Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Re: Intellijel Tetrapad

Post by scottmfr » Tue May 05, 2020 10:48 am

youkon wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:03 am
Tetrapad in Voltages Mode: can I actually copy a preset from one pad into another?
This is only possible with Tete, not with Tetrapad on its own. Check page 102 of the Tete manual: https://intellijel.com/downloads/manual ... .03.24.pdf

Dark Barn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dark Barn » Tue May 05, 2020 11:32 pm

With Tete is it possible to quantize pad touches to the next clock in voltages or notes modes? Not looped or recorded, but like a live time-quantized mode?
I’ve been searchin’ for the dolphins in the sea

The Weak in Review - podcast in ((poetic_stere0)) Spotify YouTube

Octognoma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Octognoma » Wed May 06, 2020 6:07 am

Dark Barn wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:32 pm
With Tete is it possible to quantize pad touches to the next clock in voltages or notes modes? Not looped or recorded, but like a live time-quantized mode?
wondering if this is possible as well!

youkon
frequency research department

Post by youkon » Thu May 07, 2020 4:38 am

scottmfr wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:48 am

This is only possible with Tete, not with Tetrapad on its own. Check page 102 of the Tete manual: https://intellijel.com/downloads/manual ... .03.24.pdf
Thanks a lot for your help! I could find clear, edit, randomise, but not copy

MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MossGarden » Wed May 13, 2020 9:34 am

Just got Tetrapad and Tête yesterday, have to say, they are just incredibly good fun to mess around with, here's a 1st patch.

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Wed May 13, 2020 1:09 pm

MossGarden wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:34 am
Just got Tetrapad and Tête yesterday, have to say, they are just incredibly good fun to mess around with, here's a 1st patch.

Fantastic.

MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MossGarden » Wed May 13, 2020 5:51 pm

xcc wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:09 pm
MossGarden wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:34 am

Fantastic.
Thanks so much :sb:

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Is there any chance of an unquantized keyboard mode for Tetrapad without Tete?

Or to put it another way, a Voltages mode with 4 voltages per pad instead of 8, but with position/pressure/gate/trigger? :D I can't really see needing 8 different voltages very often, but this would be just about the perfect mode for me for most uses.

I'm not interested in the recording or sequencing features of Tete, so I can't see myself buying it just to enable this.

(Where I'm coming from: I like my 0-Ctrl as a touch controller, but I feel like the sequencer leads my music-making process astray. So I'm pondering some other touch controller possibilities without sequencing -- maybe setting up a controller skiff with various fun toys in it. Pressure Points, sadly, does not like my dry skin at all where the 0-Ctrl, LS-1 Lightstrip etc. are fine.)

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:34 am

starthief wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:09 pm
Is there any chance of an unquantized keyboard mode for Tetrapad without Tete?

Or to put it another way, a Voltages mode with 4 voltages per pad instead of 8, but with position/pressure/gate/trigger? :D I can't really see needing 8 different voltages very often, but this would be just about the perfect mode for me for most uses.

I'm not interested in the recording or sequencing features of Tete, so I can't see myself buying it just to enable this.

(Where I'm coming from: I like my 0-Ctrl as a touch controller, but I feel like the sequencer leads my music-making process astray. So I'm pondering some other touch controller possibilities without sequencing -- maybe setting up a controller skiff with various fun toys in it. Pressure Points, sadly, does not like my dry skin at all where the 0-Ctrl, LS-1 Lightstrip etc. are fine.)
I would use this too. +1

Xtheunknown
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Xtheunknown » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Daisuk wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:46 am
tiny333 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:29 pm
Can I use this in any way like a RENE ?

I mean set up 16 chords and have it play to the click random or various snake patterns ? Being able to assign rests to notes ?

If not can I request that for a future idea ?
It’s only my 1st few hours with it and it’s wonderful
Thank you for the immense amount of thought that obviously went into this

Um in combo mode could I have the 1st 2 pads be like note mode ?

