Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

muffdiver
Common Wiggler

Re: Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout

Post by muffdiver » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:02 am

Drats- I missed it!
---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,

---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`

Fidi
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fidi » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:38 am

If I set the Modifier to trigger once at „Start“ (one pulse): after a power cycle this setting gets lost and is set to x1... is this a known bug? Does your pnw´s do that too?
Thanks!

OHEXOH
Common Wiggler

Post by OHEXOH » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:40 pm

I'm getting strange behavior with PNW when the square wave (and maybe also other waves) has a Phase setting other than 0%.

In my example I have Channel 1 outputting a square wave set to /4 with phase set to 50%. What should happen is the square wave is triggered halfway through it's cycle, and it does do this. However it also outputs a tiny pulse on when the start button is pressed (or when a clock is recieved). After that it works as expected. It doesn't do this when Phase is set to 0%.

This seems like a bug, can anyone confirm the behavior? I'm running the latest OS and PNW is the main clock.

THX
Gear for sale (Reverb): https://bit.ly/2Sb90oc

ALM
Ultra Wiggler

Post by ALM » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:21 am

OHEXOH wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:40 pm
I'm getting strange behavior with PNW when the square wave (and maybe also other waves) has a Phase setting other than 0%.

In my example I have Channel 1 outputting a square wave set to /4 with phase set to 50%. What should happen is the square wave is triggered halfway through it's cycle, and it does do this. However it also outputs a tiny pulse on when the start button is pressed (or when a clock is recieved). After that it works as expected. It doesn't do this when Phase is set to 0%.
You need to either set the Phase to less than 50% (i.e 49%) or lower the width to less than 50%. Phase 'wraps' the waveform.

mosorensen
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mosorensen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:09 am

ALM is right (unsurprisingly). Just to add to this, you may try to change the "Delay" parameter instead of "Phase" (and set Delay divisor to 1).

OHEXOH
Common Wiggler

Post by OHEXOH » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Great - thanks both!
Gear for sale (Reverb): https://bit.ly/2Sb90oc

tigersi
Common Wiggler

Post by tigersi » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:49 pm

Ordered mine today. Hopefully it comes soon. Gutted I missed out on the Black one. Looks amazing too.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=234159 My eurorack yard sale

Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.

We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents. (Bob Ross)

GregIcky
Common Wiggler

Post by GregIcky » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:02 am

Anyone using PNW with Basilimus? If so can you share some insights? What works? What doesn’t? Likes/dislikes? I was gonna go with a Voltage Block but saw a vid of someone using pams. Seems like there’s not much “on the fly” kind of tweaking with pnw but would love some input non the less. Cheers

BlackDoors
Common Wiggler

Post by BlackDoors » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:40 am

GregIcky wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:02 am
Anyone using PNW with Basilimus? If so can you share some insights? What works? What doesn’t? Likes/dislikes? I was gonna go with a Voltage Block but saw a vid of someone using pams. Seems like there’s not much “on the fly” kind of tweaking with pnw but would love some input non the less. Cheers
Yep, works great, as you say not the most performable combination to tweak on the fly but I like having shades/muton around to help.

Worth noting that you can change level and phase and euclidian parameters over the two CV inputs with Pam's as well as deploying random skip so just self patched, there is lots of range for variation. The ability to set the level on channels compensates for not having attuverters on BIA inputs. My take is you can do loads with just 18HP in just PNW and BIA, awesome combo.

John

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:45 pm

BlackDoors wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:40 am
GregIcky wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:02 am
Yep, works great, as you say not the most performable combination to tweak on the fly but I like having shades/muton around to help.

Worth noting that you can change level and phase and euclidian parameters over the two CV inputs with Pam's as well as deploying random skip so just self patched, there is lots of range for variation. The ability to set the level on channels compensates for not having attuverters on BIA inputs. My take is you can do loads with just 18HP in just PNW and BIA, awesome combo.

