Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:00 pm

guigui wrote:

Any hint?
im going to guess the usb launchpad interface expander.

because it looks like usb connector would fit pretty nice in that spot

ImageImage
Last edited by brandonlogic on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:14 pm

lovinnnnng this thing. been a bit distracted with the Metron Volteras, but NerdSeq is BOSS.

would adore some scale constrainment options. is that planned?
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

skylab001
Common Wiggler

Post by skylab001 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:37 pm

I second launchpad expander because a USB jack will fit there quite nicely. It looks like there is another connector above the USB though. Maybe a 3.5mini midi jack?

richie
Common Wiggler

Post by richie » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:30 pm

hope it can plug in a keyboard too for the old school tracker experience :banana:

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:56 pm

There is another connector you don't see....
NerdSEQ - one of the most advanced Eurorack Sequencers
https://www.xor-electronics.com

Accent
Common Wiggler

Post by Accent » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:41 am

While I’m awaiting a USB input module like many of you, I discovered this weekend that if you have the Launchpad Pro connected to Ableton Live via USB but connect the physical midi ports to the NerdSEQ expander and turn off the LP Pro as a control surface in Live and set the NerdSEQ as a midi slave, you can still send clock and transport from Live but use the LP Pro to control the NerdSEQ, allowing you to keep time with a project while playing live with the LP Pro and NerdSEQ. Just a tip if you might have a weird hybrid setup like I do, since it gives the best of both worlds.

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:44 am

Ethernet?
look up!

ianski
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ianski » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:21 am

Dennis wrote:how does the live transpose work? could not find anything on that :hmm:
Live transpose is pretty awesome, I've been messing with it for a while now. Both midi and CV transpose inputs are available (not at the same time though currently) and you can enable/disable each track independently. There are a couple of things to take care of, such as making sure the "reset all track FX" when sequencer stops isn't enabled otherwise you'll lose the transpose setting.

I use the launchpad pro to do everything now - trigger patterns, play/record notes and transpose. I just change modes and midi channels as they are needed. I don't think I'd particularly need the new midi expander unless it does something amazingly cool that I can't do already. I begrudge using any more HP though.

Happy to share my limited knowledge if you want to shoot any more questions. Also, I made a thread on the xor forums about transpose but doesn't have many posts, but those forums are a good place to talk about features in more depth.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:32 am

ianski wrote:
Dennis wrote:how does the live transpose work? could not find anything on that :hmm:
Live transpose is pretty awesome, I've been messing with it for a while now. Both midi and CV transpose inputs are available (not at the same time though currently) and you can enable/disable each track independently. There are a couple of things to take care of, such as making sure the "reset all track FX" when sequencer stops isn't enabled otherwise you'll lose the transpose setting.

I use the launchpad pro to do everything now - trigger patterns, play/record notes and transpose. I just change modes and midi channels as they are needed. I don't think I'd particularly need the new midi expander unless it does something amazingly cool that I can't do already. I begrudge using any more HP though.

Happy to share my limited knowledge if you want to shoot any more questions. Also, I made a thread on the xor forums about transpose but doesn't have many posts, but those forums are a good place to talk about features in more depth.
another cool thing i've been doing is internal track to track transposing.
Key is using the automaton page/fx. Self patch cv out 1 to cv in 1. On the automation page, set Automator to cv 1 and apply it to channel 2. Turn on the Automator FX in your pattern on Chan 2. Now channel two’s pattern will be transposed by channel one’s pattern!
This is cool because you can turn transposition on or off per step. So you could activate transposition on just like every other step for example.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:02 am

ianski wrote:I don't think I'd particularly need the new midi expander....
Who said new Midi expander?? :haha:

BarneyRubble
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BarneyRubble » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:03 pm

HDMI ?

ianski
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ianski » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:10 am

firestARTer wrote:
ianski wrote:I don't think I'd particularly need the new midi expander....
Who said new Midi expander?? :haha:
Haha!

Well there is one planned, but of course this looks much more like a super expander or link for 2 Nerdseq's.

It's fun to speculate though :)

mosorensen
Common Wiggler

Post by mosorensen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:13 am

I2C?

skylab001
Common Wiggler

Post by skylab001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:46 am

Question for Launchpad users, I’ve got it hooked up, I can select and trigger patterns, I can enter into pattern mode, I can set triggers in the drum matrix, and I can set triggers in the midi tracks.

I can’t seem to figure out how to program notes, I’ve tried switching to notes mode but no success, anybody care to enlighten me?

ianski
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ianski » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:32 am

skylab001 wrote:Question for Launchpad users, I’ve got it hooked up, I can select and trigger patterns, I can enter into pattern mode, I can set triggers in the drum matrix, and I can set triggers in the midi tracks.

