Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Post Reply
User avatar
drxcm
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Intellijel Tetrapad

Post by drxcm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Don't know what you guys thing, but this is the new NAMM module that piques my interest the most.
.
Looks fantastic, simple to use and powerful. Kind of like a touch version of Frames.

Touch / pressure faders
Quantised outputs
Chord memory
Preset recall
Multiple units can be chained
Accessory sequencing module planned
Monome integration planned

starts 2:46

[video][/video]

User avatar
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 10192
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 am
Location: Southern NJ

Post by exper » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Same here. I think this will be what I always wished for from my pressure points. Hoping I can squeeze in a pair of these.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
FS/T: CV.OCD / Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels

Image

User avatar
bobbcorr
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by bobbcorr » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Could this replace a quartet of Soundmachine's LS1 Lightstrips?

User avatar
joem
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:07 pm
Location: NYC

Post by joem » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:25 pm

I'll have to check it out in person to make sure, but I think this might have wiped the Pressure Points off of my to-buy list.
bobbcorr wrote:Could this replace a quartet of Soundmachine's LS1 Lightstrips?
Dan didn't show off LS1-like recording/playback, but I wouldn't be surprised if this thing can do that. Here's hoping...

User avatar
cane creek
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 875
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 1:12 am
Location: Middlesbrough UK

Post by cane creek » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Shame there's an expander, I wish they just put all the feature in a bigger module to begin with.

User avatar
shellfritsch
Common Wiggler
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:57 am
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Post by shellfritsch » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:41 pm

i've heard that LS-1 style gesture recording is something they are interested in doing, but haven't implemented yet. record time tbd

User avatar
bobbcorr
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by bobbcorr » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:55 pm

shellfritsch wrote:i've heard that LS-1 style gesture recording is something they are interested in doing, but haven't implemented yet. record time tbd
I could see that "record gestures of varying lengths for each channel plus capture any knob wiggling on the tetrapad" as being the goal of the sequencer, especially if they're proposing monome integration which a) has plenty of step sequencing but b) doesn't really capture knob wiggling. It would complement the monome ecosystem very nicely IMO.

User avatar
kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Post by kisielk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:24 am

cane creek wrote:Shame there's an expander, I wish they just put all the feature in a bigger module to begin with.
We decided to separate it since we figured a lot of people will be happy with just the features of the touchpad itself, and won't necessarily need clock inputs etc as will be provided by the expander. Personally I'm pretty happy just using it as four position and pressure sensitive strips to jam out on patches, but there's a lot of other cool things that can potentially be done that we'd like to explore :)
Intellijel R&D

User avatar
akrylik
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 am

Post by akrylik » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:39 am

cane creek wrote:Shame there's an expander, I wish they just put all the feature in a bigger module to begin with.
Nope. Expander is the right way to do it. The main module provides the core functionality and if you find you want the extras then you can buy the expander. This is modular thinking at work for the customer.

User avatar
mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 am
Location: New York City

Post by mdoudoroff » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:38 am

akrylik wrote:
cane creek wrote:Shame there's an expander, I wish they just put all the feature in a bigger module to begin with.
Nope. Expander is the right way to do it. The main module provides the core functionality and if you find you want the extras then you can buy the expander. This is modular thinking at work for the customer.
I agree, as long as the line gets drawn in the right place, and it usually is. (The Poti expander for the Batumi still irritates me.)

User avatar
bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:30 am
Location: Sweden

Post by bemushroomed » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:20 am

mdoudoroff wrote: I agree, as long as the line gets drawn in the right place, and it usually is. (The Poti expander for the Batumi still irritates me.)
Nah, i think i rather spend 10 seconds just taking the batumi out and changing the jumpers than having to pay extra for it to be on the module itself + extra space. It's not like anything on the expander has CV control so imo its quite worthless on its own.

I think expanders are great overall, both that i can buy it later if i dont have the funds to buy a "deluxe" version of the module from start + it can save space if i feel i really dont need the functionality.

User avatar
hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2074
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Post by hawkfuzz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:17 am

Will you have some proper demos of that soon? Looks fun.

