Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Intellijel Tetrapad

Post by exper » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:49 pm

https://wigglehunt.com/?query=Tetrapad& ... e_max=5000

Also Detroit Modular looks like they have it as well.
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T: Various Euro:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=221800

megarat
Common Wiggler

Post by megarat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:20 pm

Natemasterflex wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:15 pm
Just wanted to thank Intellijel for the Tète expander!!! Its amazingly good. I never got a Tetrapad because it seemed clunky in its programing, but with the Tète it is very much what I had hoped the Tetrapad would be! I got the Tète before the Pad even lol. The manual is huge, but its a lot of the same stuff repeated in different sections to make certain functions clear. It compliments the Planar 2 very well also. Thanks again for putting out such fantastic modules! Go Canucks
I wanted to offer up my voice for this as well. I've been having a blast with my Têterapad for a couple of weeks now (like you, I was never inspired to get the Tetrapad on its own, so I picked them both up at once). This combo is totally great. I'm amazed by what it can do, and how well thought out the combined interface is. It feels like a perfectly natural combination. Many thanks to Intellijel.

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:46 pm

thelizard wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 pm
Do any US dealers have these in stock? I missed the brief window that Perfect Circuit had them for sale, and I only see them available for pre-order at the usual suspects (although Control doesn't even have a page for it yet). If no one has stock, is there an estimate on the restock date?
I ordered from detroit modular as soon as they listed it--but I don't think they got any in from the first batch--any they haven't responded to any of my emails on order status. After all the hoopla and promotion--it's been frustrating that there was so little US stock available. Weird that Control doesn't even have it listed. :doh:

intellijel
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by intellijel » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:56 pm

The shipment for Detroit shipped out yesterday I believe. Our first batch was delivered to us in a series of partial quantities from our CM so we have been shipping them out as we receive in order of when retailer placed their order. We wish it had been faster but the holidays and some other curveballs slowed things down. Glad they have made their way to some people and they are enjoying them! Excited to see/hear your new creations :)

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:45 pm

Hovercraft wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:46 pm
thelizard wrote:
Do any US dealers have these in stock? I missed the brief window that Perfect Circuit had them for sale, and I only see them available for pre-order at the usual suspects (although Control doesn't even have a page for it yet). If no one has stock, is there an estimate on the restock date?
I ordered from detroit modular as soon as they listed it--but I don't think they got any in from the first batch--any they haven't responded to any of my emails on order status. After all the hoopla and promotion--it's been frustrating that there was so little US stock available. Weird that Control doesn't even have it listed. :doh:
Dans in the middle of moving the shop so he might have missed your email. I have an order in with DM as well. I guess we should be seeing our Tetes pretty soon!

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:52 pm

Thanks for the update Intellijel, and for the info on the DM move, Sinamsis! I can sure understand some production delays and the utter chaos of moving--haha. I'm a one-finger chord guy, and as such--the Tete is eagerly awaited.

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 am

Sinamsis wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:45 pm
Hovercraft wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:46 pm
thelizard wrote:
Dans in the middle of moving the shop so he might have missed your email. I have an order in with DM as well. I guess we should be seeing our Tetes pretty soon!
can't wait, dan wrote to me today he told me the tetes are coming in the next few days

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 am

just wondering, do the Tetrapad and Tete use optical encoders or mechanical encoders? I've gotten burned by a couple of modules' mechanical encoders wearing down within only a few months and their digital value recognition behaving very badly as a result, and I would like to get a sense for the longevity of the TP + T as I could definitely see it becoming a mainstay in my system.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Finally got my Tete today, and holy friggin' cow! This thing is brilliant! :mygod:
I only wish I had like 30 more CV outputs, haha.

funqpatrol
Common Wiggler

Post by funqpatrol » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:45 am

Got a tete today, and noticed 2 i2c ports at the back does it support 2 tetrapads then?

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:12 am

Daisuk wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:21 pm
Finally got my Tete today, and holy friggin' cow! This thing is brilliant! :mygod:
How easy is it to get going on the Tete? I’m interested, but my eyes glaze over at the manual and there are no videos of it In action that I can find.

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:53 am

funqpatrol wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:45 am
Got a tete today, and noticed 2 i2c ports at the back does it support 2 tetrapads then?
Not currently—possibly in a future update.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:22 am

xcc wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:12 am
Daisuk wrote:
How easy is it to get going on the Tete? I’m interested, but my eyes glaze over at the manual and there are no videos of it In action that I can find.
The manual can seem a bit daunting, but it's actually really well written, and you don't really need to read all of it to get going. I have a pretty specific usage in mind for Tete (voltage mode), and got going with it within minutes. Intuitive to use, and the functions I couldn't figure out just by navigating on the module itself, I found easily in the manual. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it - it really opens the Tetrapad up, and navigating on Tete is a breeze once you get the basics down (will take you a few minutes max). :)

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:56 am

Daisuk wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:22 am
xcc wrote:
Daisuk wrote:
The manual can seem a bit daunting, but it's actually really well written, and you don't really need to read all of it to get going. I have a pretty specific usage in mind for Tete (voltage mode), and got going with it within minutes. Intuitive to use, and the functions I couldn't figure out just by navigating on the module itself, I found easily in the manual. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it - it really opens the Tetrapad up, and navigating on Tete is a breeze once you get the basics down (will take you a few minutes max). :)
That’s encouraging, thanks. I’m interested in the sequencing capabilities especially. How intuitive is that part, or have you messed with it yet?

