MDLRCASE new 12U/104HP portable eurorack case shipping now

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Epignosis567
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Epignosis567 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Any other muffs can chime in on the MDLR PWR? Wish I could hear the noise levels...

tomtomtron
Common Wiggler

Post by tomtomtron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:33 am

mzero wrote:If AJFourier is still reading this forum... I started this with a commitment to just 6U x104 rows, but have added a skiff with one more row, which seems fine for now, but I really wish I had purchased the new case with 12U x 104...

I wonder if it would be possible down the road to add the additional components to make my case into a 12 U, or would I have to sell mine and get a new 12 U case?

Certainly not coming any time soon, but its something I have thought about....

LOVE you work by the way... I'm really happy with my case!!
drop him a mail or a facebook PM - he's really responsible and helpful! good guy!!

Epignosis567
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Epignosis567 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Can anyone confirm that the MDLR PWR works with harvestman and wmd modules? I've heard there have been problems with some PSUs.

Epignosis567
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Epignosis567 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:52 pm

No one?

reodjectz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by reodjectz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:04 am

Hey - I just placed an order for their 14U 126hp portable before I read this bit about their power being trouble.

So bump bump bump. Hows this do with digital modules (3 x harvestman as well as morphagene, DLD and STS)

He also dosn't offer a doepfer PS3 for this case for some reason (wouldn't fit?)

widgetoz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by widgetoz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:18 pm

reodjectz wrote:Hey - I just placed an order for their 14U 126hp portable before I read this bit about their power being trouble.

So bump bump bump. Hows this do with digital modules (3 x harvestman as well as morphagene, DLD and STS)

He also dosn't offer a doepfer PS3 for this case for some reason (wouldn't fit?)
Because cases with mains-borne power supplies in them HAVE to be fully certified and that costs thousands of dollars - that is why everyone goes for external power bricks

Artaos
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Artaos » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:33 pm

reodjectz wrote:Hey - I just placed an order for their 14U 126hp portable before I read this bit about their power being trouble.

I use the MDLR case and power with a DLD and Morphagene without any problems so far.

reodjectz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by reodjectz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Artaos wrote:

I use the MDLR case and power with a DLD and Morphagene without any problems so far.
Good to hear. I'll report back (in a few months it looks like) to let you know if I actually have any issues.

-v

drowld
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drowld » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:52 am

How much is the top lid alone ? So i can use half ot the case alone to take it with me[/quote]

Also would it be possible to have 104hp 2x 7u ?

digitalohm
Common Wiggler

Post by digitalohm » Sat May 19, 2018 10:14 am

can anyone comment on MDLR power and IME/Harvestman modules? The PGH Structure 208 has been an extremely clean PSU but there is that flicker issue at startup and shutdown.

cor909
Learning to Wiggle

Post by cor909 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:28 am

drowld wrote:How much is the top lid alone ? So i can use half ot the case alone to take it with me
Also would it be possible to have 104hp 2x 7u ?[/quote]

I'd also like to know if you can purchase a top lid for half of the case. Have one on the way but won't fill it for a good while

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:34 pm

digitalohm wrote:can anyone comment on MDLR power and IME/Harvestman modules? The PGH Structure 208 has been an extremely clean PSU but there is that flicker issue at startup and shutdown.
I have Kermit and PHmkIII in mine and no problems to report.

Sunden
Common Wiggler

Post by Sunden » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:01 am

There was some discussion earlier in the thread about how the mechanism works to keep one half of the case upright, but I didn’t find the descriptions or photos very clear. How sturdy is it? Does it feel like you could push it back by accident while patching a cable in?

I have an Elite Modular 416 portable case, but I absolutely hate that the back half doesn’t stay propped up on its own and I also dislike having the recessed back half.

This case seems like the perfect solution - I love the look and concept behind the ring, but making the switch would be such a huge time and $$ investment that I’d really like a more detailed description of this mechanism. Photos, videos, comments...

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:43 am

I'm not home at the moment so I can't take pics but it is extremely stable and sturdy. It doesn't move. You have to willingly close it otherwise it stays in place.

reodjectz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by reodjectz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello fellow MDLR Case users.

A few times I have emailed Arjan about a bigger 'ring' for my 14U case, but he never gets back to me. (I understand that I would still need the non-handle part of the ring to clip on for the top case to stand properly).

I use stackCables a lot (and even when I don't), I have a hard time actually closing the case. For my last gig I ended up strapping the open case to a piece of wood and putting that in my car. Next show is at more chaotic venue and will not have that option.

Have people come up with some techniques for better getting their case mobile? What is the name of the slide-on hinges that these cases use? I suppose I could build myself something if I knew all the right hardware.

Thanks
-V

funkyjunky
Wiggling with Experience

Post by funkyjunky » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:06 pm

reodjectz wrote:
Have people come up with some techniques for better getting their case mobile? What is the name of the slide-on hinges that these cases use? I suppose I could build myself something if I knew all the right hardware.

Thanks
-V
Yes, just use angled cables. All cables. Tendrils cables are fine. Cheers!

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Mine closes fine even with a big patch and stackables. I mean I have to bend a few cables here and there but nothing too bad. I'd like to switch to tendrils but it's quite an investment...

djthopa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by djthopa » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 am

Hi Arjan,

Congrats on your cases.

Are these posted from the Eu (i live in Spain) or from Russia?

Im confused because i ordered some years ago a mdr case (are you the same people?) and the case came from Russia.

Id like to know since customs in Spain are a pain to deal with.

Cheers!

grillpanda
Learning to Wiggle

Post by grillpanda » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:05 am

djthopa wrote:Hi Arjan,

Congrats on your cases.

Im confused because i ordered some years ago a mdr case (are you the same people?) and the case came from Russia.

Cheers!
MDR looks like a different outfit.

I recently bought a 14u/126hp from MDLR and it shipped from Netherlands.

It’s a lovely case, very happy with it.

djthopa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by djthopa » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:14 am

grillpanda wrote:
djthopa wrote:Hi Arjan,

Congrats on your cases.

Cheers!
MDR looks like a different outfit.

Thanks for the head ups! Thats great news :tu:

I recently bought a 14u/126hp from MDLR and it shipped from Netherlands.

It’s a lovely case, very happy with it.

cor909
Learning to Wiggle

Re: MDLRCASE new 12U/104HP portable eurorack case shipping now

Post by cor909 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:33 am

Bought a case and one of the butterfly locks seized up. Arjan sent me replacement parts free of charge! Highly recommend this case

Return to “Eurorack Modules”