Tiptop Mantis cases

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

tta
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tta » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:10 am

ThunderSkull wrote:
trickness wrote:
ThunderSkull wrote:Can you stand the bottom case with the other attached,or would it be to unstable?
Not sure exactly what you mean, please clarify
By adjusting the side legs on the bottom case will give a 45 and 90 degree forward tilt.
No, that will put to much pressure on the side legs.
Gur
Tiptop Audio

tta
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tta » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:15 am

trickness wrote:Got my Mantis brackets and installed them, about a 15 minute job. If you've put together anything by Ikea, you can do this easily. Hardest part was flipping the connected cases over with one bracket attached while not allowing them to spread, but I did it myself. Racking modules at the ends of the cases keeps the rails pretty well aligned - finished setup is super study & sano, looks good. Very inexpensive and cool way to get a 12u case with power - only downside it obviously it's no longer portable (although you could revert to two units in about 15 minutes) and the decksaver cover won't fit it. Also wish there was a way to use one power supply instead of 2, but again not a deal breaker. Really love this setup.

I :sb:
Gur
Tiptop Audio

Ossicle
Common Wiggler

Post by Ossicle » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:17 am

trickness wrote:Got my Mantis brackets and installed them, about a 15 minute job. If you've put together anything by Ikea, you can do this easily. Hardest part was flipping the connected cases over with one bracket attached while not allowing them to spread, but I did it myself. Racking modules at the ends of the cases keeps the rails pretty well aligned - finished setup is super study & sano, looks good. Very inexpensive and cool way to get a 12u case with power - only downside it obviously it's no longer portable (although you could revert to two units in about 15 minutes) and the decksaver cover won't fit it. Also wish there was a way to use one power supply instead of 2, but again not a deal breaker. Really love this setup.
Thanks, looks good! Does it also feel sturdy and stable when patching cables in the top row?

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:23 am

Ossicle wrote:
Thanks, looks good! Does it also feel sturdy and stable when patching cables in the top row?
It's ROCK solid, no movement at all. Of course this depends on the user installing the legs correctly and making sure the screws are tight. But yeah, it feels like it started life as a 12U, it's that solid.

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:32 pm

When is it out?
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

tta
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tta » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:08 am

Jaypee wrote:When is it out?
We will ship some to the shops in the next few days. First batch is small but there is another run already in production so there should be enough for everyone without any long delays.
Gur
Tiptop Audio

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:15 am

Will be mine! :party:

intafon
Common Wiggler

Post by intafon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:23 am

Body color or leg color? :mrgreen:

drowld
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drowld » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:03 pm

tta wrote:
We will ship some to the shops in the next few days. First batch is small but there is another run already in production so there should be enough for everyone without any long delays.
Hopefully next time you are able to incorporate something like arturia link system onto the case.
Would be nice to have a mantis v2 with this system

intafon
Common Wiggler

Post by intafon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:05 pm

drowld wrote:
tta wrote:
Hopefully next time you are able to incorporate something like arturia link system onto the case.

:mrgreen:

I'd like a way to link my Intellijel Perf Case and my Mantis though...

a773
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by a773 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:04 am

How about patch cables or multi core modules :hyper:

drowld
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drowld » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:07 am

intafon wrote:
drowld wrote:
tta wrote:

I get what you are saying.
It’s just that for now arturia link seems the best standard to atttach case together.
You can dial the angle and it seems sturdy. Honestly it would be a bit of a bad faith to develop something sub tier..
It’s not the case here because its just a simple physical attach. But its not really versatile

intafon
Common Wiggler

Post by intafon » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:32 am

drowld wrote:
intafon wrote:
drowld wrote:
tta wrote:

I get what you are saying.
It’s just that for now arturia link seems the best standard to atttach case together.
You can dial the angle and it seems sturdy. Honestly it would be a bit of a bad faith to develop something sub tier..
It’s not the case here because its just a simple physical attach. But its not really versatile
The Arturia link system is kind of cool -- but what might be more interesting would be a set of adapters for existing units so you could connect them together. Like I mentioned, I have a Mantis and a Performance Case, and I keep thinking maybe I should sell one and get the mate for the other rather than having this mixed up set up I have that can't connect together... either that or sell both and get a pittsburgh modular 420 or a doepfer setup... (since I don't really travel with my system)

stickman
Common Wiggler

Post by stickman » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:51 am

tta wrote:
Can you advise on UK/EU stock? I'm seriously desperate for these owing to limited space..

Thanks! <3

tta
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tta » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:23 pm

stickman wrote:
tta wrote:
Can you advise on UK/EU stock? I'm seriously desperate for these owing to limited space..

Thanks! <3
They are coming to town shortly. We had already start shipping them. :spin:
Gur
Tiptop Audio

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:20 am

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

solipsvs
Wiggling with Experience

Post by solipsvs » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:50 pm

my second make of these brackets, this set is quite a bit more vertical than the tip top version.

heres the eps file if anyone wants to order a set to be made
Mantis side frames.rar

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by solipsvs on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:01 am

I much prefer your version solipsvs

Did you print it? I might use your EPS and ask a friend...

solipsvs
Wiggling with Experience

Post by solipsvs » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:17 am

no it was laser cut at ponoko from the thickest acrylic they have. found 18 m4/0.7 35mm bolts at home depot with washers. its a bit more expensive than tip tops version however

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:08 pm

Personally I like the flatter angle of the Tip Top design's lower half. Ergonomically it is much better suited for programming, mixing etc - my Metron and WMD Performance Mixer are on the bottom row and its a lot easier to control them than if they were flat and upright. But to each his own

solipsvs
Wiggling with Experience

Post by solipsvs » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:11 pm

yeah i set that sort of stuff in a skiff that fits really nice in front.

intafon
Common Wiggler

Post by intafon » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:52 pm

trickness wrote:Got my Mantis brackets and installed them, about a 15 minute job. If you've put together anything by Ikea, you can do this easily. Hardest part was flipping the connected....
What is the depth of the dual mantis setup front to back?

flipper16
Wiggling with Experience

Post by flipper16 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:10 pm

I found this on the Tiptop website...

bommelito
Common Wiggler

Post by bommelito » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:07 pm

flipper16 wrote:I found this on the Tiptop website...

fyi:
Musicstore sells the kit for 39 Euros.
Expected time of arrival is 07.12.2019.

AbundantChoice
Common Wiggler

Post by AbundantChoice » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Looks like Sweetwater has a very early pre-order up as well for $38

Return to “Eurorack Modules”