The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by thetwlo » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:46 pm

ritec wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:42 am
Love Detroit Modular, and yes they let their codes ride ride into the future. Perfect Circuit also lets the codes ride a bit into the future but not as much as DM. The DM rewards are the icing on the cake though.
DM is the best!! PC IS A JOKE.

mkasthe
Common Wiggler

Post by mkasthe » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:30 pm

m12386 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:10 pm
kinkycables wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:49 pm
I've never had an in-stock item not ship within 2 business days from Prymaxe. "Pre-orders", yeah, that's a mistake, but otherwise they are usually reliable. Call/chat/whatever and see what's going on.
Speak of the devil...it arrived today. Not sure why it took so long, though.
USPS twilight zone?
Made in Italy and exported to NYC
Instagram: The Analog Kid

DJMaytag
Ultra Wiggler

Post by DJMaytag » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:35 pm

mkasthe wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:30 pm
m12386 wrote:
USPS twilight zone?
USPS is crazy AF in a few places in the US. I sent some modules out in mid-February right before the shit hit the fan with that winter storm, and one of them just started moving in the system again last night, and the other is totally in limbo. Hasn't updated its status since Feb 17. :(
Instagram | Soundcloud | MG Main Rack 6U+6U

If you talk about improper grounding 3 times, Graham Hinton appears!” -djs

nexgen23
Common Wiggler

Post by nexgen23 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:28 pm

thetwlo wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:46 pm
ritec wrote:
Love Detroit Modular, and yes they let their codes ride ride into the future. Perfect Circuit also lets the codes ride a bit into the future but not as much as DM. The DM rewards are the icing on the cake though.
I recently discovered DM and love that they have a rewards program. I do wish however they would allow back orders like PC does (bonus points if they didnt charge you until it shipped lol).

nexgen23
Common Wiggler

Post by nexgen23 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:31 pm

DJMaytag wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:35 pm
mkasthe wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:30 pm
m12386 wrote:
USPS twilight zone?
USPS is crazy AF in a few places in the US. I sent some modules out in mid-February right before the shit hit the fan with that winter storm, and one of them just started moving in the system again last night, and the other is totally in limbo. Hasn't updated its status since Feb 17. :(
I've had two packages get to a "In Transit - Arriving Late" status in the past two weeks (still waiting on one of them). What's crazy is the one I am waiting on is coming from California (I'm in New Mexico), there is no crazy snow between here and there lol.

AMillionMonkeys
Common Wiggler

Post by AMillionMonkeys » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:53 pm

nexgen23 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:28 pm
thetwlo wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:46 pm
ritec wrote:
I recently discovered DM and love that they have a rewards program. I do wish however they would allow back orders like PC does (bonus points if they didnt charge you until it shipped lol).
There are ups and downs to this. I back ordered a Mordax Data from Perfect Circuit back in September. They finally started shipping a while ago but I never got a shipping confirmation. At some point, DM had them in stock so I called PC and found out I had missed the initial order and would be part of the next shipment. Ended up cancelling and getting one from DM.

I did that 3 times with different products before giving up on PC pre-orders.

If DM is offering pre-orders it usually means they are actually expecting the item somewhat soon (but of course delays still happen).

DJMaytag
Ultra Wiggler

Post by DJMaytag » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:50 pm

nexgen23 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:31 pm
I've had two packages get to a "In Transit - Arriving Late" status in the past two weeks (still waiting on one of them). What's crazy is the one I am waiting on is coming from California (I'm in New Mexico), there is no crazy snow between here and there lol.
The package I sent out was from Wisconsin to Connecticut. All the states in-between know how to handle snow. LOL
Instagram | Soundcloud | MG Main Rack 6U+6U

If you talk about improper grounding 3 times, Graham Hinton appears!” -djs

nexgen23
Common Wiggler

Post by nexgen23 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:56 pm

AMillionMonkeys wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:53 pm

There are ups and downs to this. I back ordered a Mordax Data from Perfect Circuit back in September. They finally started shipping a while ago but I never got a shipping confirmation. At some point, DM had them in stock so I called PC and found out I had missed the initial order and would be part of the next shipment. Ended up cancelling and getting one from DM.

I did that 3 times with different products before giving up on PC pre-orders.

If DM is offering pre-orders it usually means they are actually expecting the item somewhat soon (but of course delays still happen).
Thats true, I have been lucky so far with PC thankfully. I did see DM offered pre-orders on some stuff, that system seems like a good idea, they know its (probably coming) so let you order. I dont mind the wait most of the time, its actually a good cool down period for suspected impulse purchases (though I've only cancelled for that a couple times, I usually do tons of research before making up my mind on a module) :)

DJMaytag wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:50 pm
The package I sent out was from Wisconsin to Connecticut. All the states in-between know how to handle snow. LOL
Lol, you'd think they would, my money is on the potholes of PA slowing the truck down :)

guitargyro
Common Wiggler

Post by guitargyro » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:25 pm

I will second the shady practices of Prymaxe. Placed an order for a module there using their 20% off winter sale. Nothing wrong with that!

However, after three weeks I checked back in to ask what their expectation was for it to ship. I got the run around for two weeks. “Try us back tomorrow and we should have heard back from the manufacturer...try us back early next week”...etc.