John
This right here. Great combo.

spillane
Learning to Wiggle

Post by spillane » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:16 pm

I wish they made a PNW expander with a big display, more cv inputs and unlock all the possibilities as a sequencer, currently, I am using 4 channels of PNW to generate separately clocked Euclidian Sequences and send it to Doepfer sq switch and control loop length with another module and it is so much fun.

yellowecho
Common Wiggler

Post by yellowecho » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:40 pm

spillane wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:16 pm
I wish they made a PNW expander with a big display, more cv inputs and unlock all the possibilities as a sequencer, currently, I am using 4 channels of PNW to generate separately clocked Euclidian Sequences and send it to Doepfer sq switch and control loop length with another module and it is so much fun.
I'd love to a few PNW expanders! Especially something that has mutes for each channel... maybe the expander could allow all submenu items to have a dedicated knob with mutes. :goo:

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:45 pm

spillane wrote:
That’d be awesome for Pamela’s Day Off. Maybe a knob per channel as well?

spillane
Learning to Wiggle

Post by spillane » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:33 am

yellowecho wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:40 pm
spillane wrote:
I'd love to a few PNW expanders! Especially something that has mutes for each channel... maybe the expander could allow all submenu items to have a dedicated knob with mutes. :goo:

It is more than halfway to becoming my favorite sequencer, I grow to hate conventional ways of sequencing and PNW is just doing magic with the help of some other modules. Unlocking some features by providing front panel menuless access to parameters like loop length, clock division, etc. would make this unit the best sequencer (at least for me)

tdallas
Common Wiggler

Post by tdallas » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:15 am

yellowecho wrote:
Not really related to an expander. But I have learned yesterday from the manual, that you can "quick" mute individual channels:

Note an output can have its mute state quickly toggled by clicking and holding the program knob and then clicking the start/stop button.

BlackDoors
Common Wiggler

Post by BlackDoors » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:35 am

I’ve ended up with 3 PNWs. I would probably sequence even more on it if we had a pam’s mega workout with (say) 40 channels!

But my most wished for (and let’s face it, unlikely) feature request is wireless sync to keep all three sync’d without the cables. It’s such a great module.

spillane
Learning to Wiggle

Post by spillane » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:13 pm

BlackDoors wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:35 am
I’ve ended up with 3 PNWs.
:hyper:

yellowecho
Common Wiggler

Post by yellowecho » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:31 pm

tdallas wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:15 am
yellowecho wrote:
Not really related to an expander. But I have learned yesterday from the manual, that you can "quick" mute individual channels:

Note an output can have its mute state quickly toggled by clicking and holding the program knob and then clicking the start/stop button.
Thanks for sharing! I didn't realize that and it will definitely come in handy.

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm

The postman brought me something beautiful today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dark Barn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dark Barn » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Whoa cool candy!
I’ve been searchin’ for the dolphins in the sea

The Weak in Review - podcast in ((poetic_stere0)) Spotify YouTube

Muse FTW
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Muse FTW » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:14 pm

trickness wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm
The postman brought me something beautiful today
Kicking myself for not ordering one of these. I don't need three, but it looks so pretty.

If it ever comes out again I'll probably nab one. Imagine an Akemie's Castle in this color scheme... :eek:

blaythe.steuer
Common Wiggler

Post by blaythe.steuer » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm

i want a black one :(

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:00 am

blaythe.steuer wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm
i want a black one :(
I just want one... don't even care what color it is. Haven't been able to get one for months now. Not sure whats up with that.
DISHEVELED -- PROMETHEUS BURNING -- FOUR PI MOVEMENT

SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

NARC NOISE
Common Wiggler

Post by NARC NOISE » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:57 am

Question concerning the firmware update. This will be my first time doing a firmware update on a module, so I was wondering this: My current version is 201. If I go ahead and download 204, will I get all of the features added in 202 and 203, or I do I have to download 202 and 203 first? (Please keep in mind I've never done a firmware update, so if this seems like a dumb question, that would be why, haha!)

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:43 am

NARC NOISE wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:57 am
Question concerning the firmware update. This will be my first time doing a firmware update on a module, so I was wondering this: My current version is 201. If I go ahead and download 204, will I get all of the features added in 202 and 203, or I do I have to download 202 and 203 first? (Please keep in mind I've never done a firmware update, so if this seems like a dumb question, that would be why, haha!)
The latest firmware will include everything in between, so you only need to run the one.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”