User avatar
Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4441
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 am
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by Sinamsis » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Everyone seems excited about the Plonk. To me this module is much more exciting. I don't think it will replace my Pressure Points/Brains but I'm still interested. Anyone know how many hp this little guy is?

User avatar
READYdot
controlled by voltage!
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Luxembourg, EUROPE

Post by READYdot » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Did he say Monome? :eek:

So this could be integrated with Teletype?

User avatar
kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Post by kisielk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:34 pm

READYdot wrote:Did he say Monome? :eek:

So this could be integrated with Teletype?
That is one thing I would like to do
Intellijel R&D

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4142
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Post by Dogma » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:00 pm

READYdot wrote:Did he say Monome? :eek:

So this could be integrated with Teletype?
How cool is this!!!!
So we have this, er301 and just friends potentially under TT control? Can't wait :)

User avatar
koyl
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:29 am
Contact:

Post by koyl » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:21 pm

I'm definitely interested in it and found one of the most interesting module from NAMM so far.
Can't wait to see what it can do with the expander but with pressure + fader control, I can imagine how powerful it will be. :guinness:

User avatar
kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Post by kisielk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:54 pm

koyl wrote:I'm definitely interested in it and found one of the most interesting module from NAMM so far.
Can't wait to see what it can do with the expander but with pressure + fader control, I can imagine how powerful it will be. :guinness:
The expander won't be a thing for a while. We're going to put out the Tetrapad first on its own and see how people use it and what is missing before designing the expander.
Intellijel R&D

User avatar
pinkflag16
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:17 pm
Location: Some Faraway Beach

Post by pinkflag16 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:22 pm

I am a huge LightStrip fan, and was planning to buy more of them, but now...

User avatar
pinkflag16
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:17 pm
Location: Some Faraway Beach

Post by pinkflag16 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:27 pm

kisielk wrote:
koyl wrote:I'm definitely interested in it and found one of the most interesting module from NAMM so far.
Can't wait to see what it can do with the expander but with pressure + fader control, I can imagine how powerful it will be. :guinness:
The expander won't be a thing for a while. We're going to put out the Tetrapad first on its own and see how people use it and what is missing before designing the expander.
Can it record and loop gestures (LS-1 style)?

User avatar
kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Post by kisielk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:28 pm

pinkflag16 wrote:
kisielk wrote:
koyl wrote:I'm definitely interested in it and found one of the most interesting module from NAMM so far.
Can't wait to see what it can do with the expander but with pressure + fader control, I can imagine how powerful it will be. :guinness:
The expander won't be a thing for a while. We're going to put out the Tetrapad first on its own and see how people use it and what is missing before designing the expander.
Can it record and loop gestures (LS-1 style)?
The firmware is still in pretty early stages, but that's something we'll definitely be looking into.
Intellijel R&D

User avatar
Raytracer
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 am
Location: Melbourne

Post by Raytracer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Any idea on when the new modules will be available?

User avatar
kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Post by kisielk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Raytracer wrote:Any idea on when the new modules will be available?
Tetrapad & Plonk - 2 to 3 months, barring any surprises.
Shifty - Maybe 1 month? Just needs some user testing to make sure we haven't missed anything.
QuadVCA & Springray2 - We already have them, so soon.

I believe most of the 1U are ready to go as well.
Intellijel R&D

User avatar
waveglider
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1176
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 am
Location: Los Angeles

Post by waveglider » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:42 pm

kisielk wrote:
The firmware is still in pretty early stages, but that's something we'll definitely be looking into.
Look into it, seriously. If you do, it will increase sales by a significant amount. It would be both in your and our best interest to do so.

User avatar
Raytracer
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 am
Location: Melbourne

Post by Raytracer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:00 pm

kisielk wrote:
Raytracer wrote:Any idea on when the new modules will be available?
Tetrapad & Plonk - 2 to 3 months, barring any surprises.
Shifty - Maybe 1 month? Just needs some user testing to make sure we haven't missed anything.
QuadVCA & Springray2 - We already have them, so soon.

I believe most of the 1U are ready to go as well.
great thanks :)

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”