Rossum Electro-Music Morpheus Filter

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:11 pm

pzoot wrote:When was it updated?
The latest FW update on the site is over a year old (2017-01), and searching through the latest pages and posts from Marco (all the way to 2017) their is no mentioning of any new version uploaded anywhere from what i can see.

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 pm

apologies for that - i should amend that comment, i think i was on the assimil8tor page or something....
look up!

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:40 pm

I think it's the cubes file, not the whole FW.

letitbleep
Common Wiggler

Post by letitbleep » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Migrigsynth wrote:
melittophily wrote:
High Wolf wrote:I'm experiencing a bit of noise / hiss when using the frequency knob, but seems not with all cubes...anyone else has the same issue?
Going back a few pages to October - I do get crackly noise sometimes when adjusting the frequency knob or its mod amount attenuverter, but not from CV. Its something I’ve been meaning to email Rossum Electro about but just haven’t gotten to it.

Yes, I just started noticing noise when adjusting the Frequency knob. Sounds almost like a dirty pot on a mixer.
i'm getting scratchy pots on my rossum evolution. i wonder if its a hardware prob with the pots they're using.

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:33 pm

i havent use my morpheus lately on my case it might sell it

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Wick wrote:i havent use my morpheus lately on my case it might sell it
or "it" may sell you?

reekster
Common Wiggler

Post by reekster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:01 am

I like the Morpheus for more ambient aspects of a patch. Being able to have long evolving secondary filters that maybe a couple of things are going through adds a cool dimention.

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 am

thetwlo wrote:
Wick wrote:i havent use my morpheus lately on my case it might sell it
or "it" may sell you?
thetwlo jejejejej :hihi: thats funny,its for sale check the sale/trade section

giftculture
Common Wiggler

Post by giftculture » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:19 pm

letitbleep wrote:
Migrigsynth wrote:
melittophily wrote:
High Wolf wrote:I'm experiencing a bit of noise / hiss when using the frequency knob, but seems not with all cubes...anyone else has the same issue?
Going back a few pages to October - I do get crackly noise sometimes when adjusting the frequency knob or its mod amount attenuverter, but not from CV. Its something I’ve been meaning to email Rossum Electro about but just haven’t gotten to it.

Yes, I just started noticing noise when adjusting the Frequency knob. Sounds almost like a dirty pot on a mixer.
i'm getting scratchy pots on my rossum evolution. i wonder if its a hardware prob with the pots they're using.
For what it's worth, I had a scratchy pot on my morpheus and Rossum Electro-Music fixed it right up for me... Pretty fast turnaround time too!

homepoeteuro
Learning to Wiggle

Morpheus filter question

Post by homepoeteuro » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi

Is it possible to start with your clean sound en slowly bring your selected filter in the mix? I don't mean fading-in time. Can't figure it out reading the manual.

Thanks.

neonmercury1
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neonmercury1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:54 pm

giftculture wrote:
letitbleep wrote:
Migrigsynth wrote:
melittophily wrote:

For what it's worth, I had a scratchy pot on my morpheus and Rossum Electro-Music fixed it right up for me... Pretty fast turnaround time too![/quote

I also had this with my morph knob and i sent it to rossum and within the week it was back in my rack. i have said it before on here but these guys really have fantasitc customer service!

mildheadwound
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Morpheus filter question

Post by mildheadwound » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:01 pm

homepoeteuro wrote:Hi

Is it possible... Thanks.
Yes but you would have to make a filter sequence, starting with the last, ‘null’ filter, and the filter you want to morph into. Basically, a filter sequence of null to the filter preset, of your choice. I’m not positive, but by ear, i would say the Null filter is the inly one with a noticably clean bypass.

homepoeteuro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by homepoeteuro » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:29 pm

mildheadwound wrote:

Yes but you would have to make a filter sequence, starting with the last, ‘null’ filter, and the filter you want to morph into. Basically, a filter sequence of null to the filter preset, of your choice. I’m not positive, but by ear, i would say the Null filter is the inly one with a noticably clean bypass.
Thanks. Tried that. You can make a morph for max 2 seconds en then you're full in the next filter. What i'm searching for is smooth, long transitions from dry signal to filtered sound and back again. Sort of wet/dry mix.

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:16 pm

homepoeteuro wrote:
mildheadwound wrote:

Thanks. Tried that. You can make a morph for max 2 seconds en then you're full in the next filter. What i'm searching for is smooth, long transitions from dry signal to filtered sound and back again. Sort of wet/dry mix.
why not just use a VCA?
look up!

homepoeteuro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by homepoeteuro » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:16 pm

Dogma wrote:
homepoeteuro wrote:
mildheadwound wrote:

why not just use a VCA?
Thanks. I'm kind of new to this. In what way can a VCA help me to make a slow or fast transition from clean sound via Morpheus to a filter on Morpheus? I'm searching for a wet/dry mix on this module.

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:12 pm

homepoeteuro wrote:
Dogma wrote:
homepoeteuro wrote:
mildheadwound wrote:

why not just use a VCA?
Thanks. I'm kind of new to this. In what way can a VCA help me to make a slow or fast transition from clean sound via Morpheus to a filter on Morpheus? I'm searching for a wet/dry mix on this module.
You mult the signal before the filter, send one dry signal to a mixer module, or even better a fader module, and the other signal to the filter and then to the fader/mixer module, and then you fade between the wet and dry signals using the fader/mixer module.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:48 pm

homepoeteuro wrote:
mildheadwound wrote:

afaik you cannot do it. i would love to do this too. there are a couple cubes that have dry as part of the cube, but imo there should be much more of these with the thought in mind to go from dry to weird filter sounds

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:05 am

damase wrote:
homepoeteuro wrote:
mildheadwound wrote:

afaik you cannot do it. i would love to do this too. there are a couple cubes that have dry as part of the cube, but imo there should be much more of these with the thought in mind to go from dry to weird filter sounds
damase, I could be wrong but I don't think the OP was asking if you could fade between cubes, the OP as asking for a wet/dry mix.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:15 am

dubonaire wrote:
damase wrote:
homepoeteuro wrote:
mildheadwound wrote:

damase, I could be wrong but I don't think the OP was asking if you could fade between cubes, the OP as asking for a wet/dry mix.
Oh yes i understood, i was offering only a possible workaround not to fade between cubes but using one cube that has “dry” as a possible setting between the knobs (without going outside the module as you suggested). Its far from ideal still, but a stereo wet/dry external patch is a agreeably bit cumbersome although really the only way.

emergingstates
Learning to Wiggle

Post by emergingstates » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Happy new owner right here :love: :love: :love: :love:

Kummer
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kummer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:32 pm

I would like them to include more traditional filter types, maybe with some cool transition FX with the transform or the morph CV input
"We are a way for the universe to know itself" - Carl Sagan

emergingstates
Learning to Wiggle

Post by emergingstates » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Portabella
Common Wiggler

Post by Portabella » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:24 pm

I haven't read thru the whole thread but I am on the fence pulling the trigger on this. But before I have one simple question: can it ping?

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Portabella wrote:I haven't read thru the whole thread but I am on the fence pulling the trigger on this. But before I have one simple question: can it ping?
Yes, but it depends on the program/preset. Some can, some can't.

jmax313
Common Wiggler

Post by jmax313 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:42 pm

emergingstates wrote:Happy new owner right here :love: :love: :love: :love:
same 8-) 8-)

curious if anyone has good beginner advice tips ?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”