Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Intellijel Tetrapad

Post by kisielk » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:00 pm

You need to upgrade the firmware for Tete and Tetrapad separately. The older Tetrapads used the mini-B, newer production runs have micro-B if I am not mistaken.
Intellijel R&D

nomass
Common Wiggler

Post by nomass » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:33 pm

Cool, it’s working now and, as a result, I can now say that I dig the scrolling, bridge-of-the-enterprise, scrolling starfield screensaver mode.

nomass
Common Wiggler

Post by nomass » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:53 pm

Uhhh.... I’m more scrolled than I’m stoned I am.

windchill
Wiggling with Experience

Post by windchill » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:39 am

Daisuk wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:44 pm
One thing I haven't figured out, and which isn't clear in the manual - when I have a sequence going, say it's 200 steps or whatever - and I want to clear that sequence - how do I do it? It says I can save/load/delete presets in the file menu, but if I don't have a preset saved, the only option I get is "save as". How do I just delete or clear the active sequence without having to clear it step by step?

Edit - checked the Tete walkthrough video, and holding record does the trick!
Thanks! That saved me from getting very frustrated. The manual is excellent but that's an unfortunate omission.

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Is there a way to clear the sequence from one fader but keep the others intact?

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:52 am

xcc wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:20 pm
That doesn't really make sense in the modes that use the sequencer, but while using the Looper in Combo mode you can turn the encoder to "Erase Pad" and hold down a pad to clear any presses.

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:14 pm

scottmfr wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:52 am
xcc wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:20 pm
That doesn't really make sense in the modes that use the sequencer, but while using the Looper in Combo mode you can turn the encoder to "Erase Pad" and hold down a pad to clear any presses.
That should work, thanks. I pretty much live in combo mode.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:14 pm

Euclidean mode- any way to get the cv to change only when it outputs a tigger, so that it generates stepped voltages instead of recording exact fader movements?
This would be more useful cv for me.
I know I can use a sample and hold but that requires four of them If I want to use all four channels and it’d be nice have this feature built in.

If the stepped voltages were also quantized this would an awesome way to make Euclidean rhythmic melodies.

autopoiesis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Yeah, search for "Quantizing Vertical Output Voltages" in the manual. "You can quantize the vertical position voltage to generate note values that conform to the scale chosen in the Mode Setup Menu. This lets you use Euclidean/Drum mode to create melodic sequences that evolve in real-time as you touch the pads at varying heights." It's really fun.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:00 pm

autopoiesis wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:57 pm
Yeah, search for "Quantizing Vertical Output Voltages" in the manual. "You can quantize the vertical position voltage to generate note values that conform to the scale chosen in the Mode Setup Menu. This lets you use Euclidean/Drum mode to create melodic sequences that evolve in real-time as you touch the pads at varying heights." It's really fun.
excellent thanks!!!

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:08 pm

autopoiesis wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:57 pm
That sounds really cool! Can’t wait to get one. Any chance you can demo this function?

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:23 pm

I can give it a shot!!

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:05 pm

brandonlogic wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:23 pm
I can give it a shot!!

Ha, yea that is really awesome! I can’t wait. Thanks!

rnordac
Common Wiggler

Post by rnordac » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi, in the Tetrapad manual I could not find the output voltage ranges for the bipolar fader mode or the preset cv output modes. I looked around through the threads but still don't have a clear idea of what the voltage ranges are for the different modes. Also I read that there was some kind of noise issue when using the faders to open vca's, is that still a thing? I'd mainly like to use this module for the fader and preset cv modes, in this case the max voltage output is a pretty critical detail to consider. Thank you for the info!

