Verbos Bark Filter Processor

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

nikbee
Common Wiggler

Post by nikbee » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:25 am

Illwiggle wrote:Just getting turned on to this puppy, but I just got a RxMx & Fxdf.....wondering if thr Bark would make it redundant/obsolete in my setup??
I have both. They are totally different. The bark filter is really really special. I want several..

R u planning on using the rxmx with dpo also? That is a killer combo as well. All great modules. Cant go wrong as far as i am concerned.

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:05 pm

nikbee wrote:
Illwiggle wrote:Just getting turned on to this puppy, but I just got a RxMx & Fxdf.....wondering if thr Bark would make it redundant/obsolete in my setup??
I have both. They are totally different. The bark filter is really really special. I want several..

R u planning on using the rxmx with dpo also? That is a killer combo as well. All great modules. Cant go wrong as far as i am concerned.
Im torn between the CS-L or a Verbos CO/HO. I recognize the power in the DPO, but something irks me about a lot of the sounds coming from it....i dunno

What is your favorite pairing with the Bark?

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:11 pm

A very rich oscillator is great with it. Mine has been permanently hooked up to the Loquelic Iteritas Percido recently.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Illwiggle wrote:
nikbee wrote:

Im torn between the CS-L or a Verbos CO/HO. I recognize the power in the DPO, but something irks me about a lot of the sounds coming from it....i dunno

What is your favorite pairing with the Bark?
been using with omega phi mk2,its fantastic. just those two together have a lot of sound territory to explore. to be fair though the omega phi even sounds good on its own and i dont really have much else to compare it to

ive also used it to isolate and beef up low end sounds from my alphabase. more like an eq very simple but effective

out of the options you listed, i would personally go with the verbos HO

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm

Got a great deal on a Verbos Complex Osc yesterday I couldnt pass up...:& a pretty good deal on a Bark too....so these two are gonna be my first Verbos modules! Yeeee

BrokenBo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BrokenBo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:24 pm

verbos complex is fantastic. there are no dead spots....everyhting is a sweet spot.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Illwiggle wrote:Got a great deal on a Verbos Complex Osc yesterday I couldnt pass up...:& a pretty good deal on a Bark too....so these two are gonna be my first Verbos modules! Yeeee
Quite the start ! I really want either a Harmonic or a Complex. Probably gonna put the DFAM back in its case and go for one of the two very soon.

nocontact
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nocontact » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:56 pm

How does this module handle no input metallic feedback patches? Can anyone share a demo? Ive got no change to try it out here but that would be some seriously fun added usability with all the cv ins and outs... Thanks!

Should I rather go for the resonant eq from random source?

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:11 am

The Bark is now in the system.....

Superb build quality I must note. This thing is pretty crazy, esp with the MG & JF.... what do folks do with all those filter outputs?!

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:38 am

All those filters outputs are really nice to have, so much flexibility, but I must say I never use more than one or two at a time. Creating a different chain for each one would be incredible, but I don't have a monster system :) Mostly just tapping them through a LPG to further sequence them and derive a little pattern from a drone or something. I also "switch" from different filter outputs manually by unplugging/plugging a cable; I guess I'd need a sequential switch ahah.

And I FINALLY added a dedicated noise source to my rig (Kinks) -I could create nice digital-y granular-y noise with Chimera or Fracture, but nothing like pure white noise- and I must say it's fantastic with the Bark and a few FX down the line. Sequencing the bands with the Octasource I got some beautiful, almost pitched rhythmic sequences. Much more to explore here, sending individual filters around to excite and modulate other filters and FX.