So finally after not getting a straight answer after two weeks, I wrote the manufacturer directly and was told they had just sent an order to Prymaxe...and it contained NO modules that I had ordered. In short, they hadn’t even ordered it from them yet.

So it basically seems they are pulling some scheme of some sort wherein, sure you’ll likely get your item EVENTUALLY, but only after they have held onto your money for a month or so. Basically sounds like some shady book keeping if you ask me. Or at very best, just bad customer service.

I told them I expect a refund or I am taking it up with American Express. Already placed the order direct from the manufacturer for the original item (and another one that wasn’t in stock from Prymaxe) and it’s on its way after one day. So it seems Prymaxe is either inept, or likely just shady. Either way, I’ll gladly pay retail price before I get the runaround from Shadymaxe again.
Last edited by guitargyro on Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

jube
Common Wiggler

Post by jube » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:31 am

Exploding Shed will have a sale next week:
Between 15th and 20th of march we will celebrate our birthday with you and give you 10% off everything with this checkout code: "FIVE-YEARS-OF-DIY" Minimum order value is 50€.
Don’t think they ship outside of Europe, and it’s DIY.

Kosmikos
Common Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:16 am

jube wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:31 am
Exploding Shed will have a sale next week:
Between 15th and 20th of march we will celebrate our birthday with you and give you 10% off everything with this checkout code: "FIVE-YEARS-OF-DIY" Minimum order value is 50€.
Don’t think they ship outside of Europe, and it’s DIY.
Germany and EU, not USA.
They shipped my order to the UK, but it ended up being a lot of hassles for them. I’d ask them first if you are in the UK rather than assuming that they don’t. They are super friendly. :tu:

ŘłB23³
Common Wiggler

Post by ŘłB23³ » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:04 am

Synth Rotek does 10% when you sign up for their newsletter.

kingsmore
Common Wiggler

Post by kingsmore » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:23 am

control voltage %10 flash DAYLIGHTSAVINGS

kwaidan
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kwaidan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:52 pm

Detroit Modular stpatty10

kingsmore
Common Wiggler

Post by kingsmore » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:04 pm

Synthrotek

Starting 12 March 2021-- Save 15% on everything in the store*-- during our '2021 Spring has Sprung Sale' -- log in to your account and use code 15OFFSALE at checkout!!

MDurden
Learning to Wiggle

Post by MDurden » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:08 pm

kingsmore wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:04 pm
Synthrotek

Starting 12 March 2021-- Save 15% on everything in the store*-- during our '2021 Spring has Sprung Sale' -- log in to your account and use code 15OFFSALE at checkout!!
When does this expire? I just tried it and doesn't work

dangayle
Common Wiggler

Post by dangayle » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:26 am

Does Control in Brooklyn ever have discount codes?

AMillionMonkeys
Common Wiggler

Post by AMillionMonkeys » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:15 am

dangayle wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:26 am
Does Control in Brooklyn ever have discount codes?
Yes, they are currently giving 10% off with the code VWAVES. It has been valid for around a month now.

They do seem to have less frequent sales that last for shorter periods of time than some other shops but it’s still a regular thing for them.

slam
Common Wiggler

Post by slam » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:43 am

In shopping for mutable instruments modules, I discovered that Thomann sells then for a lot cheaper than anywhere else. Even with shipping they are remarkably cheaper. Same goes for doepfer.

kinkycables
Common Wiggler

Post by kinkycables » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:55 am

Cheaper than Juno? They are usually willing to offer a discount if you hit the chat feature, and the shipping is dirt cheap.

MDurden
Learning to Wiggle

Post by MDurden » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:59 am

slam wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:43 am
In shopping for mutable instruments modules, I discovered that Thomann sells then for a lot cheaper than anywhere else. Even with shipping they are remarkably cheaper. Same goes for doepfer.
Just checked and seems for me comes out to be the same as buying with vendors that provide 10% off and free shipping. I’m located in the US so I’m not sure if it’s cheaper for you if you are located elsewhere.

slam
Common Wiggler

Post by slam » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:07 am

MDurden wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:59 am
slam wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:43 am
Just checked and seems for me comes out to be the same as buying with vendors that provide 10% off and free shipping. I’m located in the US so I’m not sure if it’s cheaper for you if you are located elsewhere.
That’s about right but if you buy multiple modules the shipping stays about the same. So then it becomes an even better deal.

slam
Common Wiggler

Post by slam » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:08 am

kinkycables wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:55 am
Cheaper than Juno? They are usually willing to offer a discount if you hit the chat feature, and the shipping is dirt cheap.
I didn’t check Juno. Thanks for the tip

freqout
Common Wiggler

Post by freqout » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:37 pm

Anyone know if any of the US dealers make their 10% off coupons compatible w cases? DM is usually my go-to for new euro purchases, but the coupons don’t work w the Intellijel cases I’m after...

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:48 pm

freqout wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:37 pm
Anyone know if any of the US dealers make their 10% off coupons compatible w cases? DM is usually my go-to for new euro purchases, but the coupons don’t work w the Intellijel cases I’m after...
You should message DM about that. I had an issue applying the code to the Instruo Lion, but no problem with other Instruo modules. i messaged them and they couldnt figure it out why, just sent me a special invoice for the Lion w/discount. Pretty sure their discount knows no bounds except for used/already discounted stuff.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”