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:40 pm

xcc wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:56 am
Daisuk wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:22 am
xcc wrote:
Daisuk wrote:
That’s encouraging, thanks. I’m interested in the sequencing capabilities especially. How intuitive is that part, or have you messed with it yet?
For my use with the sequencer in voltages mode, it's been a breeze. I have no use for sitting down to dial in exact voltages though (like you might want to do if you're going to program melodies and such), can see that being a bit more time consuming, but still easy enough as you've got direct access to all output voltages/notes through the encoders on the Tetrapad. I've basically just been randomizing all outputs on all pads, and adjusting them somewhat so far, which is easy enough.

Saladolar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Saladolar » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:04 pm

Do I understand the manual well ? Can Tetrapad&Tete generate a gate or a trigger in voltage mode when a pad is pressed ?
This could allow a "mpc style" use of the pads in voltage mode, which would be crazy with my morphagene

slowwild
Common Wiggler

Post by slowwild » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Saladolar wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:04 pm
Do I understand the manual well ? Can Tetrapad&Tete generate a gate or a trigger in voltage mode when a pad is pressed ?
This could allow a "mpc style" use of the pads in voltage mode, which would be crazy with my morphagene
Yep, Pressure and gate outputs are available from the tete
slow wild, electric ropes
a boy at intellijel
https://slowwild.party

Saladolar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Saladolar » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:46 pm

Wow thx, I can't wait to get this little guy !

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:44 pm

One thing I haven't figured out, and which isn't clear in the manual - when I have a sequence going, say it's 200 steps or whatever - and I want to clear that sequence - how do I do it? It says I can save/load/delete presets in the file menu, but if I don't have a preset saved, the only option I get is "save as". How do I just delete or clear the active sequence without having to clear it step by step?

Edit - checked the Tete walkthrough video, and holding record does the trick!

SavageMessiah
Common Wiggler

Post by SavageMessiah » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:58 pm

xcc wrote:
Daisuk wrote:
Did you somehow miss this one? It's super long but covers pretty much everything. Or were you looking for videos of other people doing stuff with it. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those too. I was sold on Tete from before they even announced its final capabilities and already have it but more ideas are good.

Also, it's pretty easy to get going, you could probably learn enough to make it worthwhile just by racking and it and fooling around for a while, intellijel's interface/panel design is on point, as usual.

SavageMessiah
Common Wiggler

Post by SavageMessiah » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Also my low key favorite feature (and maybe this a regular tetrapad thing that I somehow never noticed) is that the random LFO isn't just stepped random, it has a more musical shape with random stairstep patterns, periods where it alternates between two values, etc.

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:19 pm

SavageMessiah wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:58 pm
xcc wrote:
Daisuk wrote:
Did you somehow miss this one? It's super long but covers pretty much everything. Or were you looking for videos of other people doing stuff with it. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those too. I was sold on Tete from before they even announced its final capabilities and already have it but more ideas are good.

Also, it's pretty easy to get going, you could probably learn enough to make it worthwhile just by racking and it and fooling around for a while, intellijel's interface/panel design is on point, as usual.
Yeah I tried watching that one, but don't have two hours. Just interested in seeing it in use I guess. No biggie since it doesn't look like there a ton of these out in the world yet.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:39 pm

xcc wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:19 pm
SavageMessiah wrote:
xcc wrote:
Daisuk wrote:

Yeah I tried watching that one, but don't have two hours. Just interested in seeing it in use I guess. No biggie since it doesn't look like there a ton of these out in the world yet.
Just in case you didn't notice, there's a timing index in the video description, so you can skip around to the parts you're interested in. I've only watched bits and pieces of it myself.

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:18 pm

Daisuk wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:39 pm
xcc wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:19 pm
SavageMessiah wrote:
xcc wrote:
Daisuk wrote:

Just in case you didn't notice, there's a timing index in the video description, so you can skip around to the parts you're interested in. I've only watched bits and pieces of it myself.
Cool, thanks. I didn’t notice since I was listening to it in the car.

funqpatrol
Common Wiggler

Post by funqpatrol » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Day dreaming here but a Metropolis mode maybe?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”