Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:20 am

Torn n Frayed wrote:
Multi Grooves wrote:Sold out in black already?!

:hmm: :hmm:
They have them at PC.

I'm East of the water...
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

Torn n Frayed
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Torn n Frayed » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:11 pm

Multi Grooves wrote:
Torn n Frayed wrote:
Multi Grooves wrote:Sold out in black already?!

:hmm: :hmm:
They have them at PC.

I'm East of the water...
Back in stock on the WM webpage..

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:45 pm

^ Ace! Cheers for the heads up.

Actually DV247 are showing black EME as available. One thing I cannot work out is the price difference with London Modular. :hmm:

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:21 pm

Any else require 24ppqn output from the Eloquencer? With EME adding 24ppqn out for MIDI, I thought they would also update the analog out to hit 24ppqn as well. I'm hoping for this as I clock everything from the Eloquncer and the clock runs into the FH-2. Having 24ppqn will allow me to use swing while keeping the clock rock solid.

I've tried posting in the forum and did get an initial response, but upon responding to that, I have not had any feedback from the team about this. Just wondering if anyone else is looking for this.

Love my Eloquencer and still looking at my EME as to how to best leverage it. The Midi out on that works great, just hoping we can also get the analoq 24ppqn out support.

Cheers.

pisrecords
Common Wiggler

Post by pisrecords » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:57 pm

Ypsi Kid wrote:Any else require 24ppqn output from the Eloquencer? With EME adding 24ppqn out for MIDI, I thought they would also update the analog out to hit 24ppqn as well. I'm hoping for this as I clock everything from the Eloquncer and the clock runs into the FH-2. Having 24ppqn will allow me to use swing while keeping the clock rock solid.

I've tried posting in the forum and did get an initial response, but upon responding to that, I have not had any feedback from the team about this. Just wondering if anyone else is looking for this.

Love my Eloquencer and still looking at my EME as to how to best leverage it. The Midi out on that works great, just hoping we can also get the analoq 24ppqn out support.

Cheers.

yes . 24ppqn in clock out will be nice for clock my tb303 as slave . like circacianR or triggerriot . \
maybe with X6 clock multiplier works / :guinness:

ADMIN in latin eurorack group . https://www.facebook.com/groups/906628619403191/

sorry 4 my poor English words.

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:45 am

I managed to spend a couple of hours with my gear for the first time in almost 5 months [yay! :bananaguitar: ] and managed to get to the EME working. My modular holy grail was to get the euro sync'd with my dusty old EMU proteus 2000 but I've never really got to grips with how midi CCs/bank/prgmchng work. Apparently the EMU didn't meet the general midi standard (eg drums ch10). Can anyone point me to a decent resource they know of that can demystify things?

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Anybody?

Mr. Roboto
Common Wiggler

Post by Mr. Roboto » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 am

Did you already check the EME manual?:
http://winter-modular.com/wp-content/up ... manual.pdf

There are several sources for the Pro-2000 manual. One is here:
http://www.synthmanuals.com/manuals/emu ... manual.pdf
Der Sägezahn, der Sägezahn, der hat's mir angetan.

Less talk, more action!

beku
Common Wiggler

clocking issues

Post by beku » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Hey Guys,

is there anyone else still having clocking issues with the eloquencer after 1.3.5?
I have several sequencers and tried to get them in sync with the elo.
I tried the following:

Clocking from MI Yarns internal clock.
Clocking from Ableton via MI Yarns
Clocking from Ableton via Doepfer A-190-4.
Clocking from WMD Metron.
Clocking from Inetllijel Metropolis.

The eloquencer is always lagging behind all the others.