... back to learning

;)
You can with Tete. Use it like Rene, that is. :)
For anyone who also has or had Rene in the past....can Tete + Tetrapad:

Enable and disable gates at the step level?
Do Cartesian sequencing?
Have separate clocks for different channels?
Have gate controlled start/stop?
Any notion of states, or the ability to chain sequences?

Overall, how would you compare the two from purely an interactive sequencer basis?

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:50 pm

Here is a new mode wish for Tetrapad, called: automation :)
I used this a lot in max/msp for automate volume/filters etc.
Basically in Fader mode, the encoder acts as an “riser” or “lower” of the fader state.
The encoder behavior should be exponential and not linear. This means rotating a few “clicks” CW the fader position will very slowly starts to rise and continue rising. Rotating more CW the fader will rise faster till reach max level.
Push the encoder to zero the automation (no automation).
Then CCW will lower the fader. The fader can be by any point normally moved but the automation continues (if not zero by pushing the encoder)
Think using this for example with 4 VCA in a mixing setup where you can automate the fade in/out threshold to audible level. Ideal in slow settings would be 0.1V in 1-5min or slower (that's why exponential) and in the fastest half second for 5-10V.

to be clear, the encoder will not rise the fader up or down. The encoder adds for example every 10ms 0.001V to the fader position. Rotate the encoder more CW and it will add 0.005V every 10ms. Moving the encoder "fully" CW it will add 0.1V every 10ms to the fader position.
CCW will subtract from the fader position.

I always thought to release this as a module in eurorack but tetrapad is just perfect to implement this…..

here the max patch:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-13 um 22.19.05.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-13 um 22.19.05.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 623 times

MvK
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MvK » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:05 pm

I'm having the tete+tetrapad and the scales next to each other and I can't help thinking how nice it would be to be able to edit the scales of the tete with the scales.

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Sadly we did not put an I2C connector on the scales, I wish we had, could have done some fun things
Intellijel R&D

MvK
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MvK » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:43 pm

:-) hey, thanks for the reply! It's a great combo none the less!

wolaud
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wolaud » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Just picked up a Tetrapad and Tete combo. Really loving it so far.

This might be a stupid question but I'm wondering: Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the encoders, particularly when using quantization? I've noticed the encoders will change values very precisely, one click at a time, but when switched over to quantization mode it takes many clicks on the encoder, or sometimes a whole spin/turn, to switch to the next quantized value.

Maybe I'm missing a setting, but it would be great if it worked the same way in quantize mode — one click of the encoder takes you to the next quantized value.

windchill
Wiggling with Experience

Post by windchill » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:25 pm

Xtheunknown wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 pm

For anyone who also has or had Rene in the past....can Tete + Tetrapad:

Enable and disable gates at the step level?
Do Cartesian sequencing?
Have separate clocks for different channels?
Have gate controlled start/stop?
Any notion of states, or the ability to chain sequences?

Overall, how would you compare the two from purely an interactive sequencer basis?
You can do some Rene-style cartesian sequencing in voltage mode - but the big problem with that at the moment is there is no way to reset to pad one when using the Bank Fwd, Bank X, and Bank Y trigger inputs. This makes Rene-style behaviour very difficult to implement.
This has been acknowledged by Intellijel and apparently put on the to-do list for the future, but I have no idea what the time-frame might be.

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:15 am

I was planning to buy a Four Bricks Rook mainly for the live drumming feature but than realized that maybe Tetrapad + Tete could easily do the same plus much more (I don't have neither). Am I right?

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:34 pm

wolaud wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:06 pm

This might be a stupid question but I'm wondering: Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the encoders, particularly when using quantization? I've noticed the encoders will change values very precisely, one click at a time, but when switched over to quantization mode it takes many clicks on the encoder, or sometimes a whole spin/turn, to switch to the next quantized value.

