Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

slowwild
Common Wiggler

Post by slowwild » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Hovercraft wrote:
slowwild wrote:
qwertyuiop wrote:
slowwild wrote:We launched the Site/Manual early, enjoy :)

https://intellijel.com/shop/eurorack/tete/
Just digging in, but noticed that there are two i2c connectors on the back of Tete. Any chance in the future it could connect to multiple Tetrapads?
We didn't want to close off the possibility.
At first I thought it was odd that Tete didn't hook up to multiple Tetrapads from the start, but splitting the pads allows a lot of functionality with a single Tetrapad. Still would be nice to spread out over two Tetrapads--especially if you're programming in 16 chords for a performance. Will be interested to see how playable the pads are when divided into four sections.

As for 16 Chords on 1 pad, it's quite playable and with some of the smaller 5 note scales, you get access to 3 octaves worth of keys.

The downside is that the position outputs is harder to "play" or dial in, since it's scaling a ¼ of the pad to generate that output.
slow wild, electric ropes
a boy at intellijel
https://slowwild.party

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:11 pm

slowwild wrote:...
As for 16 Chords on 1 pad, it's quite playable and with some of the smaller 5 note scales, you get access to 3 octaves worth of keys.

The downside is that the position outputs is harder to "play" or dial in, since it's scaling a ¼ of the pad to generate that output.
Sounds great. I'm mainly concerned with fumble-fingering the wrong chord. Not sure I'd even try to use position in such a short space--triggering the chord + the pressure cv will be awesome enough.

slowwild
Common Wiggler

Post by slowwild » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Hovercraft wrote:
slowwild wrote:...

Sounds great. I'm mainly concerned with fumble-fingering the wrong chord. Not sure I'd even try to use position in such a short space--triggering the chord + the pressure cv will be awesome enough.
It's configurable, 4/8/12/16 pads. 12 is my fave for Notes mode, 16 Banks for Voltages mode
a boy at intellijel

slowwild
Common Wiggler

Post by slowwild » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:42 pm

This is the rig i'll be streaming with. I can't guarantee we'll get to them all, but if you have any questions, or patch requests, post them over at the intellijel forum, or during the live stream.

Questions/Requests: https://forum.intellijel.com/t/tete-liv ... pst/2110/5

a boy at intellijel

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:24 am

I’m so excited and no one Gets why

Yay !

:yay:

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:36 am

I think we get why

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:48 am

cackland wrote:I think we get why
Oh yes you do !

slowwild
Common Wiggler

Post by slowwild » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Here, have this!

[video][/video]
a boy at intellijel

batch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batch » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:24 pm

This thing looks wild! Well
Worth the wait.
FS: Erica Synths Hi-Hats D $175, Cymbals $175, Stereo Mixer v2 $100, Intellijel 1U Pedal IO $70, MIDI $110, Rebel Tech Bit Reactor $95

ianski
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ianski » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:32 am

Awesome! Looks like an amazing bit of kit - I love all the visual feedback and controls. Now to decide how to free up that 8HP...

Looking forward to the livestream, although I am in the UK and at a Christmas party later so fat chance of actually catching it live.

I suppose I better find that :75:

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:49 am

slowwild wrote:Here, have this!

[video][/video]
Damn. Need this. :love:

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:06 pm

ianski wrote:Awesome! Looks like an amazing bit of kit - I love all the visual feedback and controls. Now to decide how to free up that 8HP...

Looking forward to the livestream, although I am in the UK and at a Christmas party later so fat chance of actually catching it live.

I suppose I better find that :75:
The live stream will be archived on our YouTube channel so don't worry if you miss it. If you've got any specific questions please post them in our forum thread, linked above.
Intellijel R&D

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:56 pm

The stream is starting now for those who want to catch it live.
Intellijel R&D

Parnelli
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Parnelli » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Thanks for that video!

Well worth the wait indeed!

Merry Christmas!!!!! :tu:

Muse FTW
Common Wiggler

Post by Muse FTW » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 pm

Seriously one of the coolest companion modules I've come across in eurorack. Tetrapad was already good but Tete is going to open it up in a whole new dimension. The looping functions are sick. Can't wait to buy one.