When i hook up Yarns via internal clock to the eloquencer and mult all the other sequncer via elos clock out, everything is in sync.
However, this way elo will not pass through the reset via the aux (even if setup in the aux menu).
So i still have to patch Yarns reset to all the other modules.
This works quite well but is kind of complicated.
So to me it seems my elo somehow lags the incoming clock (or maybe it is related to the downslope issue?)...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sweetfiltersweep
Wiggling with Experience

Width and cable lenght

Post by Sweetfiltersweep » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:18 am

Hi, which is the exact width of the EME expander? I couldn’t find it in the WM website.
Btw, is the connection cable long enough to mount the EME below the Eloquencer?
Thanks for your help.

cg_funk
Wiggling with Experience

Re: clocking issues

Post by cg_funk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:44 am

beku wrote:Hey Guys,

is there anyone else still having clocking issues with the eloquencer after 1.3.5?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
1.35 seemed to fix some of of the worst clocking issues, but not all... but I'm having real trouble clocking it externally still. For example, if I use the reset input with an external clock it gets all out of whack. Somehow when I use the reset input the first beat of the pattern gets cut short, as if it didn't start measuring the clock tempo until I clicked start, and thus the first beat is short! Not the expected behavior. I'd rather the pattern start on the first clock pulse, so it stays in time.

I also noticed that now if I use TrackA as the master track, and set its length to something short like 2-steps, that it advances to the next pattern and starts playing it at the 3rd beat... So it skips the first 2-steps of the next pattern. So the master-track thing still doesn't work right.

Every update of this thing has been a buggy mess, and the latest update is no different. The developers are amateurs and really can't seem to get it right....

beku
Common Wiggler

clocking workaround

Post by beku » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:06 am

For anyone having clocking issues with Elo as slave:

I experimented quite a bit and found a workaround for my setup by using the playHIGH-StopLOW style of Reset. This way Yarns internal clock was used to clock/reset Elo, Metron, Metropolis and 2x Doepfer Darktime. They all run absolutely tight right now.
I know this setup is not always possible since some sequencers do not support this reset style but it might help someone temporarily...
I still think something is wrong with normal trigger reset and/or Elo's clocking as slave.
So i also contacted Eloi from WM. He seems like a nice guy and was really responsive while we tried to narrow down the issue at hand.

cg_funk
Wiggling with Experience

Re: clocking workaround

Post by cg_funk » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:08 pm

beku wrote:For anyone having clocking issues with Elo as slave:

I experimented quite a bit and found a workaround for my setup by using the playHIGH-StopLOW style of Reset. This way Yarns internal clock was used to clock/reset Elo, Metron, Metropolis and 2x Doepfer Darktime. They all run absolutely tight right now.
I know this setup is not always possible since some sequencers do not support this reset style but it might help someone temporarily...
I still think something is wrong with normal trigger reset and/or Elo's clocking as slave.
So i also contacted Eloi from WM. He seems like a nice guy and was really responsive while we tried to narrow down the issue at hand.
Thanks!! Yes, this seems to work for me too. Hope they can eventually get the clocking working right in the other modes too... :despair:

beku
Common Wiggler

Post by beku » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:08 am

Thanks!! Yes, this seems to work for me too. Hope they can eventually get the clocking working right in the other modes too...
Good to hear! I also hope they will fix reset trigger. I have a lot of Doepfer Sequential Switches and Clock Dividers/Ratcheting/Multipliers that need this...
Also my vpme Euclidean Circles V1 needs it.
Currently i set up the Elo aux to send gate on stop so i can reset all those.
(Funny thing is, gate aux only works when set to High/Low not Trigger)
This works, but unfortunately it makes my patches kind of bloated and i always need to keep those quirks in mind instead of patching intuitively.

