Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Intellijel Tetrapad

Post by Hovercraft » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:55 pm

Considering Tete comes with two expander cables and two connectors--I think it's still in the plans. The Tete functions are complex, so there's a lot of decisions to make (and programming) to incorporate a 2nd Tetrapad. I love the Tete, but don't like subdividing the controller pads too much, so I'll definitely be picking up another Tetrapad.

windchill
Common Wiggler

Post by windchill » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:13 pm

Thanks xcc and Parnelli that's good enough for me, I'm ordering a Tete in the morning.
I have one slight disappointment, from reading the manual - the notes mode doesn't seem to have the Rene-style x and y trig and cv inputs. Sure, it's available in voltage mode but then you lose all the note mode features.

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:08 am

Notes mode is not an x / y grid. You can quantize the outputs of voltages mode and use x and y modulation to get that kind of sequencing.
Intellijel R&D

Parnelli
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Parnelli » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:05 pm

Thanks for the tip! You folks really did a great job on this!

Now all I have to do is buy either a new computer to upgrade my old Tetrapad or just buy a new Tetrapad with the right software.

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:34 pm

You should be able to upgrade it on most Windows or macOS computers. If you're having trouble just email support@intellijel.com and someone will help walk you through it.
Intellijel R&D

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Has anyone had issues with record length when looping? Mine has stopped being predictable, sometimes looping for two steps, sometimes 17, etc. this is with loop length set to usually 64 or 128. This is being clocked by Pams.

windchill
Common Wiggler

Post by windchill » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:15 am

So my Rene has gone and I now have a Tetrapad and Tete.
What a fantastic pair they make!
More intuitive to use and easier to play than I expected, and so powerful.
Even the tiny screen is fine - much to my surprise.
Highly recommended.

It would be nice to have some very basic probability control in the sequencer, as I personally find a little automatic variation essential, but it's a VERY small point and it's early days with the firmware.

Parnelli
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Parnelli » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:37 am

kisielk wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:34 pm
You should be able to upgrade it on most Windows or macOS computers. If you're having trouble just email support@intellijel.com and someone will help walk you through it.
I've already contacted you folks and you were gracious enough to offer me to send it in so you could upgrade it. The problem is on my end as my computers run Win 98 and XP Pro. I want to buy a new computer, but I cannot now afford what I'd like to get, and I can't see throwing money at a cheap one just for this sort of thing, it's less expensive to buy a new module for now, and there's always a use for the older unit.

Thank You. :tu:

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:49 am

windchill wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:15 am
It would be nice to have some very basic probability control in the sequencer, as I personally find a little automatic variation essential, but it's a VERY small point and it's early days with the firmware.
If you mean some kind of stochastic change over step position, you could try sending an external random source (even simple noise would work) into a Tete CV input assigned to "Bank CV (CLK)". Turning up the attenuator will introduce more random variation over which voltage bank is selected at each new clock pulse (offset from whatever order you have sequenced the banks in already).

windchill
Common Wiggler

Post by windchill » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:26 pm

autopoiesis wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:49 am
windchill wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:15 am
If you mean some kind of stochastic change over step position, you could try sending an external random source (even simple noise would work) into a Tete CV input assigned to "Bank CV (CLK)". Turning up the attenuator will introduce more random variation over which voltage bank is selected at each new clock pulse (offset from whatever order you have sequenced the banks in already).
Thanks for that - I already experimented with that and it works. I was thinking more along the lines of the way Intellijel's Steppy handles step probability. Sure I can use another sequencer to fire gates (I have a varigate and plan to replace it with a Steppy at some point) but it would be nice to have it on board the tete for use in notes mode... though of course it might just add an unwelcome level of fiddly complexity.

peachesandbacon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by peachesandbacon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:59 am

Thinking of picking up a tetrapad and a tete.
Will this combo feasibly replace my voltage block?

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:19 am

peachesandbacon wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:59 am
It did for me, but it probably depends on what you need exactly. It does everything i used my VB for and a ton more, but it won’t do eight quantized sequences at once if that’s what you need.

peachesandbacon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by peachesandbacon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:22 am

xcc wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:19 am
peachesandbacon wrote:
It did for me, but it probably depends on what you need exactly. It does everything i used my VB for and a ton more, but it won’t do eight quantized sequences at once if that’s what you need.
I tend to use maybe 3 outputs for v/oct quantised cv and then the other outputs as just modulating cv inputs.

What’s the total outputs including tete?

Also there’s only 4 pads, but way more outputs, how do you control the other outputs?

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:27 pm

peachesandbacon wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:22 am
xcc wrote:
peachesandbacon wrote:
I tend to use maybe 3 outputs for v/oct quantised cv and then the other outputs as just modulating cv inputs.

