Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

JoeFuture
Wiggling with Experience

Post by JoeFuture » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Late to the party as usual, but my eyes finally just saw the W and M in the Winter Modular sawtooth wave logo. Super clever! (though easy to miss)

http://winter-modular.com/wp-content/up ... r-logo.png

peabreu
Common Wiggler

Mute Function

Post by peabreu » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:33 am

Like others say, being able to save the mute state in the patterns would be great. Also, having an option to reverse the mute function behaviour would be extremely welcome. This is the oddest mute function I ever saw. :doh: ..i. in all other sequencers I ever seen, the active tracks have the lights ON and the muted ones the lights off...where on earth did WM came with this inverted thing... Just a small option would save this for me. As it is now is highly confusing if you want to jam with the mutes.

AntonWoldhek
Common Wiggler

Post by AntonWoldhek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:51 am

fjoesz wrote:ANY news on the EME? really looking forward to that
Elos mentioned on FB that the software is taking longer then anticipated. Getting closer.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Mute Function

Post by Daisuk » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:54 am

peabreu wrote:Like others say, being able to save the mute state in the patterns would be great. Also, having an option to reverse the mute function behaviour would be extremely welcome. This is the oddest mute function I ever saw. :doh: ..i. in all other sequencers I ever seen, the active tracks have the lights ON and the muted ones the lights off...where on earth did WM came with this inverted thing... Just a small option would save this for me. As it is now is highly confusing if you want to jam with the mutes.
This cannot be overstated! Patterns saving with mute states is my number one wish for this thing. :)
AntonWoldhek wrote:
fjoesz wrote:ANY news on the EME? really looking forward to that
Elos mentioned on FB that the software is taking longer then anticipated. Getting closer.
Has there been any info on what the new firmware will include of new features? I haven't really paid attention for the past half year or so.

teethgrinder
Common Wiggler

Post by teethgrinder » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:20 am

Hi,

any news yet on when midi expander will be out?
i definitely need one :goo: :tu:

dhoinjo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dhoinjo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:31 am

guess the beta testing brought some unexpected trouble. It was supposed to be released a while ago. Or maybe some other issue.

vibralux
Veteran Wiggler

Post by vibralux » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Does any of You people, have an issue with sequencer buttons? I noticed
that mine are often not responsive, meaning that sometimes I have to push
them twice in order to change the state from active to inactive. Or I have to
push harder, than normally - does any of You have that issue?
MY YT CHANNEL WITH MODULES REVIEWS:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3IgU2 ... hKH8ou7YTQ

MODULARS, ABLETON, MIXING. Stop reading manuals. Start making music.
http://www.colormysound.com/

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:14 pm

vibralux wrote:Does any of You people, have an issue with sequencer buttons? I noticed
that mine are often not responsive, meaning that sometimes I have to push
them twice in order to change the state from active to inactive. Or I have to
push harder, than normally - does any of You have that issue?
I bought one of the very first units from the frist batch, and had this problem. I sold the module, and then re-bought it (one from a newer batch), and don't have that problem anymore. Or should I say, I experience it once in a while still, but it's a distinct difference.

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:15 pm

I forget the name of the mode...free play (maybe?) is really difficult playing stuff in accurately and a bit of a pain. There is definitely something off when tapping stuff in at times. You have to be so precise.
Last edited by Multi Grooves on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

Buyakasoundman
Common Wiggler

Post by Buyakasoundman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Yeah, the Elo isn’t the best at tapping in beats, but I’m hoping midi implementation might allow me to enter beats/note data with an Akai drum pad.
On another note, can anyone point me in the direction of the Elo trigger delay work around. I’ve searched all the usual suspects and only see a few mentions of Winter Modular working on a fix. Did anything become of it? :despair:

submute
Common Wiggler

Post by submute » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Without paging through 47 pages, I wanted to check wether it's been brought up that the OLED does not update when either clearing patterns, or pasting them. Only when you play through a step does the display update. I spent 30 mins wondering why my copy/paste wasn't taking. Is this planned to be fixed?

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:44 pm

woooooot! have been using a FLXS as my main euro sequencer for a year or two now, and it is BOSS, but it feels like a Eloquencer would be a good replacement for how i use the FLXS and Varigate 8 too.

have one on the way, and am EXCITED.

curious about the MIDI module too, time to dive some pages.

...... the slow updates on the FLUXy vs the support for the Eloquai was another huge factor in the decision.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

deadAMps
Learning to Wiggle

Post by deadAMps » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:19 am

I've had the Elo for a few days now and it's rad! Quite a bit different than my last sequencer and took a bit to get used to but totally worth it.

Tonescape
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Tonescape » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:23 am

behndy wrote:woooooot! have been using a FLXS as my main euro sequencer for a year or two now, and it is BOSS, but it feels like a Eloquencer would be a good replacement for how i use the FLXS and Varigate 8 too.

have one on the way, and am EXCITED.

curious about the MIDI module too, time to dive some pages.