Jumbuktu
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jumbuktu » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:28 pm

I couldn't see any earlier post on this topic, so here goes:

I just picked up a second hand Elo for a reasonable price. I upgraded the firmware to 1.3.5 and it all seems to work fine ... except internal clock. I get a kind of very fast slew on the CV outputs that makes the results unusable. Fortunately this doesn't happen if I use an external clock. Anyone else had this experience?

jwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jwise » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:14 pm

Why isn't anybody talking about the upgrade to 1.3.8?

https://github.com/enoughframes/ELOQUENCER___UPDATER

Jumbuktu
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jumbuktu » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:54 pm

Jumbuktu wrote:I couldn't see any earlier post on this topic, so here goes:

I just picked up a second hand Elo for a reasonable price. I upgraded the firmware to 1.3.5 and it all seems to work fine ... except internal clock. I get a kind of very fast slew on the CV outputs that makes the results unusable. Fortunately this doesn't happen if I use an external clock. Anyone else had this experience?
... bump. Surely someone can say whether this happens to them or not?

nano_granny
Common Wiggler

Post by nano_granny » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:08 pm

Jumbuktu wrote:

As above, have you tried updating to the latest firmware [1.3.8] and re-checked?

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Afturmath
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Afturmath » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:58 pm

I posted this in the Winter Modular forum as well, but I wanted to share here for anyone looking for ideas of how to use EME. This is an EME controller using a Novation Launch Control XL, which has a handy editor to save up to 8 user MIDI templates to hardware.

The first three templates are per-channel CV, Gate, and Ratchet control. Potentiometer rows are described below.
  1. Core "Add" functions
  2. Random Add or Track Length in ratchet mode
  3. CV: Track Shift, GT: Length Probability, Ratchet: Track Clock Division
Probability is not labeled for each template because it's common to the faders for all three.

Buttons:
  1. Add Resets
  2. Mute (CV), Probability Reset (Gate/Ratchet)
  3. (Right side) CV-GT link (CV), Gate Length Probability Reset (Gate), Fill (Ratchet)
The fourth template is for Global settings. Only some of the top pots are used for global CV Add, Shuffle, Tempo, and Clock Out Multiply/Divide. The second and third row of pots are for per-track Scale and Scale Root Note. Faders are not used in this mode (yet?). Buttons are for global CV Add Reset, track clear, copy, paste, duplicate, freeze, revert, DJ nudge (coarse and fine), MIDI Rec mode, and Free Play mode. Right side buttons are not used in this mode (yet?).

This is a first draft and subject to change, but I will share the sysex templates on the WM forum when I'm done.

Soundcloud || Current Eurorack
Support synths: Voyager XL, Subsequent 37 CV "Moogfest Edition", Novation Circuit Mono Station, Modal Craft Synth 2.0

operator808
Common Wiggler

Post by operator808 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:40 am

Anyone having power issues with the Eloquencer? Just racked mine up in my mini-case powered by a uZeus and the 3000mA adapter and the eloquencer's faceplate is giving me this weird rubbery electric shock feeling everytime I touch it. Not happening with any other modules and really hoping there's something I can do about it since my Eloquencer is brand new.

Jumbuktu
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jumbuktu » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:41 am

nano_granny wrote:
Jumbuktu wrote:

As above, have you tried updating to the latest firmware [1.3.8] and re-checked?
Just to confirm... I have updated and all seems to be well. Thanks for the pointer. I had updated to 1.35 but it needed to be 1.38.

nano_granny
Common Wiggler

Post by nano_granny » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Jumbuktu wrote:
nano_granny wrote:
Jumbuktu wrote:

Just to confirm... I have updated and all seems to be well. Thanks for the pointer. I had updated to 1.35 but it needed to be 1.38.
Ah no worries, glad it's now, finally, working as it should be. I now need to update mine now it seems to be more stable.

somastream
Learning to Wiggle

Post by somastream » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 pm

Just installed a black EME expander last night, haven't had time to play with it yet though. However, I noticed that there's 2 expansion slots... I just want to throw this out there, a CV expander would be amazing! Something like the wmd Voltera, but with 8 outputs maybe? Anyway, I absolutely love this sequencer. :bananaguitar:

Tomorrow Sounds Good
Common Wiggler

Post by Tomorrow Sounds Good » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:29 pm

Is there anyway to make the random more musical ? Hardly ever seem to get usable results

Return to “Eurorack Modules”