Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

TheRosskonian
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Intellijel Tetrapad

Post by TheRosskonian » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:06 am

Carrousel wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:56 am
TheRosskonian wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:21 pm
Longpressing, or holding down the record button, should clear out the looper.

Nice, will try this tonight. Does that clear the previously set loop length too? So that the next loop which is recorded then takes its length from the ‘loop length’ setting in the menu? (Or defined by however long you record for if ‘-‘ is selected). This is the only problem I’m still having - as well as there not being any clock divider / multiplier settings in the menu (it says that setting should be there in the manual, odd!).
Correct, it should clear out the current loop length as well, making the next recorded loop taking it's settings from the "loop length" setting in the menu.

So far as I know, the clock divider/multiplier section applies to the sequencer and not the looper. I haven't finished reading the manual myself though, so there may be a way to do that globally as well. I suppose one other way to get division and multiplication is to set an LFO to sync in combo mode.

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:02 pm

Thank you so much for your help - this has solved my problem! Looks like this is going to be a really great bit of kit. My only wish now is for them to increase the current maximum loop length in the menu of 128 beats. I’ve confirmed through experiment that this is clock pulses, not quarter beats - and since you need a 1/16 clock to be able to do proper Euclidean rhythms it does mean max loop length with this method is only 8 bars. I can see that it’s possible to decouple the looper from the clock and have it loop around trigs at the trig input, but I’m a little concerned this may not be too accurate with trigs that are for example 64 bars apart. The other option is to try and hit the record button perfectly in time, but since I know it counts 1/16ths and not quarter beats I don’t fancy my chances of timing it right after performing on the faders for 32-64 bars.
Formerly 'Raven_Martin' on Muffwiggler
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

https://carrouselmusic.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/carrousel_uk

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Now that I’ve solved my original issue I actually think this module has been very cleverly implemented - the layers of different options with the trig and reset inputs is well thought out and allows for several different ways to use the system. As I mentioned, I’ve found I can mult a trig into both the reset input and the trig input and set trig to looper and leave reset on ‘reset’. This allows recording to start and stop exactly when the trig hits and the looper to loop tightly around the same triggers. Leaving loop length set to ‘-‘ now let’s me choose synced loop lengths determined by the timing between reset trigs. The record button just has to be pressed at any time before the first trig, then again at any time before the second - super easy and can’t be messed up by my sub-standard performance skills :hihi:
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

GregIcky
Common Wiggler

Post by GregIcky » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:32 pm

Rather than read 36 pages and watch the 16 videos from Intellijel (I will soon) thought I’d ask on here:

Does anyone feel like something simpler may have been a better fit. I’m a bit overwhelmed by the amount of features but I know the feeling of “I didn’t know it could do that!” Like a year after purchase.

Looking for something to pair with the Beat Step Pro but also something that may assist with program changes on digital modules like Shapeshifter and various IME MK3s. But also touch response. Am just staring the search and would like a little 20-30 hp pod for these duties. Not sure if tetra+tete is a bit overkill?

StrangeAttraction
Wiggling with Experience

Post by StrangeAttraction » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:29 am

"Rather than read 36 pages and watch the 16 videos from Intellijel (I will soon) thought I’d ask on here:"
Ditto:
Can Tetrapad without Tete record CV motion a la LS1 lightstrip (preferably 4 lanes of CV and 4 gates in/out)?

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am

StrangeAttraction wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:29 am
"Rather than read 36 pages and watch the 16 videos from Intellijel (I will soon) thought I’d ask on here:"
Ditto:
Can Tetrapad without Tete record CV motion a la LS1 lightstrip (preferably 4 lanes of CV and 4 gates in/out)?
Yes. They're all the same loop though, whereas with 4 LS1s you'd have independent loops with different lengths.

evileye0702
Ultra Wiggler

Post by evileye0702 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:30 pm

SavageMessiah wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am
StrangeAttraction wrote:
Ditto:
Yes. They're all the same loop though, whereas with 4 LS1s you'd have independent loops with different lengths.
I don't think there is ANY recording on the Tetrapad without the Tete.

StrangeAttraction
Wiggling with Experience

Post by StrangeAttraction » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:45 pm

I've re-read the manual several times expecting to see it but found only mentions of static voltages.
evileye0702 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:30 pm
SavageMessiah wrote:
StrangeAttraction wrote:
Ditto:

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:52 pm

evileye0702 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:30 pm
SavageMessiah wrote:
StrangeAttraction wrote:
Ditto:
Oh, whoops, I missed the "without Tete" part.

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:27 am

StrangeAttraction wrote:
Ditto:
Although as mentioned all 4 lanes have to be the same length, the distinct advantage over four LS1s is being able to sync the loop to an external clock.

I have had some difficulties getting the tetrapad/tete to sync and loop perfectly but I have found that it does work well if you decouple the looper from the clock and have it synced to trigs at the trig input instead. It’s a super deep module pair but it does a hell of a lot, all clock synced and loopable - very cool.

breathrelax
Learning to Wiggle

Post by breathrelax » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:29 pm

Clock question: can the Tete send out a swung clock (whether slaved or as a master)? Thanks!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”