Thanks for the walkthrough.

[video][/video]

IntervoxOptima
Common Wiggler

Post by IntervoxOptima » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:30 am

Many thanks to the Intellijel team for the Tete live stream video! I've had an 8HP space saved in one of my 7u cases next to my Tetrapad since you uploaded it to Modular Grid. Without a doubt it this is a bases loaded home run companion module!!

:cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:40 am

looks like a more cumbersome Voltage Block, some more functionality though (none that really interested me i have to say, especially not at 2x the price of VB).

funqpatrol
Common Wiggler

Post by funqpatrol » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:37 pm

any chance of a Metropolis emulation?

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:01 pm

bemushroomed wrote:looks like a more cumbersome Voltage Block, some more functionality though (none that really interested me i have to say, especially not at 2x the price of VB).
I don't see this comparison at all, nor does it seem particularly cumbersome to me. Tete seems to make it all the more easy to use.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:22 am

Sinamsis wrote:
I don't see this comparison at all
why? because it has slide pads instead of sliders? the difference isn't exactly immense. Both are advanced voltage memory / voltage sequencer modules, with 8 outs. It would require Tête to be similar to VB though, which is what i find cumbersome. VB is just most of that in a cheaper package..

phutureboy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by phutureboy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:13 am

bemushroomed wrote:looks like a more cumbersome Voltage Block, some more functionality though (none that really interested me i have to say, especially not at 2x the price of VB).
As far as I can see the Tete+Tetrapad is rather a VB+Varigate+Quad LFO in a configurable order plus many more features AND with the possibility of upgrades which the VB very strangely doesn't offer. Or at least not so far, and certainly not for the 1st version.
FS: EXPERT SLEEPERS ES-5 | EMS Analyse Filterbank B1-II | EMS AKS | RSF Expander I & II | PEARL Syncussion SY-1

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:50 am

bemushroomed wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:
I don't see this comparison at all
why? because it has slide pads instead of sliders? the difference isn't exactly immense. Both are advanced voltage memory / voltage sequencer modules, with 8 outs. It would require Tête to be similar to VB though, which is what i find cumbersome. VB is just most of that in a cheaper package..
Pressure sensitive sliders/pads is just one (huge) difference. The feature set is not comparable at all as mentioned above. The combo is capable of doing things that VB cannot (I’m sure the opposite is true as well). In general I don’t find these comparisons useful, but when presented with a condescending tone it just sounds silly.

Otherwise I think I just didn’t understand the use of the word cumbersome but now I understand what you’re getting at. I have not used my Tetrapads as much as I’d like because I found the UI a little clunky. With Tete it seems like it will be much more immediate and easier to understand the different modes. Even without it, I’m sure with use it would become second nature. I just never invested the time because I knew Tete would eventually be out and I could occupy myself with other things in the meantime and just consult the manual when using the Tetrapad.

chysn
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chysn » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Let's say you use your Tetrapad to create a sequence with the Tête, and then run that sequence in a loop.

Is your Tetrapad now available for whatever you want while the Tête runs with its own thing?
Current Rack: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/354385
Hemisphere Suite: https://github.com/Chysn/O_C-HemisphereSuite/wiki

"Man must shape his tools lest they shape him." --Arthur Miller

Dibek
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Dibek » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Is the tetrapad ment to have stepped outputs in voltage mode?

when i try to dial in the pitch of an oscillator using the knobs on the tetrapad i get stepped outputs.

Also it would be great if the voltage mode would have an option to only output positive voltage

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Dibek wrote:Is the tetrapad ment to have stepped outputs in voltage mode?

when i try to dial in the pitch of an oscillator using the knobs on the tetrapad i get stepped outputs.

Also it would be great if the voltage mode would have an option to only output positive voltage
You can decide for yourself how much slew you'd like to apply (hold the red button and turn the first encoder to adjust).

Why would you want it to only output positive voltages? :hmm: Do you need a higher resolution for the output or something?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”