Malekko SYNC

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

definition
1-Post Wiggler

Post by definition » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:10 am

Having the same issue trying to use my Octatrack mk2 with SYNC & CV/GATE. Clock seems to be working ok. But not gates working. I get an occasional gate to happen then basically what seems like a stuck note.

Anyway had any luck with hardware playing nice with SYNC & CV/GATE?

Tonemod
Common Wiggler

Post by Tonemod » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:25 pm

I'm no expert but my research on the issue has lead me to differences in the way midi running status is implemented by different manufacturers leading to the incompatibility.

:bang:

RoyShade
Learning to Wiggle

Post by RoyShade » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:03 pm

I was getting stuck triggers for a while but might have figured it out. On my MPC Live I unchecked 'Send MMC' and it's been stable running all morning.
definition wrote:Having the same issue trying to use my Octatrack mk2 with SYNC & CV/GATE. Clock seems to be working ok. But not gates working. I get an occasional gate to happen then basically what seems like a stuck note.

Anyway had any luck with hardware playing nice with SYNC & CV/GATE?

RoyShade
Learning to Wiggle

Post by RoyShade » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:44 pm

OK, I feel like I'm live blogging this thing - I still get stuck gates but not as frequent after I turned off 'send MMC'. Once they're stuck I bang all of the pads on the MPC until eventually it unsticks. That's not really a solution of course.
I'll keep posting here until I get it or surrender.

deftinwulf
Wiggling with Experience

Post by deftinwulf » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:51 am

*bumpus*

Anyone want to chat about additional findings/updated experiences/anything at all?

I use Ableton Live as my sequencer for my modular but currently I'm just running the midi from Live to my Akai MPK225's USB port, then midi out from the 225's DIN output to the DIN input on my Neutron to drive everything. This is working fine for Pitch and Gate but there's no way to send clock/trig/reset.

So, I'm stuck between an Intellijel uMidi or the Sync + CV/Gate expander. Yarns is not an option because I require the module to have USB midi directly... Not DIN only (I do not have a separate Midi interface, so I need the MIDI to go from my computer right into the modular on USB cable).

I'd welcome any thoughts/additional discussion on the Sync (or recommendations for alternative modules). :nana:

b9
Common Wiggler

Post by b9 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:11 pm

the Polyend poly has enough gates, cv, velocity & modulation outs to automate pretty much whatever you want.

blizzt
Common Wiggler

Post by blizzt » Thu May 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Anyone found a solution for the sync expander module and the digitakt? I already have the SYNC module wich I use to clock the modular to the pc and recently bought a digitakt and Im looking for ways to fully integrate it in my setup.

jamos
Common Wiggler

Re: Malekko SYNC

Post by jamos » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Say RoyShade, did you ever get the issues worked out with your MPC? I am looking for a CV/Gate to use with my MPC Live, this looks like it might be a very good combo.
Nord Modular G2 & G2X, Emulator X, MPC Live, and a growing Euro system.

Haterade
Common Wiggler

Re: Malekko SYNC

Post by Haterade » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:25 pm

Guessing that the CV/Gate + hardware sequencer issue never got solved?
"Don't shun the world, shed it"

Return to “Eurorack Modules”