I can’t seem to figure out how to program notes, I’ve tried switching to notes mode but no success, anybody care to enlighten me?
Make sure you set the midi channel you want to record to on the launchpad in note mode (bottom 16 pads), and enable midi recording on the appropriate track in the live input settings. Avoid recording on midi channel 1 as that's the channel the launchpad uses to control the module.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:30 am

skylab001 wrote:Question for Launchpad users, I’ve got it hooked up, I can select and trigger patterns, I can enter into pattern mode, I can set triggers in the drum matrix, and I can set triggers in the midi tracks.

You can not enter note VALUES currently with the launchpad, only place gates/triggers (I believe that may change when the expander comes?).

Unless you jump out of nerdseq mode and use the Launchpads own midi keyboard mode. That’s what I’m doing in the video on page 30 of this thread. Just don’t use midi Chan 1.

Like stated above, you need to configure midi settings for it work.

Launchpad integration is still being worked on and will improve in coming firmwares from what I hear.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:51 pm

mosorensen wrote:I2C?
It would be awesome if i2C and launchpad usb port could all be taken care of in one module!

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:45 am

brandonlogic wrote:

You can not enter note VALUES currently with the launchpad, only place gates/triggers (I believe that may change when the expander comes?).

Unless you jump out of nerdseq mode and use the Launchpads own midi keyboard mode. That’s what I’m doing in the video on page 30 of this thread. Just don’t use midi Chan 1.

Like stated above, you need to configure midi settings for it work.

Launchpad integration is still being worked on and will improve in coming firmwares from what I hear.
There is a discussion thread about the Launchpad in the XOR group and all input is welcome there. Note input might be a bit tricky as in, how to select the step and how to enter the note then. I will have a solution for that with the USB expander, but that would still take a while. Also keep in mind that i will not make anything special for the LP Pro as i want to keep the usage the same for all Launchpads.

For now with the LP Pro, you can either record notes on the fly or into the step where the cursor is from the LP if in note mode.

Ceres
Common Wiggler

Post by Ceres » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:59 pm

What’s the deal with the clock output? Modules like my G8 clock divider and Rene aren’t getting clocked by the Nerdseq clock output but it will trigger my maths. Tried both “clock out” settings in the Setup screen. I probably have old firmware, will an upgrade fix this?

I’m also noticing when it resets after a break on a pattern, the first step 00 doesn’t send a trigger when it should.
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Ceres wrote:What’s the deal with the clock output? Modules like my G8 clock divider and Rene aren’t getting clocked by the Nerdseq clock output but it will trigger my maths. Tried both “clock out” settings in the Setup screen. I probably have old firmware, will an upgrade fix this?

I’m also noticing when it resets after a break on a pattern, the first step 00 doesn’t send a trigger when it should.
Hey, the clock output should normally work well with these.
Also if there is a trigger then it should trigger, with and without break. I guess there is maybe something in the sequence which avoids it to trigger, like that the gate was on already or so.
Please contact me (admin) through the XOR Forum so i can check your savefile and help with some troubleshooting for the clocks. Or the official support. It's all me :-)

b3nsf
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by b3nsf » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:37 pm

I wanted to test out the midi expander ... notes from ableton into Nerdseq and recording all the tracks at the same time, it worked perfectly...Merry Christmas!!! here is the result:

[video][/video]
its like saying you experience michaelangelo because there is a picture on your happy meal
--shreddoggie
Last time I checked there was nothing Vanilla about old Chi- Acid....that shit's Chocolate as it gets.
--Kendall Station

depaffect
Common Wiggler

Post by depaffect » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:32 am

Ceres wrote:What’s the deal with the clock output? Modules like my G8 clock divider and Rene aren’t getting clocked by the Nerdseq clock output but it will trigger my maths. Tried both “clock out” settings in the Setup screen. I probably have old firmware, will an upgrade fix this?

Nerdseq can clock my Rene (MK2) fine

Is your clock output set to MOD 1/16 ?

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:47 am

depaffect wrote:

Nerdseq can clock my Rene (MK2) fine

Is your clock output set to MOD 1/16 ?
I did some troubleshoot with him and it turns out the unit is not 100% allright.

richie
Common Wiggler

Post by richie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:31 pm

so what is the circuit board? hdmi out, NSA expanders and USB support?

glassofwater
Common Wiggler

Post by glassofwater » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:28 am

I just checked my mailbox and damn! :party:

MERRY CHRISTMAS Thomas!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”