MDLRCASE new 12U/104HP portable eurorack case shipping now

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

strangeowl
Common Wiggler

Post by strangeowl » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:53 am

I'd like to add to this thread that MDLR made a great custom travel case for me and he was lovely to work with :)

viewtopic.php?t=165914&highlight=

PS. In the pictures in that thread it's in carry-on luggage. I know carry it around in a pelicase with some fragile stickers and check it in to the luggage hold.

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:44 am

Artaos wrote:Could you tell us a bit more about how the stand works? Do you have more close-up pictures? Based on these pictures so far it looks like the top lid is just resting on the stand. Is it secured?
I have to be honest it looks like it might not be very solid, and I feel like when patching and unpatching the top lid, it might move around? In your description, you say it's rock solid though, how does this work? Thanks!
Hey Artaos, first of all sorry for little bit delayed reply. The stand/ring rest flat on a surface and you can rock it hard trust me. Because the ring and the case are flat on for example a table and the lid resting on the ring you can push it without falling back. (sorry for my bad english as i'm a dutchie:). At the moment i'm extremely busy to deliver all orders for the case, i hope i can make a small demo movie next week to show how everything works and how to set it up. Hope that helps:)
We build professional handmade eurorack cases, please visit our webshop https://www.mdlrcase.com/shop for more information. www.facebook.com/mdlrcase www.instagram.com/mdlrcase

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:39 am

dysonant wrote:Well hot damn this looks nice! :yay: I would need to do a bit of planning and a reorg were I to get one. Wondering about stock, will these be around for a while?

How well do the two halves stack? Meaning, can I vertically stack one on top of the other without much worry?

If I get this it also means I'd probably get one of your 114hp 6u bases too. Would US shipping for two cases have any economic advantage?
Hey Dysonant, thanks for the kind words:)
Regarding stock i'm a bit overwhelmed by the positive reaction form the modular community and almost ship 1 or 2 on a daily basis right know.
I build a batch of 25 cases upfront which i thought will be enough, but orders keep flowing. At the moment i have 6 left from the batch so i have you need a case before christmas then it's time to order soon i guess.

Please explain me i little bit more with what you mean by stacking the cases vertcally so i that i can give you a proper answer:)

Shippping two cases the same time definetely is cheaper then one by one so yes doing it in 1 order reaaly helps.

Of course you can send me an email to arjan@mdlrcase.com as well, i'm happy to help you out,

Have a nice day

Peace AJ
We build professional handmade eurorack cases, please visit our webshop https://www.mdlrcase.com/shop for more information. www.facebook.com/mdlrcase www.instagram.com/mdlrcase

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:49 am

strangeowl wrote:I'd like to add to this thread that MDLR made a great custom travel case for me and he was lovely to work with :)

viewtopic.php?t=165914&highlight=

PS. In the pictures in that thread it's in carry-on luggage. I know carry it around in a pelicase with some fragile stickers and check it in to the luggage hold.
Thanks strangeowl it was a pleasure working with you as well, case went out very well and it's a sexy small solution...

Speak soon :)

dysonant
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dysonant » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:16 am

AJFourier wrote:Please explain me i little bit more with what you mean by stacking the cases vertcally so i that i can give you a proper answer:)
Hi AJFourier, this is what I mean

Last edited by dysonant on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:21 am

dysonant wrote:
AJFourier wrote:
dysonant wrote:Please explain me i little bit more with what you mean by stacking the cases vertcally so i that i can give you a proper answer:)

I'm affraid its not designed with this in mind. If you like a custom
Build please let me know-:)

arcanius
Common Wiggler

Post by arcanius » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:05 am

wow what a beautiful case!!! :banana: :nana:
its all a party !

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:38 pm

arcanius wrote:wow what a beautiful case!!! :banana: :nana:
thanks a lot arcanius..

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:58 am

AJFourier wrote:
dysonant wrote:
AJFourier wrote:
dysonant wrote:Please explain me i little bit more with what you mean by stacking the cases vertcally so i that i can give you a proper answer:)

I'm affraid its not designed with this in mind. If you like a custom
Build please let me know-:)
I did a little research and trying things out, good news:)
The case can be used the way you want, see attached images.

I only need need to cutomize the stand so that it stays upright, which will be no problem.

dysonant
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dysonant » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:57 am

Hey AJFourier, thanks for looking into this. Very interesting. This opens things up a bit for me. If i bought this case I would need to use it in three potential configurations.

Here is another question for you. In the stacked studio configuration, would they be able to sit on top of your other cases? For example this one? https://www.mdlrcase.com/product/6u-841 ... c-black-2/

Jalopy
Common Wiggler

Post by Jalopy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Would be interested to know if said variations can be accommodated...

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:01 pm

dysonant wrote:Hey AJFourier, thanks for looking into this. Very interesting. This opens things up a bit for me. If i bought this case I would need to use it in three potential configurations.

Here is another question for you. In the stacked studio configuration, would they be able to sit on top of your other cases? For example this one? https://www.mdlrcase.com/product/6u-841 ... c-black-2/
Hey Dysonant, and all other interested people:)

Sorry for the delayed feedback as a lot of people make orders for the case and i'm working almost 7 days a week to fullfill all orders, emails en socialmedia requests and questions... Which i ofcourse love to do, don't get me wrong.

Mentioned configurations are all possible, please let me explain a little for clarity:

Connected and open for live performance is of course possible, that's the way it's designed. The middle ring, functions as a stand as well which gives the case a really sturdy and stable solution to use it on a table or solid sub surface.