Maybe I'm missing a setting, but it would be great if it worked the same way in quantize mode — one click of the encoder takes you to the next quantized value.
There was a new inertia setting or something added to the encoders in a recent firmware update to replace the "push turn vs regular turn" options for dialing in settings in voltage mode. The idea was that if you want to do larger changes you'll turn fast, if you want to do small changes you'll turn slow. This might be what you're experiencing?

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:37 pm

hirnlego wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:15 am
I was planning to buy a Four Bricks Rook mainly for the live drumming feature but than realized that maybe Tetrapad + Tete could easily do the same plus much more (I don't have neither). Am I right?
If you set a euclidean drum pad to the lowest setting it will only trigger when touched. You would be able to loop your pad drumming.

Or you could also set up something similar in Looping voltages mode and output not just gates but 8 stored voltages with every pad press, and slew between them.

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Nice, thanks!

autopoiesis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:42 am

I am very curious if anyone with a Tete could confirm that the Pressure output that you can assign to the Tete's A or B output in Combo Mode works as expected when it is coming from pad assigned to perform as Voltage Banks.

in the case of mine, the pressure output appears to be sampled (from whatever pressure level I initially used to select the voltage bank) and held until the next voltage bank selection. it is not a continuously variable pressure-tracking output that falls to 0V when touch is no longer applied, which is what I observe for the A/B-assignable pressure output from every single other pad type you can choose in Combo Mode.

I emailed IJ about this and was told to update my firmware, but it was already on the latest versions (Tête v1.1.0.1 and Tetrapad v3.0.0.1), and re-installing the same firmware versions unsurprisingly changed none of the results.

wolaud
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wolaud » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:10 am

scottmfr wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:34 pm
wolaud wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:06 pm

There was a new inertia setting or something added to the encoders in a recent firmware update to replace the "push turn vs regular turn" options for dialing in settings in voltage mode. The idea was that if you want to do larger changes you'll turn fast, if you want to do small changes you'll turn slow. This might be what you're experiencing?
Not exactly — it's only when I'm changing QUANTIZED values that the encoder behavior seems a little weird.

For example, in a normal mode, turning the encoder one click at a time takes you from a voltage of, say 0.00 to 0.01.

When doing the same thing in Quantization mode, you have to turn the encoder multiple clicks to get to the next available voltage in the scale you are quantizing to.

To me it would make more sense if in a Quantized mode, when you turn the encoder each click takes you to the next available quantized value.

Unless there is a setting I'm missing that would make it behave this way?

slowwild
Common Wiggler

Post by slowwild » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:13 pm

autopoiesis wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:42 am
I am very curious if anyone with a Tete could confirm that the Pressure output that you can assign to the Tete's A or B output in Combo Mode works as expected when it is coming from pad assigned to perform as Voltage Banks.

in the case of mine, the pressure output appears to be sampled (from whatever pressure level I initially used to select the voltage bank) and held until the next voltage bank selection. it is not a continuously variable pressure-tracking output that falls to 0V when touch is no longer applied, which is what I observe for the A/B-assignable pressure output from every single other pad type you can choose in Combo Mode.

I emailed IJ about this and was told to update my firmware, but it was already on the latest versions (Tête v1.1.0.1 and Tetrapad v3.0.0.1), and re-installing the same firmware versions unsurprisingly changed none of the results.
It's on the list of the fixes for the next update, no eta yet. Wrapping up another project ;).
slow wild, electric ropes
a boy at intellijel
https://slowwild.party

autopoiesis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:13 pm

cool, thank you!

similar topic : I think it would be handy if the assignable A/B pressure output in Voltage Banks mode (the original sequencable one, not the mini one in Combo Mode) could still track pressure when you're in the bank edit menu. this would make it possible to still "play" the pressure output without disrupting the step index of the playing sequence.

peachesandbacon
Common Wiggler

Post by peachesandbacon » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:55 am

Ive got a Tete arriving tomorrow to pair with my Tetrapad. And the main reason I bought it was to replace my voltage block and get some sweet cv sequencing done.

What mode do I need to be in to do the voltage block thing?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”