Stereo Triggered Sampler from 4ms

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Wiresandones
Common Wiggler

Post by Wiresandones » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Is there any status report about 1.5?

dare
Common Wiggler

Post by dare » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:49 am

Wiresandones wrote:Just curious if it’s technically possible to add a small cross-fade to the loop point?

I don’t think this is the same as the envs, more a blend of the start and end of the loop. In my mind this would allow for a different sound for the smallest loops ?

And speaking of smallest loops, I loaded up some single cycle waveforms for some wavetable synth fun. Too much fun... this is becoming my favorite module of 2017.
I’m trying some single cycle waveforms as well. I’ve noticed a change in the looping characteristic when length is below 50%. I’ve turned off the percussive envelope and there’s still a change at the 12 o’clock mark when adjusting length. Is this the same for you? Thanks!

Arders Bergdahl
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Arders Bergdahl » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:55 am

I love the STS.... just used it a lot for granular stuff.. feeding SMR, DLD and Morphagene.. more fun than i anticipated..

(the clip in sig uses STS as primary sound source.. inte SMR and looped in DLD as well as mangled by Morphangene)
Always fun stuff on my soundcloud page:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/users/1472935" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

dare
Common Wiggler

Post by dare » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 pm

I'm trying to loop a single cycle waveform in the STS.

When making the loop smaller with the length dial when it reaches 12'oclock it pulses as if the envelope is on, not like a loop.

It happens with both envelopes turned off. Is this the same behavior for anyone else using single cycle waveforms?

Thanks!
Last edited by dare on Sun May 06, 2018 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

RubberGong
Common Wiggler

Post by RubberGong » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:18 pm

I don't know if this is the right place for feature requests. But perhaps 4ms are looking once in a while. I was just enjoying almost every aspect of the STS - but I would like if the last selected sample would be loaded when turning it on, it would fit well with the inteface of the module. Even more immediate - and more "analog" in nature - and easier to remember where one left off.

jasev
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jasev » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:25 pm

RubberGong wrote:I don't know if this is the right place for feature requests. But perhaps 4ms are looking once in a while. I was just enjoying almost every aspect of the STS - but I would like if the last selected sample would be loaded when turning it on, it would fit well with the inteface of the module. Even more immediate - and more "analog" in nature - and easier to remember where one left off.

It's in the latest firmware

Check the change log on 4ms website. Off the top of my head you press

Edit file

Bank a button

Bank b button

Save button all together. Lights will flash and if you power down when you boot up again you should be where you left off

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 pm

jasev wrote:
RubberGong wrote:I don't know if this is the right place for feature requests. But perhaps 4ms are looking once in a while. I was just enjoying almost every aspect of the STS - but I would like if the last selected sample would be loaded when turning it on, it would fit well with the inteface of the module. Even more immediate - and more "analog" in nature - and easier to remember where one left off.

Edit file

Bank a button

Bank b button

Save button all together. Lights will flash and if you power down when you boot up again you should be where you left off
very good info! thanks! that was kind of bothering me as well having to select bank and sample every time

RubberGong
Common Wiggler

Post by RubberGong » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:52 am

Perfect! I will do that - now I just need them to make a perfect mini microphone for this. Actually i tried some microphones with no luck - any good suggestions. i got a mini mic for a pc.
jasev wrote:

Edit file

Bank a button

Bank b button

dinosaurs
Common Wiggler

Post by dinosaurs » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:37 am

4ms - any news on firmware updates? this module could benefit a great deal from some software QoL changes.

4mspedals
Veteran Wiggler

Post by 4mspedals » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 pm

dinosaurs wrote:4ms - any news on firmware updates? this module could benefit a great deal from some software QoL changes.
Yes, it's coming up... sorry, I decided to wrap up the WAV Recorder module before doing the STS upgrades. Now that it's almost done, I'm turning back to the STS.

