Omnimod - first post updated 19/10/17

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Omnimod - first post updated 19/10/17

Post by Dogma » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:35 am

Wow this feels great :)

I can finally say that WMD have the firmware and will proceed as per their schedule to load, test and then send out to all customers.

PLEASE REMEMBER - IF YOU HAVE CHANGED ADDRESS OR THERE IS A CHANGE TO YOUR CIRCUMSTANCE THAT COULD STOP YOU GETTING YOUR OMNIMOD PLEASE CONTACT EITHER MYSELF OR PREFERABLY WMD...

So to sumerize- the omnimods are built and final firmware has been delivered to WMD.

For all who have participated in this adventure, wait till we get our modules, they're incredible
Last edited by Dogma on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 12 times in total.

T. Jervell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by T. Jervell » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:04 am

Thanks for the update! Really looking forward for the release of this module :tu:

Ya-Neck
Common Wiggler

Post by Ya-Neck » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Thanks for the update! and cheers to MM :guinness:

SB-SIX
Ultra Wiggler

Post by SB-SIX » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:02 pm

Does it mean the omnimod will now be larger in hp?

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:27 pm

SB-SIX wrote:Does it mean the omnimod will now be larger in hp?
No, it won't. The screen will just be bigger (ref - a picture posted in the other thread where the first prototype were next to the new one).

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Daisuk wrote:
SB-SIX wrote:Does it mean the omnimod will now be larger in hp?
No, it won't. The screen will just be bigger (ref - a picture posted in the other thread where the first prototype were next to the new one).
yeah... see other thread with all the info. why there's 2 threads.. yeah.. i get it whatever but seems unnecessary.. unless someone is going to go copy pastes all the relevant posts into this new thread.

seems just more confusing to keep track of now.

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:36 am

everyone is aware that the delay is because of a newer bigger screen getting sourced... this was pretty much the last update from him months ago.

now we have 2 threads with still no new information? counterproductive.
DISHEVELED -- PROMETHEUS BURNING -- FOUR PI MOVEMENT

SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:50 am

VanEck wrote:everyone is aware that the delay is because of a newer bigger screen getting sourced... this was pretty much the last update from him months ago.

now we have 2 threads with still no new information? counterproductive.
i get the feeling this wasnt the best idea - it was my idea...
ill contact the mods for guidance
look up!

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:18 pm

unlocked because why not whatever.

as you were.

cyberium
Learning to Wiggle

Omnimod: update

Post by cyberium » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:15 pm

William has the new pcb for the updated version with the screen fix and will be building it up this week.
this should be good to go as soon as the omnimod pass the final test.
:mrgreen:

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Omnimod: update

Post by ignatius » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:07 pm

cyberium wrote:William has the new pcb for the updated version with the screen fix and will be building it up this week.
this should be good to go as soon as the omnimod pass the final test.
:mrgreen:
thanks for the news.

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:11 pm

i just had a wicked Skype session with Nic the designer and holy shitballs are you guys gonna freak til friday....
ill be posting some vids very shortly ;)
look up!

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:00 pm

Dogma wrote:i just had a wicked Skype session with Nic the designer and holy shitballs are you guys gonna freak til friday....
tease :miley:

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:26 am

Dogma wrote:i just had a wicked Skype session with Nic the designer and holy shitballs are you guys gonna freak til friday....
Good news! Looking forward to that. :tu:

a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:21 am

Looking forward to it
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

pascualfuentes
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pascualfuentes » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Cheers to MM! Can't wait :yay:

suckspit
Common Wiggler

Post by suckspit » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:52 am

awesome news!

Axiom Crux
Common Wiggler

Post by Axiom Crux » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:51 am

to clarify a bit:

I had received a prototype a month and a half ago, and everything but the screen was fully working. after a month and a half troubleshooting my code it turned out that there was a crucial piece of information lost in translation from the non native english speaking Chinese supplier about the way the ribbon able connected, which was misinterpreted by the PCB designer and was facing the wrong way. I had tried checking if it was making a connection several times but the cable connector was so small it was nearly impossible to do, so I ended up pulling it apart and destroying that prototype to find out if it was connecting, which it wasn't.

