Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Re: Intellijel Tetrapad

Post by autopoiesis » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:34 am

a mode where the tetrapad grows sliders out of the panel? :)

with the expander you can patch the tetrapad in voltages mode to behave in several ways like the metropolis (eg, brownian sequencer motion, quickly reversing direction by twisting the attenuverter for your clocked Bank CV, introducing slew on only certain steps by assigning another CV input to control this), but you have to supply the CV sources that will bring those results. for example, a ramp wave into a track and hold (for emulating pulse count) mixed with a very attenuated random source (to bring the brownian funk).

tetrapad's voltages mode is a really flexible sequencer in terms of voltage control over these functions, but IMHO what really makes metropolis metropolis is the layout of its panel and controls.

unless you had something else in mind with this suggestion

funqpatrol
Common Wiggler

Post by funqpatrol » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:30 am

Well to me what makes metropolis metropolis is the combination of the different gate modes and pulse count and I see the tetra/tete combo a potential great way of getting this back perhaps, Ok it wouldnt be as immediate as the real thing but over a few pages I think there would be a way of replicating the features?

Page1:

CHoose note with encoder by pressing on 1 of 8 zones? press-click to set the glide?

page2:

same with pulse count and press click-enc to scroll through gate modes?

Idk all of that may sound silly after all, as I said just daydreaming.

I wish Intellijel would come with an augmented Metropolis and the tete/tetrapad seemed like it has the potential to be.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:13 pm

First track recorded using Tete. Tete is in voltage mode, flipping through various parameters on everything in the patch in a start/stop sort of tempo, with loopy being toggled on/off every now and then for ever such a slight "break", hehehehe.

mmontazeri
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mmontazeri » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:37 pm

I haven't figured out how to have Voltage mode send a gate on pad switch - am I missing something here?

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:45 pm

mmontazeri wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:37 pm
I haven't figured out how to have Voltage mode send a gate on pad switch - am I missing something here?
You need to assign the A or B output to send a gate or pressure CV or whatever, but I believe it does one of these by default.

peabreu
Common Wiggler

Post by peabreu » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:46 am

Daisuk wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:13 pm
First track recorded using Tete. Tete is in voltage mode, flipping through various parameters on everything in the patch in a start/stop sort of tempo, with loopy being toggled on/off every now and then for ever such a slight "break", hehehehe.

Nice! :sb:

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:08 pm

peabreu wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:46 am
Daisuk wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Nice! :sb:
Thanks! First piece of music I've made for a long while that I actually enjoy listening to myself. :lol:

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 pm

is there any videos of other users with the tete?

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Just had my first patch with the Tete. It makes the Tetrapad so much easier to use. Having a screen associated with the Tetrapad is a must for me, I found it so cumbersome without one. It's really brought new life to the Tetrapad for me. I'm still learning to use the looper, there's so much I have yet to learn! It's on the surface very straight forward and intuitive, but it seems like there are many layers to it in terms of truly mastering the combination. One thing I would find helpful, and I suspect it does not exist, is some form of basic quantization. Is this possible currently? Anyways, here's the first go:

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:19 pm

Sinamsis wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:13 pm
One thing I would find helpful, and I suspect it does not exist, is some form of basic quantization. Is this possible currently?
What kind of quantization are you after? Voltages mode and most of the Combo Mode functions (faders, euclidean, LFOs) can now be quantized.

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:23 pm

scottmfr wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:19 pm
Sinamsis wrote:
One thing I would find helpful, and I suspect it does not exist, is some form of basic quantization. Is this possible currently?
What kind of quantization are you after? Voltages mode and most of the Combo Mode functions (faders, euclidean, LFOs) can now be quantized.
Sorry I should’ve been clearly. Time is what I was hopping to quantize. To compensate for sloppy playing haha. Particularly useful when tapping in rhythm.

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Sinamsis wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:23 pm
scottmfr wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:
Sorry I should’ve been clearly. Time is what I was hopping to quantize. To compensate for sloppy playing haha. Particularly useful when tapping in rhythm.
There seems to only be time quantizing in notes mode using the sequencer (step recording) as opposed to the looper (live recording) that’s available for the other modes. You could also use the Euclidean mode with or without quantized pitches.

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:48 pm

xcc wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pm
Sinamsis wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:23 pm
scottmfr wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:
There seems to only be time quantizing in notes mode using the sequencer (step recording) as opposed to the looper (live recording) that’s available for the other modes. You could also use the Euclidean mode with or without quantized pitches.
The sequencer while using Notes or Voltages Mode would always be quantized to the clock. Euclidean drum patterns would also be quantized to the clock.