Clacky
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Clacky » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 pm

4mspedals wrote: Yes, it's coming up... sorry, I decided to wrap up the WAV Recorder module before doing the STS upgrades. Now that it's almost done, I'm turning back to the STS.
Thanks!

bobbcorr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bobbcorr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:45 pm

4mspedals wrote:Yes, it's coming up... sorry, I decided to wrap up the WAV Recorder module before doing the STS upgrades. Now that it's almost done, I'm turning back to the STS.
I know this is the wrong thread, but would it be possible to drop the WAV recorder on ModularGrid so I can stare lovingly at it as I plan my next rack? Thank you :)

RubberGong
Common Wiggler

Post by RubberGong » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:45 am

jasev wrote:

Edit file

Bank a button

Bank b button

just read the manual - and this not really the functionality is was looking for. I'd rather enable this behavior as a default. Remembering button combinations isn't really the funniest part of eurorack.I guess that could be accomodated in a future update?

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:54 am

Im happy to have a way to save it, but Id be on board with it being the default as well. Same with the recording bank, although i see how for most people its probably more convenient for it to default to the first open bank

RubberGong
Common Wiggler

Post by RubberGong » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:41 am

damase wrote:Im happy to have a way to save it, but Id be on board with it being the default as well. Same with the recording bank, although i see how for most people its probably more convenient for it to default to the first open bank

u mean last opened bank? :) The other knobs still retain their values - and the last patch involving a specific sample/samplebank would be readily available again when turning the system on.

hydrophilos
Common Wiggler

Post by hydrophilos » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:09 pm

When I toggle the 2 bank buttons to go from stereo to mono, I can't get back to mono. Suggestions?

Thanks

OHEXOH
Common Wiggler

Post by OHEXOH » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Anyone have much luck with single cycle waveforms on the STS? They don't loop smooth and sound different to their source cycle WAV (Pitched up and buzzier).
Gear for sale (Reverb): https://bit.ly/2Sb90oc

Mercutio
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Mercutio » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 am

Hi

Just go t the STS after being so disapointing from Tip top audio one.

Thehe sts is really fun and i fastly get the results i looked for it. It's far more easy than i thought...

But i have a question about the bank selection in the record area...how does it work to navigate fastly (and decrease) ? (like reverse + Bank on the sampler area) EDIT : ok i understood...choosing bank with sample selection and drive thru the colour cycle) !

Thank you
Last edited by Mercutio on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mercutio
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Mercutio » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:20 am

OHEXOH wrote:Anyone have much luck with single cycle waveforms on the STS? They don't loop smooth and sound different to their source cycle WAV (Pitched up and buzzier).
Why don't you put longer cycle than only one ? maybe with 16 it' will be more accurate. i don't know if an app can do that properly.

reodjectz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by reodjectz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:50 am

Two quick questions (both related to getting to 'default'):

1 - anyway to un-arm recording?
2- anyway to jump to the next empty bank for the recording bank?

Love you!
-V

Acquadar
Common Wiggler

Post by Acquadar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:39 am

I really looking to the STS for some morphagenesque kind of thing plus Classic field recordings. Do someone have some video example of that sort of sound treatments?

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 am

Acquadar wrote:I really looking to the STS for some morphagenesque kind of thing plus Classic field recordings. Do someone have some video example of that sort of sound treatments?

Maybe not exactly what youre looking for, but in that video im using 1 channel in stereo mode, sending attenuated LFO to the Devine sample bank and manually tweaking the lfo level, sample bias, pitch, length(in loop mode)

I think it works great as you desire to use it...1 channel for longer recordings and 1 channel for more liberal tweaking. Sounds cleaner than MG imo, but doesnt have overlapping grains unless you do some clever self patching with both channels. The sample file management in STS is a dream so naviagting field recordings is easy... where MG was a bit of a nightmare and nearly unusable for that purpose.

nedrush
Common Wiggler

Post by nedrush » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 am

I have a feature suggestion.

Is there anyway the start position could snap to markers that have been embedded in the file? And behave as normal with files that have no markers?

Morphogene recognises markers in files to create its splice points.

Could really open up things.

Hththt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Hththt » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 pm

I am not sure i understand this module fully...

Lets assume i create sample chains of instruments with lets say 50 notes (think piano for ease), will i be able to slice it up easily to get a chromatic playing on a keyboard when using midi to cv?

And if thats the case, any way to up voices by keeping everything mono?
Would i get out with 4 voices polyphony?

Thanks a lot, really need to know this

iamalanivierra
Learning to Wiggle

Post by iamalanivierra » Wed May 02, 2018 3:35 am

Using the StS as a “dj dual deck”

Return to “Eurorack Modules”