1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Dennis
Common Wiggler

Re: 1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper

Post by Dennis » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:35 am

thanks for the fast responses!

the firmware already kinda worked it told me on the screen. but i still can't see the waveforms or hear sound... and i still can't load presets

i can create a new preset, i can't select more than sine, saw, noise waveforms, and i can change envelope, filter, delay settings but still no sound

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:53 am

Have you patched a gate into the gate input to trigger sounds? Patch a gate in like this:
3BDBEDE3-98C1-4CC0-ABAF-B5395910589E.jpeg

rayultine
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rayultine » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:52 am

Hey all,
sorry if this has been discussed exhaustively already, but what is your method for taking the multisample .wav files and stringing them together into a sliceable cell? Or formulating them into a bitbox preset that could be mapped to the appropriate keys?
Can this be done inside the bitbox ecosystem? If not, does anyone have any reaper scripts to knock this out quickly?

Dennis
Common Wiggler

Post by Dennis » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:01 pm

now i found the problem:

i had the factory image 111 folder on the SD card.

when i put the files from inside the folder directly to the SD card (without the holding folder) it works perfectly

reading the manual now and wondering if there is a way to disable the internal EG / let the Oscillators drone constantly?

soggybag
Wiggling with Experience

Post by soggybag » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:36 pm

I just installed the 3.0 firmware last night. I haven’t seen any discussion on this here.

I’ve had the Bitbox for a couple years but haven’t really used it that much. I want to dig deeper into this. I was looking for sample libraries can’t really find anything except the default library. Can anyone recommend anything?

pekbro
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pekbro » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm

soggybag wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:36 pm
I just installed the 3.0 firmware last night. I haven’t seen any discussion on this here.

I’ve had the Bitbox for a couple years but haven’t really used it that much. I want to dig deeper into this. I was looking for sample libraries can’t really find anything except the default library. Can anyone recommend anything?
I like Samples from Mars...

soggybag
Wiggling with Experience

Post by soggybag » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:12 pm

pekbro wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm
soggybag wrote:

I’m guessing these are all compatible with Bitbox?

pekbro
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pekbro » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:46 pm

soggybag wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:12 pm
pekbro wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm
soggybag wrote:

I’m guessing these are all compatible with Bitbox?
Sure as are pretty much any sample packs, you might have to make your own kits from them. There are ableton
live kits in them which is supposedly supported by the BB, never tried them though as I just make my own kits
from the individual samples.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:45 am

as for commercial sample packs (many of which are 44KHz - pretty much the standard), you should convert them to 48KHz, otherwise bitbox has to convert them in real time to 48KHz when processing the files, this adds to latency and/or might give you fewer voices since it's taxing the CPU.

...and don't use a crappy converter that doesn't have anti-aliasing..

soggybag
Wiggling with Experience

Post by soggybag » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:56 am

bemushroomed wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:45 am
as for commercial sample packs (many of which are 44KHz - pretty much the standard), you should convert them to 48KHz, otherwise bitbox has to convert them in real time to 48KHz when processing the files, this adds to latency and/or might give you fewer voices since it's taxing the CPU.

Thanks that’s good advice. I’m on a Mac can anyone recommend software for converting audio files?

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:34 am

soggybag wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:56 am
bemushroomed wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:45 am

Thanks that’s good advice. I’m on a Mac can anyone recommend software for converting audio files?
sox

mosorensen
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mosorensen » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:46 am

I use Fission (https://rogueamoeba.com/fission/) to convert audio files on my mac. It has a batch mode that makes it easy to convert many files at the same time.

seychmar
Common Wiggler

Post by seychmar » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:23 am

DSP-Quattro has an excellent batch processor.

DoverBeach
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DoverBeach » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:19 am

Does anyone know when the synthbox firmware will be available for the bitbox mk2?
I would like to buy the synthbox but I prefer to wait when will be ready for the mk2 version instead of buying the mk1. I'm also interested in the multisampling aspect of the bitbox, but I'm more interested in the synthbox. If it's 100% sure that 1010 will develop synthbox for the mk2 version I could order one and wait...

