Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

XiXora
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Intellijel Tetrapad

Post by XiXora » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:04 am

Nope. I think it was discussed briefly on a stream.

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:10 am

TechForze wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:40 am
Has anybody connected 2 Tetrepads on the Tete, it should be possible (since there are 2 connectors).
I cannot find any information about this, even no mention about it in the manual.
Did I miss something, is it possible?
It’s not possible yet. But don’t let that discourage you. I use 2 TPs (one connected to a Tete and one independent) and they work really well together. In fact, I like having one separate as I can use it to control the Tete via the CV inputs. Extremely powerful.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
FS/T: CV.OCD / Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels

peachesandbacon
Common Wiggler

Post by peachesandbacon » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:29 pm

There's no arp mode in the Tete / Tetrapad is there?
I was just watching a video with someone using the TSNM in arp mode, and wondering if I can replicate with my Tete / Tetrapad

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:19 pm

peachesandbacon wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:29 pm
I was just watching a video with someone using the TSNM in arp mode, and wondering if I can replicate with my Tete / Tetrapad
Modulating the rotation in notes mode can produce some arpy results.

Voggg
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voggg » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Would love to hear more examples of the Tete as a sequencer and/or for chords. I'm trying to decide if it's really necessary, given that I already have several sequencers (and things that can be used as touch interfaces).

studioutopia
Common Wiggler

Post by studioutopia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 pm

100000bps wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:55 pm
I don't know if this request has been made - could we have Tete have Touch A & Touch B in voltages mode ? Effectively splitting tetra in 2 parts ?
Touch A would gate 1-4, Touch B would gate 5-8.
I second this request!!! This would be amazing.

an alternative or additional great feature for voltages mode...
I wish that the step sequencer in voltages mode had Gate Length (like Notes mode) and a way to set a channel to a special gate mode, so it would be 0V unless it had a touch or a sequencer step, in which it would send the voltage for 25%, 50%, 75% or for the full length of the step (ie. a tie).
That way you could create - as an example - 4 different pitch CVs, each with their own gate to trigger an envelope. 4-part step sequences!!

intellijel
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by intellijel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:15 pm

peachesandbacon wrote:

There are a few other ways to get arp like functionality:

1. In Combo Mode, LFOs can be quantized so that the pitch produced cycles within a scale
2. In Combo mode, use a euclidian strip in quantize mode and then record the automation of sliding up and down with the pitch (to create a custom arp pattern
3. In Voltages mode, use each row or column as a set of pitches and then make the adjacent ones octaves higher. Then you can have a step sequence loop through just the row/column and use modulation to traverse to different rows/columns.
4. In notes mode, rotate the encoder for octave/interval/rotation . You can record this as automation in loop mode which gives these incredible organic patterns that can be jammed out.
5. In notes mode you can also have simple sequences modulated with offsets to create changing arp patterns.
There are probably some other ways in combo mode to do this... good idea for a new video perhaps?

ziggomatic
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ziggomatic » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:38 pm

intellijel wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:15 pm
peachesandbacon wrote:

1. In Combo Mode, LFOs can be quantized so that the pitch produced cycles within a scale
2. In Combo mode, use a euclidian strip in quantize mode and then record the automation of sliding up and down with the pitch (to create a custom arp pattern
3. In Voltages mode, use each row or column as a set of pitches and then make the adjacent ones octaves higher. Then you can have a step sequence loop through just the row/column and use modulation to traverse to different rows/columns.
4. In notes mode, rotate the encoder for octave/interval/rotation . You can record this as automation in loop mode which gives these incredible organic patterns that can be jammed out.
5. In notes mode you can also have simple sequences modulated with offsets to create changing arp patterns.
There are probably some other ways in combo mode to do this... good idea for a new video perhaps?
And this is exactly why Tetrapad/Tete combo is the greatest and most musical eurorack touch controller/recorder/command center of all time. Brilliant.

studioutopia
Common Wiggler

Post by studioutopia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:02 pm

intellijel wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:15 pm
peachesandbacon wrote:
To illustrate #2 - here is a little jam I laid down a few minutes ago.
A little jam demonstrating Intellijel Tetê and Tetrapad using the Euclidean generator in Combo Mode to generate arpeggios.