I have yet to try feedback experiments though, maybe see if we can turn this into a resonant beast and send triggers to the VCAs.

nocontact
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nocontact » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 am

Ive watched many of your demos, and they are source of inspiration for me to spend so much money on a single device. Veru beautiful. Id really appreciate if you could do a demo of the Bark as a industrial voice, that would without doubt be the reason to push me over the edge to purchase it if it sounds anything like serge resonant eq feedback. :love:

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Feedback experiments! Thats whats up.....Im getting a good sense of the Verbos system ‘style’ thru this module, and now the CO, which just arrived, and is pretty fuckin awesome too..... all the filter outs, the envelope outs, the simplistic interfaces, etc....I see how it all makes for a very stimulating & well thought out system. Ive not really come across much of this aesthetic in Euro. Maybe Make Noise Id say is similar in that respect, ha except the simplistic layout.... Im contemplating my next Verbos purchase to complement these two, esp the BARK.....Im torn between the Multi Delay or the Harmonic.....

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:09 pm

Just got around to sending a trigger into one of the inputs of the Bark this morning, you can get lovely percussive sounds, a different one on each band of course. Sounds lovely though some delay/further filtering (T-Resonator II).

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:14 pm

So, I ended up picking up a HO & ATC as well.... now that I got all these CV hungry Verbos pieces, Im considering a Vector Space.....can anyone chime in on this one? Im figuring its a box filled with happy accidents.... my existing additional mod sources are Rene2, Octasource, Marbles, Rampage, just Friends, Muxlicer....

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:16 pm

So, I ended up picking up a HO & ATC as well.... now that I got all these CV hungry Verbos pieces, Im considering a Vector Space.....can anyone chime in on this one? Im figuring its a box filled with happy accidents.... my existing additional mod sources are Rene2, Octasource, Marbles....

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:56 pm

Can't chime in on the Vector Space, but the Octasource is really great with the Bark Filter ! Don't forget the enveloppe followers are a great modulation source too ! You could also stay within the Versos line and get the Multi Delay which also has enveloppe followers and is also a great modulation source. But the Vector might be more straightforward and versatile ahah.

kingcons
Common Wiggler

Post by kingcons » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:53 pm

Love the idea of sending triggers into the Bark input! I need to play with that.... still haven't gotten to grips with Bark yet. CO and MultiDelay seem to require less planning for me.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:54 pm

kingcons wrote:Love the idea of sending triggers into the Bark input! I need to play with that.... still haven't gotten to grips with Bark yet. CO and MultiDelay seem to require less planning for me.
Here's an example :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvUdeFgFneO/

All the higher note percussions are just triggers sent into the Bark and the I manually choose the frequencies. Also there's an envelope follower modulating the amount of spring reverb on the Magneto. I had been trying to nail that sound for a while, really happy with it.

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Wow, thats super dope! Inspiring. The Bark is a Beast!

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:37 am

Thanks you !

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:20 am

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:Just got around to sending a trigger into one of the inputs of the Bark this morning, you can get lovely percussive sounds, a different one on each band of course. Sounds lovely though some delay/further filtering (T-Resonator II).
Can you make a quick demo? Sending an envelope would lead to diff results as well. please if you have couple of min, just play and press rec. I wanna hear the general tone. Merci! :)

I'm a big fan of pinging filters as well...

eit: oupsss I haven't read all messages after this one...
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Yes this latest insta post is a lot of this through Magneto. The low toms are from Loquelic Iteritas Percido though. I could maybe do some more straightforward demo if you'd like. I haven't tried with enveloppes but I just got one that's very snappy so I'll try see what I can get our of it.

jmax313
Common Wiggler

Post by jmax313 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:Again, a little snippet with LIP going into The Bark Filter. Haven't unpatched this combo in weeks; they work incredibly well together.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtQwj1sh6uE/
This is great!!

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:43 am

Thank you !

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Just did this quick "Pings" demo if anyone is interested :

[video][/video]

Various enveloppes from Falistri into the two audio inputs of the Verbos Bark Filter in order to create little percussive sounds. Random gates and CV from Sapèl.

Some Magneto delay and reverb added mid course to give an idea of how these can be used in context. This isn't really a musical demo though.

There's one enveloppe follower going to the Spring reverb CV on Magneto (through an attenuator). Then I add one going into the Wet CV.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”