I honestly didn't want to post anything during that time because I wasn't sure what to say until it was dealt with (IE. "Hey guys that are already frustrated about delays, screen doesn't work and we don't know why") so maybe you could see why I didn't say anything.. The new prototype is being built this week and everything SHOULD be good to go after I test this new one.

SHEESH f$&#(@*#(% screen manufacturing.. so glad after this is dealt with we will be able to not have to deal with this on the future modules.

Im so excited to finally fulfill all of the preorders and I can't even express how appreciative i am of all that have been patient and understanding through the extreme manufacturing process. I am just one guy, and this is my first electronics/programming project (Ben Davis did the dynamic destiny and storage strip, and is now working full time for Malekko on some incredible new stuff).

I a clip I sent to Electronic Musician of the old smaller screen prototype that maybe some people haven't seen, they are from a few months back if you are wanting to see what the heck this thing you ordered actually does:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibfkkmo5oobkh ... r.mov?dl=0

I will be posting a proper demo video once the new prototype arrives and the new screen is going.

a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:42 am

Axiom Crux wrote:to clarify a bit:

I had received a prototype a month and a half ago, and everything but the screen was fully working. after a month and a half troubleshooting my code it turned out that there was a crucial piece of information lost in translation from the non native english speaking Chinese supplier about the way the ribbon able connected, which was misinterpreted by the PCB designer and was facing the wrong way. I had tried checking if it was making a connection several times but the cable connector was so small it was nearly impossible to do, so I ended up pulling it apart and destroying that prototype to find out if it was connecting, which it wasn't.

I honestly didn't want to post anything during that time because I wasn't sure what to say until it was dealt with (IE. "Hey guys that are already frustrated about delays, screen doesn't work and we don't know why") so maybe you could see why I didn't say anything.. The new prototype is being built this week and everything SHOULD be good to go after I test this new one.

SHEESH f$&#(@*#(% screen manufacturing.. so glad after this is dealt with we will be able to not have to deal with this on the future modules.

Im so excited to finally fulfill all of the preorders and I can't even express how appreciative i am of all that have been patient and understanding through the extreme manufacturing process. I am just one guy, and this is my first electronics/programming project (Ben Davis did the dynamic destiny and storage strip, and is now working full time for Malekko on some incredible new stuff).

I a clip I sent to Electronic Musician of the old smaller screen prototype that maybe some people haven't seen, they are from a few months back if you are wanting to see what the heck this thing you ordered actually does:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibfkkmo5oobkh ... r.mov?dl=0

I will be posting a proper demo video once the new prototype arrives and the new screen is going.
Damn that sounds really frustrating. Glad you shared the update and really pleased to hear things are moving forward again.
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:27 pm

thanks for the update! it's appreciated.

i feel for you.. i know it's tough when the roadblocks happen. thanks for powering through it. i'm still just as excited about this module as i was months ago and can't wait to get it in the system and modulating everything :)

edit: btw i think a larger screen is a god thing for this module so perhaps that's the silver lining in this cloud :)

thanks again for chiming in!

Axiom Crux
Common Wiggler

Post by Axiom Crux » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:03 am

New prototype is built, screen works and it's on it's way:
Picture file

z3r01
The Mighty Souls

Post by z3r01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:11 am

Prototype looks sweet, Axiom Cruz! :sb:

I would like to ask though, would there be enough extra modules to go around to retailers/distributors, after fulfilling the pre-orders?

T. Jervell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by T. Jervell » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:17 am

Axiom Crux wrote:New prototype is built, screen works and it's on it's way:
Picture file
YES!!!! :bananaguitar: :nana: :banana: :sb:

auxren
Veteran Wiggler

Post by auxren » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:33 pm

Nice! :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar:

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:46 pm

that screen!

looks great man. thanks for the update. so looking forward to this module :)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”