Also there’s only 4 pads, but way more outputs, how do you control the other outputs?
You’d probably be fine then. I’m just scratching the surface after a few weeks. Each pad has two outputs, and the Tete has two assignable outputs. The manual can show you better than I can what’ll you can do with them. Like if you assign a pad as a fader, one output sends voltage as you move the fader that’s easily quantized or not and the other output sends voltage based on the pressure which is great as a modulator of whatever parameter. Or in Euclidean mode one output sends triggers and the other sends quantizable voltage that could be melody or whatever. Can easily turn latching on so that the fader or button stays where you leave it, which is really fun for controlling or sequencing VCAs.

peachesandbacon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by peachesandbacon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:51 pm

xcc wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:27 pm
peachesandbacon wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:22 am
xcc wrote:
peachesandbacon wrote:

You’d probably be fine then. I’m just scratching the surface after a few weeks. Each pad has two outputs, and the Tete has two assignable outputs. The manual can show you better than I can what’ll you can do with them. Like if you assign a pad as a fader, one output sends voltage as you move the fader that’s easily quantized or not and the other output sends voltage based on the pressure which is great as a modulator of whatever parameter. Or in Euclidean mode one output sends triggers and the other sends quantizable voltage that could be melody or whatever. Can easily turn latching on so that the fader or button stays where you leave it, which is really fun for controlling or sequencing VCAs.
Great! Thank you.

One question: Can I record any cv without Tete and just with Tetrapad? Or do I need Tete to do any recording?

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:23 pm

you need the expander to record anything.

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:19 pm

xcc wrote:
peachesandbacon wrote:
Sure it will! In voltages mode each pad stores a unique voltage on each of the 8 outputs. With Tete they can be quantized and the pad selections can be sequenced or looped.

xcc
Common Wiggler

Post by xcc » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:47 pm

scottmfr wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:19 pm
xcc wrote:
peachesandbacon wrote:
Sure it will! In voltages mode each pad stores a unique voltage on each of the 8 outputs. With Tete they can be quantized and the pad selections can be sequenced or looped.
Cool! Didn’t realize that. This thing gets pretty deep.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:32 am

Hi, is there any way with Tête to get an arpeggio between pads you have held down? if not, could we get at arpeggio mode by any chance?

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:56 pm

brandonlogic wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:32 am
Hi, is there any way with Tête to get an arpeggio between pads you have held down? if not, could we get at arpeggio mode by any chance?
Oooh.. I like the idea of an arpeggiator mode!

The closest way to get an arpeggio with multiple notes as I see it would be to make a sequence using those notes, then set one of the modulation inputs to Rotate and provide some modulation. You can set the Rotation modulation to sample and hold with every clock pulse, pad touch, or you can provide your own timing with a MOD Trig.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:38 pm

Thanks for the idea.

Ideally how this Mode would work:

Clock externally, hold down the pads you want to arpeggiate between, and it will arpeggiate between the pads you’re holding down while you hold them, and in the order they were pressed. Only outputting triggers and arpeggiating when you have your hands on the pad (hands off, it stops).

Then, if you press the infinite button while your other hand is creating the arpeggio, it would keep the arpeggio and triggers going even if you let your hands off the pads.

Now, if you start pressing pads again, you will start a new arpeggio. And you can now let your hands off to stop the arpeggio or press the infinite button again to freeze the new arpeggio.

This is similar to how arpeggio mode worked on the discontinued meng qi voltage memory, and it was an amazing and super useful mode.
Last edited by brandonlogic on Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SavageMessiah
Common Wiggler

Post by SavageMessiah » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:41 pm

Make it a 3rd sequencer type and put it in notes and voltages modes. 8 voltage arpeggios! What would you do with that? Who knows, but it's probably interesting!

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 pm

SavageMessiah wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:41 pm
Make it a 3rd sequencer type and put it in notes and voltages modes. 8 voltage arpeggios! What would you do with that? Who knows, but it's probably interesting!
Yes exactly. 8 voltages to arpeggiate with per step!

Let’s hope intellijel sees this and like the idea!

Possibilities are endless as to what you could do with that...

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:36 pm

One difficulty I realized after thinking about this a bit is that each of the four pads can only detect one point of contact at a time, so you wouldn't be able to hold two "keys" on the same pad.

However, in line with your Infinity button... Maybe pressing an encoder would activate a latch or hold mode so the arp would keep cycling once a key is pressed. Then pressing other keys on that pad would add them to the arpeggiator. If each pad had its own latch/hold mode then you could temporarily add notes to the arp by pressing a key and remove them once you release them if the second pad is unlatched.

Pressing the red button would go into an arp edit mode where turning the encoder could cycle through the arp modes like up, down. up-down, down-up, random, and cycle.

I'm imagining this would be an option you would activate in the Notes Mode settings menu, then you would be able to use it with the existing Looper and Sequencer.

slowwild
Common Wiggler

Post by slowwild » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:20 pm

A wild Tête v1.1 appeared!

Notes and Download links here: https://forum.intellijel.com/t/tete-v1- ... -mode/2370

Also, we see the notes above on the arpeggiator and we'll add the request (like we do for all ideas/requests we see) for review when we start working on the next update!
slow wild, electric ropes
a boy at intellijel
https://slowwild.party

Return to “Eurorack Modules”