Full description of the patch:
The voice is Piston Honda MkIII with LFOs from Tetê modulating the wavetables, output into Korgasmatron II. Another LFO from Tetê is modulating the cutoff of the filter, while Quadrax is generating envelopes for the filter cutoff, and the VCA.
The sequence only needs one of the four Combo mode channels on Tetê, set to Euclidean mode. I've set the scale to Mixolydian, and then set the position output of the euclidean channel to Quantized, so whatever it puts out is in key/scale, and adjusted the voltage range to suit the width of the pitch range I wanted (0-5V unipolar for PistonHonda). I recorded a loop 32 clock pulses long with random positions on the pad, so it makes a varying pitch sequence.
As the sequence plays back, altering the number of notes in the euclidean pattern with the Tetrapad channel knob alters the complexity/density of the arpeggio - allowing me to alter the dynamic level of the sequence live.
This works well with punching up my 606 and 909 sequences on Push 2 and Ableton Live.
Also note that I am manually changing the speed of the filter cutoff LFO on tetrapad to add more interesting shifts in the sound.
Toward the end, I'm also adding additional taps on the euclidean pad to accent the sequence with higher pitched notes.
It's so much fun I could do this for hours!
Tetê+Tetrapad is the ultimate performance tool in my opinion.

emeidos
Learning to Wiggle

Post by emeidos » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:35 am

I received my Tête last week after owning Tetrapad for a while, and having recently gotten Planar2. Wow - what a combo.

In Tête, I wondered if there was a way to 'scrub' through the data stored in a loop within the looper with CV, or change the speed of the recorded loop as it plays back? I'm thinking of how much I love the 'Scan' mode via the CV input on Planar 2 - this makes a CV recorder so powerful IMO. I guess this can be done in a roundabout way by engaging Loopy and then CV-ing its start position, but it doesn't seem like the same thing exactly. Am super keen on making my recorded gestures elastic WRT time :-) Any ideas - or am I looking at a feature request here? :P

(Apologies if this question has been asked somewhere else - though I couldn't see if it has on this thread)

autopoiesis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:39 am

emeidos wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:35 am
I received my Tête last week after owning Tetrapad for a while, and having recently gotten Planar2. Wow - what a combo.

I wondered if there was a way to 'scrub' through the data stored in a loop within the looper with CV, or change the speed of the recorded loop as it plays back? I'm thinking of how much I love the 'Scan' mode via the CV input on Planar 2 - this makes a CV recorder so powerful IMO. I guess this can be done in a roundabout way by engaging Loopy and then CV-ing its start position, but it doesn't seem like the same thing exactly. Am super keen on making my recorded gestures elastic WRT time :-) Any ideas - or am I looking at a feature request here? :P

(Apologies if this question has been asked somewhere else - though I couldn't see if it has on this thread)
currently, modulating the start position of Loopy is how you would approximate what you want to do.

so yes, you're looking at a feature request :) I suggested it last week here : https://forum.intellijel.com/t/a-few-te ... tions/2869

emeidos
Learning to Wiggle

Post by emeidos » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:51 am

autopoiesis wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:39 am
emeidos wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:35 am

I wondered if there was a way to 'scrub' through the data stored in a loop within the looper with CV, or change the speed of the recorded loop as it plays back? I'm thinking of how much I love the 'Scan' mode via the CV input on Planar 2 - this makes a CV recorder so powerful IMO. I guess this can be done in a roundabout way by engaging Loopy and then CV-ing its start position, but it doesn't seem like the same thing exactly. Am super keen on making my recorded gestures elastic WRT time :-) Any ideas - or am I looking at a feature request here? :P

currently, modulating the start position of Loopy is how you would approximate what you want to do.

so yes, you're looking at a feature request :) I suggested it last week here : https://forum.intellijel.com/t/a-few-te ... tions/2869
Brilliant, thanks. Didn't think I would be the only one :-)

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:54 pm

I've only just today received my tetrapad and tete but I am having great trouble in getting the looper to record any more than one bar of gestures. It seems to sync very well to a 1/16th clock (I notice you have to use a 16th clock if you want to be able to use appropriate Euclidean rhythms - it doesn't seem to mention this anywhere). I have also patched in a reset signal which hits the reset input once every 64 clock pules (or every 16 crotchet beats, or every 4 bars, however you like to think about it). I then set the loop length to 64 (meaning 64 clock pulses I assume, so 4 bars) - but the looper only captures one bar of gesture (my final bar) and loops this. I have checked that loopy isn't engaged too. I also find it a bit odd that the loop length only goes up to 128 - this would be a maximum of 8 bars of recording, but the manual boasts of being able to record for much longer in principle. You could record with loop length set to '-' but this would be quite difficult to line up timing-wise with a 1/16th clock! I was hoping I could leave loop length to '-' and determine my loop length with reset input, but again this results in just one bar being captured and looped. Any help would be greatly appreciated - its entirely possible I'm overlooking something simple, I only started using them today.