With some parameters you can set them to update using the MOD TRIG, which can either be a manual trig sent to an input, the clock, or pad presses.

I find it's easier to get tighter timing using the Looper in notes mode if I start with a defined loop length, and shorter lengths make it even easier. So if you start with a 16 step loop you can always overdub things.

Parnelli
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Parnelli » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:41 pm

Wow... I love this Tete! I have been using various logic combinations to make my own timing schemes with a fair deal of success for about a year now, although much of my rhythm sounds "canned". I do have a 4ms SCM which I use to syncopate some timing features, but I have never reached that level of success wherein my rhythms sounded what I would call "natural".

Enter Tete.

I just got it installed a few days back and then got so busy at work I haven't had much time to mess with it until last night. I was amazed at how quickly I could dial in some syncopation, and using those 4 outputs to drive other sub-timing systems really opened things up for me! This is so freakin' cool! I'm happier than a pig in shit!

And that's only one aspect of it... I can't wait for a couple days off so I can ring this thing out! :sb:

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:03 am

Can anyone who's owned a Tetrapad since 2018 comment on the durability of the build, particularly whether you've noticed any changes in the response of the encoders?

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:37 pm

autopoiesis wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:03 am
Can anyone who's owned a Tetrapad since 2018 comment on the durability of the build, particularly whether you've noticed any changes in the response of the encoders?
I've had a Tetrapad since they were released, and it's working perfectly--no wear issues of any sort. It feels like a high quality build.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:15 pm

autopoiesis wrote:
Same as Hovercraft, I have the very first version of the Tetrapad and it's been working flawlessly since release. :tu:

chysn
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chysn » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:23 pm

autopoiesis wrote:
I've owned a total of three Tetrapads, starting from the second they were on available. Sadly, I'm down to one right now, but the build quality is great, and I've had no problems with the encoders.

This one I've got now, the pad was kind of bubbled up and not working properly. Upon investigation, it turned out that whoever assembled it forgot to remove the paper backing from the adhesive that fastens the pad in place (think 3M Command Strip). Once I finished that job, perfect!

It's built to be a musical instrument.
Current Rack: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/354385
Hemisphere Suite: https://github.com/Chysn/O_C-HemisphereSuite/wiki

"Man must shape his tools lest they shape him." --Arthur Miller

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:53 am

cool, thanks. I didn't have any real doubts, have just been burned by some other modules with encoders that get dodgy surprisingly quickly

Saladolar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Saladolar » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:14 pm

(Hey guys, I'm a little drunk, so it's the best time to write a post on MW, isn't it ?)

I'm a super-noob wiggler, my first 104 hp is still not full BUT I have tetrapad+tete and I'm blown away by these things. With this pair, I have the feeling I'm building a "real" instrument.

Oh I'm so happy to fall in this hole <3

michel07
Learning to Wiggle

Post by michel07 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi,
indeed this Tête is awesome!! :sb: :sb:
But there is something I don't understand:
The gate delivered by the Euclidean pattern generator in Combo mode doesn't work in the trig input.
Today, I selected the "run" option in the trig input, and the gate didn't launch the loop.
With the maths EOC it was fine...
Is it normal?
Thanks

michel07
Learning to Wiggle

Post by michel07 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:24 pm

Ok. my mistake, :foul: it works.
I have to launch the loop FIRST, THEN set up the trig cv input in "run" mode.

windchill
Common Wiggler

Post by windchill » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:56 am

Tetrapad with Tete looks like everything I need and I'm close to pulling the trigger and getting rid of my (great but huge) MN Rene. One question: the screen on Tete looks little larger than a fingernail - are the contents readable, especially if you no longer have youthful eyes?

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:04 am

windchill wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:56 am
Tetrapad with Tete looks like everything I need and I'm close to pulling the trigger and getting rid of my (great but huge) MN Rene. One question: the screen on Tete looks little larger than a fingernail - are the contents readable, especially if you no longer have youthful eyes?
It’s not as small as the pictures make it look, and it’s very clean and clear with good contrast. A few elements are pretty tiny, like the voltage and quantize indicators on each fader so I have to get all up in its face every once in a while but not often. Overall I never think about the size.

Parnelli
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Parnelli » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:40 pm

windchill wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:56 am
I'll be 63 this year, wear bifocals and I have no problem reading the Tete screen. I really love this thing!

A question, if I dig back through this thread (but I'm too lazy right now to do it honestly) I believe I remember something about Tete eventually running 2 Tetrapads; is this still par for the course? I have another Tetrapad but it's V1 software, this thing running two Tetrapads will be fantastic!

It was worth the wait for me definitely!

Thanks Intellijel! :yay:

(Is there a "brown nose" emoji?) :sstorm:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”