...... the slow updates on the FLUXy vs the support for the Eloquai was another huge factor in the decision.
Please let us know how you feel about switching from FLXS1. I am currently deciding between these two, and both has good things going for them.

cephalicarnage
Common Wiggler

Post by cephalicarnage » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:05 pm

I've just realized that the Channel D of my eloquencer does not send any CV... or better, it seems that it sends a very strong negative CV because when I try to send it to a 1-volt x octave input the pitch of the oscillator becomes super low.
Furthermore, also realized that when I try to put in chain two patterns the loop starts always from the second pattern instead of the first. This also happens when I try to build a song. If, for example, I program one part of the song in this way -> "Pattern 1; Pattern 2" when I play the song the eloquencer plays -> "Pattern 2; Pattern 1".
When I switch on the module it says that everything works fine.
Any idea why this is happening?
Should I try to re-install the firmware?
Thanks, community :hail: I do not write often but I read you all every day :love:

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:01 am

That is the first thing I'd try...
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

cephalicarnage
Common Wiggler

Post by cephalicarnage » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:54 am

Multi Grooves wrote:That is the first thing I'd try...
I've tried, but the problem remains :(((
I'll contact winter modular

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:12 pm

suuuuuper digging this. very much what i was looking for, a wonderful compromise between having a FLXS and Varigate 8 in rack with some different stylings. goooood stuff.

unsure what i'm doing wrong with the reset though. i use a Pamela's New Workout as the master clocker in my setup. had an output set to send a gate on stopping Pam's, and half the time it works as a reset for Eloquai, half it doesn't and when i press play on Pam's the Eloquencer starts from wherever it was when Pam's stopped.

what do?

peabreu
Common Wiggler

Post by peabreu » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:05 am

Have you tried a short 10ms trigger. I do that with my CV.OCD and Ableton and works perfectly.

Sunden
Common Wiggler

Post by Sunden » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:22 am

Here's my setup with Pam's and ELO-

Elo aux out set to RUN, patched to Pam's run.

Pam's clock sent to Elo's clock input.

Now pressing start on Elo automatically starts Pam's and Elo in sync from beat 1, no issues at all! Does take up Elo's Aux output though.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Pea Shaped Brow - hurm. i was hoping to use the Send Gate On Stop option, because then i don't have to make sure the reset is the right subdivision if i change a pattern or some'at. and i thinnnnnnk there's no options for adjusting the gste that is sent out from Pam's as On Stop gate.
Sunden wrote:Here's my setup with Pam's and ELO-

Elo aux out set to RUN, patched to Pam's run.

Pam's clock sent to Elo's clock input.

Now pressing start on Elo automatically starts Pam's and Elo in sync from beat 1, no issues at all! Does take up Elo's Aux output though.
murrrrrr. innnnnteressssting. i mean, it's not ideal, i am REALLY comfy using Pam's as the Main Bloomper and will take a bit to not reach for her as the MAIN BUTTON OF GO/NO GO, but i'll try that.

is there a way to adjust what type of gate Eloquai is looking for for the reset?

Azarius
Common Wiggler

Post by Azarius » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:51 pm

behndy wrote: murrrrrr. innnnnteressssting. i mean, it's not ideal, i am REALLY comfy using Pam's as the Main Bloomper and will take a bit to not reach for her as the MAIN BUTTON OF GO/NO GO, but i'll try that.

is there a way to adjust what type of gate Eloquai is looking for for the reset?
I actually use Pam's and the Eloquencer together as well and use Pam's as the master clock (Start/Stop button on Pam's controls everything)... I do use the PX2 expander for Pam's which adds a x24 and Run output. So I send the x24 to the clock input and the Run output to the Reset input on the Eloquencer. On the Eloquencer, under Options, set the Reset In to "Play-Stop". With this set up Pam's always sends a reset to the Eloquencer on Play and Stop. Perfectly synced up!

If you don't have the expander, I believe you just set one of the outputs to a gate and then set the width to 100%. It will go high when playing and low when stopped.

I love using Pam's as the master clock in my setup! The PX2 even lets me sync external midi devices perfectly! Hope this helps!

linjirinzai
Learning to Wiggle

Post by linjirinzai » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

So there's 48 pages of posts to sort through...but is the consensus that this is a solid sequencer?

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:23 am

Azarius wrote:
I actually use Pam's and the Eloquencer together as well and use Pam's as the master clock (Start/Stop button on Pam's controls everything)... I do use the PX2 expander for Pam's which adds a x24 and Run output. So I send the x24 to the clock input and the Run output to the Reset input on the Eloquencer. On the Eloquencer, under Options, set the Reset In to "Play-Stop". With this set up Pam's always sends a reset to the Eloquencer on Play and Stop. Perfectly synced up!

If you don't have the expander, I believe you just set one of the outputs to a gate and then set the width to 100%. It will go high when playing and low when stopped.

I love using Pam's as the master clock in my setup! The PX2 even lets me sync external midi devices perfectly! Hope this helps!
jia. i use the Pexp-1, the one with 4 different clock divisions/mults and the full MIDI/DIN outs? sooooo don't have a Run out, but setting one of the main 8 outputs to the - |_ out is the same no?

i've been using the End _|-, i'm try the Start/Run option tomorrow.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:21 pm

linjirinzai wrote:So there's 48 pages of posts to sort through...but is the consensus that this is a solid sequencer?
Yes. The best. :)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”