Edit: this is really quite odd - I've come back to it after making a brew and without me having changed anything its now still only recording one bar of gesture, but playing it back once every four bars, interspersed with 3 bars of no movement. I've tried erasing it and trying to re-record 4 bars of gesture but it does the same thing again - plays back one bar of gestures and 3 bars of no movement (all very nicely synced to the clock!) - again, any help would be greatly appreciated as always :hail:

Edit 2: It may well be to do with my reset input. Although the source of my reset signal (an ESX-8GT) is only flashing its LED once every 4 bars, the Tete reset input LED is flashing every bar......Super weird :zombie:
Formerly 'Raven_Martin' on Muffwiggler
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

https://carrouselmusic.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/carrousel_uk

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:10 pm

Carrousel wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:54 pm
I've only just today received my tetrapad and tete but I am having great trouble in getting the looper to record any more than one bar of gestures. It seems to sync very well to a 1/16th clock (I notice you have to use a 16th clock if you want to be able to use appropriate Euclidean rhythms - it doesn't seem to mention this anywhere). I have also patched in a reset signal which hits the reset input once every 64 clock pules (or every 16 crotchet beats, or every 4 bars, however you like to think about it). I then set the loop length to 64 (meaning 64 clock pulses I assume, so 4 bars) - but the looper only captures one bar of gesture (my final bar) and loops this. I have checked that loopy isn't engaged too. I also find it a bit odd that the loop length only goes up to 128 - this would be a maximum of 8 bars of recording, but the manual boasts of being able to record for much longer in principle. You could record with loop length set to '-' but this would be quite difficult to line up timing-wise with a 1/16th clock! I was hoping I could leave loop length to '-' and determine my loop length with reset input, but again this results in just one bar being captured and looped. Any help would be greatly appreciated - its entirely possible I'm overlooking something simple, I only started using them today.

Edit: this is really quite odd - I've come back to it after making a brew and without me having changed anything its now still only recording one bar of gesture, but playing it back once every four bars, interspersed with 3 bars of no movement. I've tried erasing it and trying to re-record 4 bars of gesture but it does the same thing again - plays back one bar of gestures and 3 bars of no movement (all very nicely synced to the clock!) - again, any help would be greatly appreciated as always :hail:

Edit 2: It may well be to do with my reset input. Although the source of my reset signal (an ESX-8GT) is only flashing its LED once every 4 bars, the Tete reset input LED is flashing every bar......Super weird :zombie:
Edit 3: Gets better.....the Tete reset LED is flashing once per bar at the start of every bar even when there's no reset signal present....what setting is causing that?? Loop length is set to 64......64/16=4, so should flash once every 4 bars surely?
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:10 pm

Carrousel wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:10 pm
Carrousel wrote:

Edit 3: Gets better.....the Tete reset LED is flashing once per bar at the start of every bar even when there's no reset signal present....what setting is causing that?? Loop length is set to 64......64/16=4, so should flash once every 4 bars surely?
Edit 4: aaaaand I am 110% confused. I've realised what I thought was the rest LED is the output B LED, but since it is set to 'end of loop' it should still flash once every 4 bars but is instead flashing every bar. I really can't understand how to get this thing to loop more than one bar. Ive read what i presume to be the relevant bits of the manual and tried changing a few different things (getting rid of my reset input, using the trig input to start and stop the recording), nothing makes it do anything other than loop one bar. The other strange thing is that it says recording should stop on its own if you specify a record length but my unit doesn't stop, record just stays lit and it seems to capture new movements, always looping the last bar....

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:10 pm

Carrousel wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:10 pm
Carrousel wrote:

Edit 4: aaaaand I am 110% confused. I've realised what I thought was the reset LED is the output B LED, but since it is set to 'end of loop' it should still flash once every 4 bars but is instead flashing every bar. I really can't understand how to get this thing to loop more than one bar. Ive read what i presume to be the relevant bits of the manual and tried changing a few different things (getting rid of my reset input, using the trig input to start and stop the recording), nothing makes it do anything other than loop one bar. The other strange thing is that it says recording should stop on its own if you specify a record length but my unit doesn't stop, record just stays lit and it seems to capture new movements, always looping the last bar....

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:29 pm

Aaaaand a simple reboot of the Tete (achieved via the system menu) has solved the issue. I apologise unreservedly for my undignified and wordy requests for help without having tried so much as a reboot on a highly complex digital module :cloud:

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:41 pm

How does the module decide how long the play bar at the bottom takes to move along its full duration? Changing the loop length of the looper doesn't seem to change this at all. SO having performed the system reboot I now seem to be stuck recording 4 bar loops - I can't seem to alter it. My tete module seems to get stuck recording loops of whatever length the first loop is after a full reboot - is this normal behaviour or is there something I'm missing?

