demo" units. They operate on very thin profit margins, and can't afford to be sitting on stock.
That’s exactly right. I always wondered how they stayed in business.

User avatar
acgenerator
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:44 am
Location: USA

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by acgenerator » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:53 pm

how many times are we going to have the same conversation about Primaxe in the same thread?

User avatar
lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4760
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:00 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by lisa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:58 am

As long as they have the best delas, I’m guessing.
New modular track with a ton of FM cross modulation and drum synthesis. 🔥


TheNthMan
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:46 pm

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by TheNthMan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:09 pm

electricfence wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:14 pm
To be fair, as a seller on Reverb, I never see how much sales tax is to be collected until after the sale. Each state has its own rate, and some are pretty high, and I think there might even be a few states on behalf of whom Reverb still doesn't feel required to collect tax. But, with the exception of a few rare or very popular items, 20% off the of the new price has always seemed like a bit of a fantasy for me, and I usually ask substantially less than that.
As a seller, does Reverb give pricing advice? As a buyer, Reverb has sent me nudges to send offers on item that I watch, saying that the overwhelming majority of transactions end with an offer. When I clicked on the make an offer button, it had 10% and 15% buttons recommended. Their past transactions also trace listing price and actual strike price. I always wondered if repeat sellers baked a 10 to 15% uplift into the listing price due to this.

User avatar
scragz
Common Wiggler
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by scragz » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:04 pm

TheNthMan wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:09 pm
electricfence wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:14 pm
To be fair, as a seller on Reverb, I never see how much sales tax is to be collected until after the sale. Each state has its own rate, and some are pretty high, and I think there might even be a few states on behalf of whom Reverb still doesn't feel required to collect tax. But, with the exception of a few rare or very popular items, 20% off the of the new price has always seemed like a bit of a fantasy for me, and I usually ask substantially less than that.
As a seller, does Reverb give pricing advice? As a buyer, Reverb has sent me nudges to send offers on item that I watch, saying that the overwhelming majority of transactions end with an offer. When I clicked on the make an offer button, it had 10% and 15% buttons recommended. Their past transactions also trace listing price and actual strike price. I always wondered if repeat sellers baked a 10 to 15% uplift into the listing price due to this.
When selling it gives you what it has calculated to be the market rate as advice. I think most sellers price slightly high to factor in lowballs and price drops. I usually start at the market value but I don't think I've sold a single thing on Reverb without first getting an offer at least 10% below my asking price.

second_breakfast
Common Wiggler
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:46 am
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by second_breakfast » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:47 pm

Erica Synths is offering some deep discounts on some older Fusion modules in case anyone is interested: https://www.ericasynths.lv/news/fusion-modules-sale/

I picked up a vcf2 and vca2 for a great prices. Cheers.

User avatar
circuitburst
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 11:17 am
Location: California

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by circuitburst » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:53 pm

10% off at Control Voltage with code THANKS10
https://www.controlvoltage.net
"make the events occur that you want to occur" - the black dog

https://soundcloud.com/circuitburst
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/295055
:boat: World Map of Eurorack Module Manufacturers: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 9IMDP34-ao
World Map of Eurorack Module Physical Shops: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... gfSeJ6wVIG

dangayle
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by dangayle » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:01 pm

Who usually has good 4th of July sales?

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”