Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

praiseofpeace
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer

Post by praiseofpeace » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:27 am

I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere, if so, please link me to the answer. I've noticed that there are graphics indicating which button corresponds to a black or white key in "Free Play" mode. Is this set in stone or is it possible to change the first key on the bottom row into a B for example? This would be very helpful for accommodating different melodic lines.

_lex
Common Wiggler

Post by _lex » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:41 pm

WM thank you thank you thank you for the beta! it makes it the sequencer i always wanted! i can have the sequence direction independent of the clock div now!!!

dumbeat
Common Wiggler

Post by dumbeat » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:47 pm

Just got an Eloquencer but not sure how to update the Firmware. Anyone?

FatKingTubby
Common Wiggler

Post by FatKingTubby » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:18 pm

dumbeat wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:47 pm
I believe everything you need can be found here.
https://github.com/enoughframes/ELOQUENCER___UPDATER

dumbeat
Common Wiggler

Post by dumbeat » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:24 am

FatKingTubby wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:18 pm
dumbeat wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:47 pm
I believe everything you need can be found here.
https://github.com/enoughframes/ELOQUENCER___UPDATER

Got it. Thanks! Any experience with beta 3.9? too buggy or working well?

guitargyro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by guitargyro » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:54 pm

Does anyone have a link to the best “getting started” type of introduction to the Eloquencer?

I have to say I am finding the manual not so intuitive as it seems to imply. Same with many of the videos I’ve watched...

Read through the whole manual and there isn’t even any mention of “how to start a sequence”...or anything like that.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:10 pm

i watched a handful of videos and gleaned a little bit from each one. it's a very flexible and programmable box that people use in different ways so you're going to get a different take on it from different users.

it's deep and very programmable so you can really use it in many different ways. the random functionality is excellent and it's possible to program ever changing patterns full of surprises. the LFO implementation is also really nice imo. it's nice to have it linked to a pattern.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... eloquencer

this video is really long but is a good overview and gets the basics though spread out over longtime. his 2nd video covers the added features of new firmware so you should watch both.

FatKingTubby
Common Wiggler

Post by FatKingTubby » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:14 pm

dumbeat wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:24 am
Got it. Thanks! Any experience with beta 3.9? too buggy or working well?
Nope sorry I'm on 1.3.8. Still relatively new with it myself and I don't do betas unless I'm super fluid with everything. Otherwise I can't be sure if I'm messing something up or it's the firmware.
guitargyro wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:54 pm
Does anyone have a link to the best “getting started” type of introduction to the Eloquencer?

I have to say I am finding the manual not so intuitive as it seems to imply. Same with many of the videos I’ve watched...

Read through the whole manual and there isn’t even any mention of “how to start a sequence”...or anything like that.
I too found the manual a bit dense to make sense of everything. This 'cheat sheet' is pretty handy but also may just make you more confused.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... SRn46RsblX

Best bet is to watch the youtube tutorials and learn by doing. I figured out pretty much everything I needed to within 2-3 sessions of getting in there and clicking around.

magicdust
Common Wiggler

Post by magicdust » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Thanks for posting that. Really helpful 😊

jwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jwise » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:35 pm

FatKingTubby wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:14 pm
This 'cheat sheet' is pretty handy but also may just make you more confused.

Do you know if there's one of these that's printer friendly?

FatKingTubby
Common Wiggler

Post by FatKingTubby » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:33 pm

jwise wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:35 pm
Do you know if there's one of these that's printer friendly?
Not that I've found. But yeah you def don't want to blow all your red ink for no reason and it's not too easy to copy/paste the text to a new doc. You could try asking the SonicVoltage guy who made it. He might be up for making a quick edit. Here's his youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBZeBu ... tx1BrQX89A

Daduk
Common Wiggler

Post by Daduk » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:16 am

FatKingTubby wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:20 pm

One of my favorite things about eloquencer is the probability settings, and I've been using gate probabilities for pretty much every track I write. I'd really like to be using the CV probabilities but the way this functions doesn't really make sense to me. Ideally I would like to set the probability that a note will be changed to a certain pitch, not to a range of pitches above or below the set note. For example: A programmed C has a 25% chance going up to Eb, 25% chance up to a G, 25% up an octave to a higher C, and 25% chance down an octave to a lower C. Having a 25% chance that the note will be somewhere between say 7 semitones up or down really doesn't help me. An octave, a perfect 5th, or a minor 3rd are intervals that have a much more consonant sound. The difference in sound between a minor second/major second/minor third/major third is HUGE compared to the example I gave above, even though that probability setting would be a small +/-4 semitones. I'm sure someone will suggest I play around with the scale settings to make this work a bit better, which is definitely something I need to explore more. But I was a bit dumbstruck when I saw that changing the scale does not change the notes that show up on the OLED screen when selecting pitch CV. You still need to scroll through each chromatic pitch when changing CV, but depending on the scale that's selected it will just round up or down to the nearest pitch in that scale. I'm really not a fan of this behavior because the main reason I would choose a certain scale is to save myself scrolling time when selecting a pitch in the CV mode. This choice must have something to do with the programming because I can't think of any other reason why this behavior would be the norm. If I set a scale to C maj, the only notes I want to be scrolling through are CDEFGAB.
fatKing,

I am afraid you are right on this. Random within the chosen scale does NOT work. Serious bummer and reason for me to go for the Vector Sequencer.

Dreth
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Dreth » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:13 am

With the EME expander, can you sequence all 8 tracks simultaneously with external hardware/DAW and vice versa?

If so I could save some hp/money and not have to get a module like yarns.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”