Stacked but seperate:
This is also possible, but it needs some custom adjustments for that. The original hinges can be used to do it but the case need to rest to for example a wall. Last week i did some experimentation with the case and it's also possible to use the whole ring instead of the half ring to make it even more sturdy. If you like to use it in this way i can make a small custom adjustment to add some extra fastening to make it suoer sturdy. See image below

Side by side one at a time.
This is really easy to do, during the design process it was one of the things on my wishlist. Each case halve have it's own PSU and powerinlet to make it easy to use as two seperate halve lying side by side. If it's a must to use it side by side without any space between it i can try to make the powerinlets in opposite direction. Please contact me before so we can speak about this kind of requests.

Last if someone have any custom requests please let me know via PM or email, i'm happy to discuss any request from all of you:) mail to arjan@mdlrcase.com and i'm very happy to help.

Ps last weekend i did a fotoshoot for the case and will post these later this week.

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:02 pm

dysonant wrote:Hey AJFourier, thanks for looking into this. Very interesting. This opens things up a bit for me. If i bought this case I would need to use it in three potential configurations.

Hey Dysonant, and all other interested people:)

Sorry for the delayed feedback as a lot of people make orders for the case and i'm working almost 7 days a week to fullfill all orders, emails en socialmedia requests and questions... Which i ofcourse love to do, don't get me wrong.

Mentioned configurations are all possible, please let me explain a little for clarity:

Connected and open for live performance is of course possible, that's the way it's designed. The middle ring, functions as a stand as well which gives the case a really sturdy and stable solution to use it on a table or solid sub surface.

Stacked but seperate:
This is also possible, but it needs some custom adjustments for that. The original hinges can be used to do it but the case need to rest to for example a wall. Last week i did some experimentation with the case and it's also possible to use the whole ring instead of the half ring to make it even more sturdy. If you like to use it in this way i can make a small custom adjustment to add some extra fastening to make it suoer sturdy. See image below

Side by side one at a time.
This is really easy to do, during the design process it was one of the things on my wishlist. Each case halve have it's own PSU and powerinlet to make it easy to use as two seperate halve lying side by side. If it's a must to use it side by side without any space between it i can try to make the powerinlets in opposite direction. Please contact me before so we can speak about this kind of requests.

Last if someone have any custom requests please let me know via PM or email, i'm happy to discuss any request from all of you:) mail to arjan@mdlrcase.com and i'm very happy to help.

Ps last weekend i did a fotoshoot for the case and will post these later this week.

Zerius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zerius » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Really nice work ! :yay:

ProfessorRubik
Common Wiggler

Post by ProfessorRubik » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:53 pm

As soon as I have enough modules for a 12U case, I'm coming your way!

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Zerius wrote:Really nice work ! :yay:
Thanks Zerius

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:11 pm

ProfessorRubik wrote:As soon as I have enough modules for a 12U case, I'm coming your way!
Your welcome ProfessorRubik, if you need anymore info let me know.

Glad to help

hyena
Ultra Wiggler

Post by hyena » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:06 am

can you also do one without power supply? i'm fine with my 2x uzeus config on my 12u...if so, can you give me a price for an unpowered case? thanks :)

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:36 pm

hyena wrote:can you also do one without power supply? i'm fine with my 2x uzeus config on my 12u...if so, can you give me a price for an unpowered case? thanks :)
Hi Hyena,

Thanks for asking man, the case as an unpowered model is no problem of course. Please send me a PM or send me an email at arjan@mdlrcase.com to discuss your further requests, i'm always happy to help.

Speak soon..

Artaos
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Artaos » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:55 pm

What's the overall depth of the case when opened and with the back propped up on the stand? Meaning, what is the horizontal distance between the front of the case (feet of the bottom half) to the deepest point in the back of the stand/top half?

I'm asking to know how deep of a desk I would need and how much space it would take on that desk. Thanks.

jido_genshi
Common Wiggler

Post by jido_genshi » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Your 12U design is exactly the case I've been looking for... I am desperately trying to come up with the money for one (unfortunately, I am back to starving artist mode at the moment.) Beautiful design!

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:25 am

Artaos wrote:What's the overall depth of the case when opened and with the back propped up on the stand? Meaning, what is the horizontal distance between the front of the case (feet of the bottom half) to the deepest point in the back of the stand/top half?

I'm asking to know how deep of a desk I would need and how much space it would take on that desk. Thanks.
He Artaos thanks for asking i'm glad to help.
I've tried to make a nice sketch with the dimensions, see the image below.
If you (or someone else) have any more questions please let me know.

bgcriswell
Common Wiggler

Post by bgcriswell » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:35 am

This looks like a great case! I really like the design! But if I get a new case, I'd have to get more modules. ;)

void23
Wiggling with Experience

Post by void23 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:54 am

jido_genshi wrote:Your 12U design is exactly the case I've been looking for... I am desperately trying to come up with the money for one (unfortunately, I am back to starving artist mode at the moment.) Beautiful design!
Mine should be shipping in about a week, I'll let you know how it turns out.

AJFourier
Common Wiggler

Post by AJFourier » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:08 am

jido_genshi wrote:Your 12U design is exactly the case I've been looking for... I am desperately trying to come up with the money for one (unfortunately, I am back to starving artist mode at the moment.) Beautiful design!
Thanks Jido for the positive words!
Hit me up when you have any questions

Return to “Eurorack Modules”