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:03 pm

+5 to -5 maximum. You can set the maximum range of the fader in increments of one volt if you need a little more precision. I'd never heard of the noise problem but I just tested it and you can definitely hear it if you open up a vca with a sine wave feeding it. I've used the fader to open VCAs before and never noticed it - I guess I was just using noisy enough waveforms that it didn't matter. It's probably a hardware thing - bitdepth of the DACs or noise from the touch plate itself. I imagine running it through a slew limiter would clean it up.

rnordac
Common Wiggler

Post by rnordac » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:33 pm

SavageMessiah wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:03 pm
+5 to -5 maximum. You can set the maximum range of the fader in increments of one volt if you need a little more precision. I'd never heard of the noise problem but I just tested it and you can definitely hear it if you open up a vca with a sine wave feeding it. I've used the fader to open VCAs before and never noticed it - I guess I was just using noisy enough waveforms that it didn't matter. It's probably a hardware thing - bitdepth of the DACs or noise from the touch plate itself. I imagine running it through a slew limiter would clean it up.
Awesome, thank you for the info!

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 pm

SavageMessiah wrote:
I imagine running it through a slew limiter would clean it up.
That's correct, if you engage more slew on the pad it reduces the noise. It's mainly caused by micro-variations in position detection, so changing your sensitivity and settings or using a more pointy thing than your finger can also help.

rnordac
Common Wiggler

Post by rnordac » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:37 pm

scottmfr wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 pm
SavageMessiah wrote:
I imagine running it through a slew limiter would clean it up.
That's correct, if you engage more slew on the pad it reduces the noise. It's mainly caused by micro-variations in position detection, so changing your sensitivity and settings or using a more pointy thing than your finger can also help.
Nice, if the interference is just coming from the vca's response to the modulation signal that should not be a problem for me. I was just hoping it wasn't introducing some other kind of noise into the audio path, half the time I would probably be using it to open up low pass gates which would smooth the response to fast micro changes

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:06 am

Hi!

I was thinking to buy a Tetrapad to use as an expressive controller for recording in my soon-to-arrive NerdSEQ and for doing some live tweaking as well. I don't think I'll need all the stuff that comes with Tete and I'd rather dedicate the space for something else but maybe I'm overlooking something fundamental.
Is Tete really needed for my use case or Tetrapad alone could be sufficient?

Underwood
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Underwood » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:51 am

hirnlego wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:06 am
Hi!

I was thinking to buy a Tetrapad to use as an expressive controller for recording in my soon-to-arrive NerdSEQ and for doing some live tweaking as well. I don't think I'll need all the stuff that comes with Tete and I'd rather dedicate the space for something else but maybe I'm overlooking something fundamental.
Tete dramatically expands the Tetrapad's feature set but if you don't need the recording and syncing stuff at all, the Tetrapad alone still makes for a great controller. I mean, if you realize you want/need the Tete you can still upgrade it later.

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:25 am

Underwood wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:51 am
Tete dramatically expands the Tetrapad's feature set but if you don't need the recording and syncing stuff at all, the Tetrapad alone still makes for a great controller. I mean, if you realize you want/need the Tete you can still upgrade it later.
Yes, I'd mainly use it as a controller. Indeed I could buy Tete later if needed...

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:07 am

hirnlego wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:06 am
I guess it would depend on whether you wanted to record and loop your movements on Tetrapad in sync with your sequencer. But as mentioned already, getting Tetrapad would give you nice expressive control and you could always add Tete down the road.

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:25 pm

scottmfr wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:07 am
I guess it would depend on whether you wanted to record and loop your movements on Tetrapad in sync with your sequencer.
No, at the moment it will be sufficient to record the movements on the sequencer.

windchill
Wiggling with Experience

Post by windchill » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:46 pm

I just used an external input to shift the pitch for the first time.
Am I mistaken or is the pitch shift being done after quantising to the chosen scale, instead of before?
I got that impression (it certainly sounded pretty horrid), which rendered it seriously problematic for my intended purpose.

youkon
frequency research department

Post by youkon » Mon May 04, 2020 9:03 am

Tetrapad in Voltages Mode: can I actually copy a preset from one pad into another?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”