DruidTek
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DruidTek » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:02 am

DoverBeach wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:19 am
Does anyone know when the synthbox firmware will be available for the bitbox mk2?
It was just released the other day.

stujay18
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stujay18 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 pm

I'm another victim of the dead-screen-practically-out-of-the-box Bitbox Micro. Attempting to lower brightness fries the module. Contacted 1010music for guidance. I feel for them, this has to be a nightmare, and an expensive one at that.

asgood
Learning to Wiggle

Post by asgood » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:28 pm

Has anyone figured out how to send clock OUT of the bitbox mk2?

I have a very small system and am using midi in to control a lot of stuff on the bitbox, but i'd like to be able to send clock out...

stujay18
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stujay18 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:33 pm

Quick shout-out to 1010 Music. As I mentioned a couple messages up, a good chunk of their first run of the Bitbox Micro has a flaw wherein the screen goes black forever if the user dims the brightness. I sent it back with the postage they emailed to me, and they fixed it and returned it as quick as you can blink. Exceptional customer service, and I'm looking forward to playing with it.

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:57 pm

stujay18. Please post if you see flickering on the replacement. My screen was shot as well, but the replacement they sent is still flickering. So I’m not sure if it’s a matter of time before it dies or ??. I think I’ll still return it if there’s no improvement.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
FS/T: CV.OCD / Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:53 pm

Is anyone having issues saving? There have been a few times (like right now) where I put together a set of samples, realize how happy I am with them, but can't save as a preset since all save options are grayed out. I feel like I'm missing something. I'm on a Micro if that makes a difference.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:59 pm

yeah, the saving seems fucked (im on the mk1 Bitbox). i have a template that i've spent a ton of time with that i want to use for all future saves (i just want to change the samples, not the outputs, modulation settings etc). This does not seem possible. The really fucked up part is that "new" in "Files" deletes(!) your current template, and without any kind of warning. Who the hell design something like that? Obviously when i'm in Files, i think that NEW means i want to create a new file/save for the template i've been working on for perhaps an hour, but no, it deletes it without warning.

RTFM and all that aside, this is not great design. I also have never figured out how to save my template to a NEW file, i can only overwrite the one that i have, i can't create a new file and save my edit and still keep the old file.

Edit: actually, i checked just now.. and now i have "save as", i don't even recall seeing that before. I did update it to 3.0 recently so maybe they fixed this.

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:36 am

bemushroomed wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:59 pm
yeah, the saving seems fucked (im on the mk1 Bitbox). i have a template that i've spent a ton of time with that i want to use for all future saves (i just want to change the samples, not the outputs, modulation settings etc). This does not seem possible. The really fucked up part is that "new" in "Files" deletes(!) your current template, and without any kind of warning. Who the hell design something like that? Obviously when i'm in Files, i think that NEW means i want to create a new file/save for the template i've been working on for perhaps an hour, but no, it deletes it without warning.

RTFM and all that aside, this is not great design. I also have never figured out how to save my template to a NEW file, i can only overwrite the one that i have, i can't create a new file and save my edit and still keep the old file.

Edit: actually, i checked just now.. and now i have "save as", i don't even recall seeing that before. I did update it to 3.0 recently so maybe they fixed this.
Well that sucks. Nice to know I’m not alone, but not good. It happened the first day for me but I just assumed I was missing a step. How is your card formatted? I wonder if it’s something to do with exFat.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 am

I'm on FAT32 now. And again, this does seem to fixed now for me, i can use "save as", it's not greyed out (i'm on 3.0)

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Post by Wubz » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:03 pm

Hey all, I'm having some issues here and was hoping someone can help. I'm looking to assign midi cc to play different slices in a sample, on a per step basis. Having a real hard time getting it to work with either my digitakt or vector sequencer. has anyone managed to get this working? I got cc working for a a bunch of other parameters just fine. I also can get slices to play with different notes sent over midi, but not with cc signals. Plz halp

stujay18
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stujay18 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:07 pm

exper wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:57 pm
stujay18. Please post if you see flickering on the replacement. My screen was shot as well, but the replacement they sent is still flickering. So I’m not sure if it’s a matter of time before it dies or ??. I think I’ll still return it if there’s no improvement.
Worse. They "fixed" it and sent it back. Dead again within 5 minutes of use. Returning it for a Rample. I've lost confidence in 1010 Music.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”