1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:44 pm

A world of difference, finally it's a useable module for loops, which is what i bought it for.

1010music
Common Wiggler

Post by 1010music » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Thanks for the kind words. We are glad to know the new version made a difference.

The firmware is available at no charge to registered users of our forum. Please visit the link below.

Bitbox 2.2.3

Thank you for your support.

vantablack
Common Wiggler

Post by vantablack » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:55 pm

1010music wrote:Thanks for the kind words. We are glad to know the new version made a difference.

The firmware is available at no charge to registered users of our forum. Please visit the link below.

Bitbox 2.2.3

Thank you for your support.
very nice! can't wait to try out the new slicing etc and the sound without compression :) afaik compression is very subjective sensitive to the material and wanted effect. not many would prefer a reverb with fixed settings :hihi: (not that the compression were that noticeable or like a brick wall compression)

DruidTek
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DruidTek » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:59 pm

I'm loving this new update! Christmas has come early :sb:

Hirsbro
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Hirsbro » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:52 am

Wow! That's a very nice Christmas present :hyper: :hyper: :cloud:

interpolate
Common Wiggler

Post by interpolate » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:58 am

Hey guys, I searched the forums and read the manual but I'm probably blind and couldn't figure out what the modulation destinations can be for a sample in slice mode.

Is it possible to modulate the pitch, start, end, direction via cv per slice?

vantablack
Common Wiggler

Post by vantablack » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 am

interpolate wrote:Hey guys, I searched the forums and read the manual but I'm probably blind and couldn't figure out what the modulation destinations can be for a sample in slice mode.

Is it possible to modulate the pitch, start, end, direction via cv per slice?
choose the cell that has sliced audio, klick/enter one of the small black squares under pitch for example, here you can use a knob to scroll thru available mod sources and possible additional parameters

interpolate
Common Wiggler

Post by interpolate » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:13 am

vantablack wrote: choose the cell that has sliced audio, klick/enter one of the small black squares under pitch for example, here you can use a knob to scroll thru available mod sources and possible additional parameters
Hey sorry if I didn't make my question clear. I don't own this module yet.

I'm curious what is the full list of modulation destinations for sliced audio?

DruidTek
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DruidTek » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:18 pm

interpolate wrote: I'm curious what is the full list of modulation destinations for sliced audio?
Modulation sources for Level, Pitch, Pan, Slice Selection and the Slice Sequencer are: TRIG, VEL, EXT 1-8 (1V/Octave can be switched on/off), PTCH, MODW, MVOL & MPAN

interpolate
Common Wiggler

Post by interpolate » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Thanks DruidTek! Sounds great!

Riggar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Riggar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 am

Many thanks 1010 for the update - love the way you guys maintain this module

:bananaguitar: :bananaguitar:

lionelfischer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lionelfischer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Is polyphonic currently only available via midi?

Loooove the new update so much.

1010music
Common Wiggler

Post by 1010music » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 pm

lionelfischer wrote:Is polyphonic currently only available via midi?
As of version 2.2.3, the gate inputs can also trigger polyphonic samples. Glad to hear you like the new version.

Rost + Licht
Common Wiggler

Post by Rost + Licht » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 am

Is it planned in near future to add the option for multiple loop points? So that on note hold the playback scans back and forth trough the sample.

Thanks in advance this module looks really cool

skylab001
Common Wiggler

Post by skylab001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:33 am

I've been trying to get good results for drum breaks in the Clip player. I think I've got a bit to learn. If I play back my loops near the original bpm they usually play ok, although it does usually take a couple bars to calculate the tempo and start playing on time, no good for using it live (Hopefully I can figure that out). I like to slow down or speed up my drum breaks, sometimes by 20-30bpm, detune, etc. When I do that I get a lot of jumping about and stuttering in the loop. I'm so used to this just working on an Octatrack with little fuss. Any tips that I can use to make it work better?

metaBit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by metaBit » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:03 pm

I just got my Bitbox yesterday and I'm already contemplating getting a second because I love it so much.

A second one would be perfect for me because I'd like to dedicate a stereo in/out channel so that I can realtime record a patch, then crossfade to that being what is coming out of my main outputs, and then start re-patching before crossfading to the new patch... and repeat! I feel like I can finally have a really workable live flow with this.

I made this little ambient patch with some of the built in sounds that came on the mini SD card. The percussion uses a sliced sample where I'm both triggering and addressing the slices with a trigger and CV output from a Mutable Instruments Marbles. The birds and synth arp are loops in the Bitbox. The big synth drone is Plaits through Ripples.

https://soundcloud.com/jasonjob/ambival ... studio-jam

My only minor quibble with the UI so far is that I wish I didn't have to go into the Edit menu to find the Save button. All in all though it is a super easy to understand design. As someone else mentioned, you barely even need a manual for this thing, which is a big compliment.

lionelfischer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lionelfischer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:40 pm

1010music wrote:
lionelfischer wrote:Is polyphonic currently only available via midi?
As of version 2.2.3, the gate inputs can also trigger polyphonic samples. Glad to hear you like the new version.
i am still unable do to poly with gates using newest one, which i think is 2.2.4

and just to be clear, sending multiple gates into the same cell input before it finishes playing is what i was hoping to do. is this what the update allows, or does it allow a different kind of polyphonic? just wanna make sure im not misunderstanding, or user erroring..

metaBit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by metaBit » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm

I threw an Amen Break into bitbox, sliced it up and addressed the slices with the output from Tides. Definitely fun!!

I fade the break in at 0:40

[video][/video]

DruidTek
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DruidTek » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:59 pm

skylab001 wrote:I like to slow down or speed up my drum breaks, sometimes by 20-30bpm, detune, etc. When I do that I get a lot of jumping about and stuttering in the loop. I'm so used to this just working on an Octatrack with little fuss. Any tips that I can use to make it work better?
Try the Slicer instead

lionelfischer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lionelfischer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:43 am

metaBit wrote:I threw an Amen Break into bitbox, sliced it up and addressed the slices with the output from Tides. Definitely fun!!

I fade the break in at 0:40

[video][/video]
dope. and your not triggering them are you, just sending looping envelope into slice select (ext3) ?

metaBit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by metaBit » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:30 pm

lionelfischer wrote: dope. and your not triggering them are you, just sending looping envelope into slice select (ext3) ?
Correct. I wasn't triggering it. I just set the slicer to loop and launch mode to toggle. I'm excited to play around with triggering more though.

Gyroscope
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Gyroscope » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:59 am

I checked the manual and found nothing about a truncate option. In Sample mode I see that it's possible to set new start and end points but can we save these new settings?

lionelfischer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lionelfischer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 am

is anyone else unable to get polyphony to work with gates? my bitbox latest firmware only works in polyphony if i'm triggering the cell with MIDI.

minigmgoit
Common Wiggler

Post by minigmgoit » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:56 am

Echoing much of whats already been said, the latest updates have made this a highly useable module. It's at the centre of my set up now.

lionelfischer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lionelfischer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:19 am

minigmgoit wrote:Echoing much of whats already been said, the latest updates have made this a highly useable module. It's at the centre of my set up now.
Agree. I removed all my drum modules and use bitbox only now!

Might get a kickall tho

Return to “Eurorack Modules”