Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
particleswillbewaves
Common Wiggler
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 am
Location: bxl
Contact:

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by particleswillbewaves » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:26 pm

This is the inside by the way 8-) :lol:
Image

gein
Common Wiggler
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:10 am

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by gein » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:49 am

:tu: that’s the way !

User avatar
interpolate
Common Wiggler
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by interpolate » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:11 am

Latest firmware in beta added oscillators to the sample output tracks, not sure if anyone saw that.

For tracks 7 and 8, which both allow 2 samples to be played at the same time (4 total) you can now select either samples or oscillators to play per row. That makes channels 7 and 8 a pretty powerful groove box by themselves.

polsab
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by polsab » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:09 am

interpolate wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:11 am
Latest firmware in beta added oscillators to the sample output tracks, not sure if anyone saw that.

For tracks 7 and 8, which both allow 2 samples to be played at the same time (4 total) you can now select either samples or oscillators to play per row. That makes channels 7 and 8 a pretty powerful groove box by themselves.
SonicVoltage just did a demo for this:

User avatar
ehr
Common Wiggler
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Crestline, CA

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by ehr » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Sample out oscillators are such a great addition! Now I’ve got a sine module to sell. :tu:

User avatar
firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:04 am
Location: Rotterdam
Contact:

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by firestARTer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:55 pm

The new waveforms need also some fair explanations:
First, yes, they are oscillators included now with Sinus, Triangle, Sawtooth, Ramp, Square and Noise. All pitchable, notes, mix, detune etc. The square can also be changed in PW. So combined with the Automator you got a nice PWM Sweep.
The downside is that the waves are aliasing at high octaves and it will stay that way. For that you better go for an analogue oscillator.
But for many applications they are definitely more than usable!
NerdSEQ - one of the most advanced Eurorack Sequencers
https://www.xor-electronics.com

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:11 pm
Location: LA

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:04 pm

firestARTer wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:55 pm
The new waveforms need also some fair explanations:
First, yes, they are oscillators included now with Sinus, Triangle, Sawtooth, Ramp, Square and Noise. All pitchable, notes, mix, detune etc. The square can also be changed in PW. So combined with the Automator you got a nice PWM Sweep.
The downside is that the waves are aliasing at high octaves and it will stay that way. For that you better go for an analogue oscillator.
But for many applications they are definitely more than usable!
This is very cool! Do they go anywhere near LFO range? And do they have any amplitude control (like envelopes)?

User avatar
firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:04 am
Location: Rotterdam
Contact:

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by firestARTer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:10 pm

uniquepersonno2 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:04 pm
firestARTer wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:55 pm
The new waveforms need also some fair explanations:
First, yes, they are oscillators included now with Sinus, Triangle, Sawtooth, Ramp, Square and Noise. All pitchable, notes, mix, detune etc. The square can also be changed in PW. So combined with the Automator you got a nice PWM Sweep.
The downside is that the waves are aliasing at high octaves and it will stay that way. For that you better go for an analogue oscillator.
But for many applications they are definitely more than usable!
This is very cool! Do they go anywhere near LFO range? And do they have any amplitude control (like envelopes)?
They go down to C-0 which is 16,35 hz.
And amplitude with the volume column.
But these are not good for being LFO's since the outputs are audio outputs -> AC Coupled. You see the DC part of the waveforms decreasing with lower frequencies of course. For LFO's the automators are the best option. DC Coupled and flexible to manipulate.
NerdSEQ - one of the most advanced Eurorack Sequencers
https://www.xor-electronics.com

User avatar
megarat
Common Wiggler
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:09 pm
Location: Squirt Island, USA

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by megarat » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 am

This sounds great. Is there an estimate for when the new firmware will have its official (non-beta) release?

User avatar
firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:04 am
Location: Rotterdam
Contact:

Re: Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by firestARTer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:26 am

megarat wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 am
This sounds great. Is there an estimate for when the new firmware will have its official (non-beta) release?
Yes, when enough people tested it and no further issues came up :-)
NerdSEQ - one of the most advanced Eurorack Sequencers
https://www.xor-electronics.com

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”