TheRosskonian
Veteran Wiggler

Post by TheRosskonian » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:27 am

Carrousel wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:41 pm
How does the module decide how long the play bar at the bottom takes to move along its full duration? Changing the loop length of the looper doesn't seem to change this at all. SO having performed the system reboot I now seem to be stuck recording 4 bar loops - I can't seem to alter it. My tete module seems to get stuck recording loops of whatever length the first loop is after a full reboot - is this normal behaviour or is there something I'm missing?
You may want to try the "Reset CV..." option under the cv menu and the "Reset Mode..." option under the mode setup to clear everything out. Also check to see if you are running the current firmware, it's possible you ran into a bug that has already been fixed. I haven't clocked Tete externally yet, but I would check the looper sync settings in the mode setup as well as the sync settings in the cv menu and also try clocking it internally if you have not already. Tete is pretty deep, I am still wrapping my head around it myself, but my guess is you have something syncing or resetting to an option causing this issue.

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:14 am

Many thanks for your help. I will have to try some of that when I get home from work. I’ve been thinking about it a bit today - it’s almost as if the software is lacking the ability to delete the existing content in the looper. I know you can touch the pad in record bypass mode to delete the recorded gestures but this really just records stasis into the existing buffer - I want to be able to quickly and easily erase the buffer and start again with potentially a different buffer length. I thought changing the loop length in the settings would have this effect but it doesn’t seem to. I will have to check the things you mentioned later on - it’s possible there is some cv assigned which is confusing me I guess. Will double-check firmware too. Thanks for your help

ima_jrk
Common Wiggler

Post by ima_jrk » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:59 am

evileye0702 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:43 pm
Zero bubbles on mine but it is from the first batch. I think I'd insist on getting this fixed as the whole point is to have a uniform surface.
Just wanted to follow up that DM replaced my module and agreed that the one I had was especially bad. The replacement is nearly all flat (you can tell that there is an ever so slight bump, but it is uniform and barely noticeable).

FatKingTubby
Common Wiggler

Post by FatKingTubby » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:20 pm

ima_jrk wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:59 am
Just wanted to follow up that DM replaced my module and agreed that the one I had was especially bad. The replacement is nearly all flat (you can tell that there is an ever so slight bump, but it is uniform and barely noticeable).
The one I got from DM is also slightly raised at the bottom of the 3rd and 4th pads. I don't think it's impacted the response of the pads at all, so I'm not sure if I should bother exchanging it or not. Was there a noticeable impairment in functionality with yours or was it mainly a cosmetic thing?

TheRosskonian
Veteran Wiggler

Post by TheRosskonian » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:21 pm

Carrousel wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:14 am
Many thanks for your help. I will have to try some of that when I get home from work. I’ve been thinking about it a bit today - it’s almost as if the software is lacking the ability to delete the existing content in the looper. I know you can touch the pad in record bypass mode to delete the recorded gestures but this really just records stasis into the existing buffer - I want to be able to quickly and easily erase the buffer and start again with potentially a different buffer length. I thought changing the loop length in the settings would have this effect but it doesn’t seem to. I will have to check the things you mentioned later on - it’s possible there is some cv assigned which is confusing me I guess. Will double-check firmware too. Thanks for your help
Longpressing, or holding down the record button, should clear out the looper.

ima_jrk
Common Wiggler

Post by ima_jrk » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:26 pm

FatKingTubby wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:20 pm

The one I got from DM is also slightly raised at the bottom of the 3rd and 4th pads. I don't think it's impacted the response of the pads at all, so I'm not sure if I should bother exchanging it or not. Was there a noticeable impairment in functionality with yours or was it mainly a cosmetic thing?
No functional problem but the feel messed with me. You can’t really see from the picture I posted but my bump in the first one went up a bit on the pad and it had a very uneven shape. It was enough to throw my touch off. The replacement still has a small ridge at the bottom but it is much less noticeable. Danjel confirmed that the samples they had in the office had a slight ridge Where the ribbon cables comes from the touchpad. I am more than happy with my replacement. DM agreed that my first one was a particularly bad case of the bump.

If you are good I would say let it lie.

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:56 am

TheRosskonian wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:21 pm
Carrousel wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:14 am
Longpressing, or holding down the record button, should clear out the looper.

Nice, will try this tonight. Does that clear the previously set loop length too? So that the next loop which is recorded then takes its length from the ‘loop length’ setting in the menu? (Or defined by however long you record for if ‘-‘ is selected). This is the only problem I’m still having - as well as there not being any clock divider / multiplier settings in the menu (it says that setting should be there in the manual, odd!).

Return to “Eurorack Modules”