New Erica Synths drum sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

ringokidf
Common Wiggler

Post by ringokidf » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:45 am

How do I change to bank I to P? I can only go between bank A to H... Am I missing some hidden feature? Im on the latest firmware. 1.054

ringokidf
Common Wiggler

Post by ringokidf » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:49 am

How do I change to bank I to P? I can only go between bank A to H...
I wrote Erica Synths but still no answer. No wigglers with a suggestion?
I also asked ES if it´s possible to make a backup of the Banks/Patterns to say a computer and be able to load/change different Banks/Pattern for projects.

This question might be answered somewhere else but I haven´t found it yet so plz bare with me and point me in the right direction if you know.

thanks

batch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batch » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:38 am

Am sure they will get back to you. My experience is that their customer support is pretty awesome though sometimes might take them a day or two. They always stand by their products (I have had a few repaired at no charge).

But to answer your questions. There are only 8 banks (A-H) so no, you don’t have a dud. This is clearly stated in the manual on p6.

And to my knowledge there is no way to save or load patterns to/ from a computer. There is a MIDI out on the back that is currently not enabled (Kodek - I really wish this would send a clock signal!!!) so maybe a Sysex dump could be possible, but this would require a firmware update and I doubt there is much demand for it.
FS: Erica Synths Hi-Hats D $175, Cymbals $175, Stereo Mixer v2 $100, Intellijel 1U Pedal IO $70, MIDI $110, Rebel Tech Bit Reactor $95

ringokidf
Common Wiggler

Post by ringokidf » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:43 am

Hi. Thanks for your reply.
I'm sure that ES support will get back to me as well.

Yes I'm aware of the manual page 6( 8 banks A-H) but in the feature on page 2 it says 16 banks of 16 patterns. I thought that it meant 16 banks= bank A-P.

I would be very happy if there was some way to load banks to and from the sequence/laptop especially if there's only 8 banks.

batch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batch » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:22 pm

I think that must be a typo. It says 8 banks of 16 patterns on the product page in the features section:

https://www.ericasynths.lv/shop/eurorac ... sequencer/

And in the details section of the manual it says banks A-H as previously commented.

There is no way to load patterns to/ from a computer.

It’s a fantastic sequencer. I’ve had it since it came out and continue to enjoy using it. The only drum sequencer that I think might be better is the Doepfer with the alternate firmware. I have that too and it’s awesome. They are pretty similar feature wise.
FS: Erica Synths Hi-Hats D $175, Cymbals $175, Stereo Mixer v2 $100, Intellijel 1U Pedal IO $70, MIDI $110, Rebel Tech Bit Reactor $95

ringokidf
Common Wiggler

Post by ringokidf » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:38 am

Yeah it might just be a Typo. Thanks for clearing it up.

The sequencer is gr8, no doubt about it and I´m getting deeper into the features and exploring.

ringokidf
Common Wiggler

Post by ringokidf » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:38 am

Confirmation from Erica.

1. I can´t access the Banks I-P, the Banks A-H are working just fine. Am I missing something?

Unfortunately this is a typo, there are just 8 banks (A-H) available.
Where did you see the text about 16 banks? We need to change that!

2. Is there any way to back up my Banks, like Sysex or other?
I´m working with a lot of different people and music projects and this would be a great help for organizing different sets.

Unfortunately there is no way to do the backup of the memory right now.

kodek
Common Wiggler

Post by kodek » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:14 am

Hey,

Fresh update is out!
Nothing fancy tho, just two bug fixes >>

Drum Sequencer firmware 1.055

FIXES:

- Accent dropped to 0V when sequencer is stopped (fixed for all units now)

- In song mode press CLEAR to jump to position 1

--------

Download SysEx for update via MIDI HERE
Download HEX for update via AVR programmer HERE

--------

:drums:

wanne
Common Wiggler

Post by wanne » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:02 pm

i have a question about track 16 output...
on track 16 you can program the gate and cv outputs.... but what about
the direct output on the tracks ?
theres no signal at my TR16 output and i only get a signal at the cv/gate output when i program a CV ..when i turn it to Rset also no signal...

could somebody please explain ?

:hail:

ggillon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ggillon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Track 16 isn't CV and gate. Track 16 is output 16.

CV and gate outputs are managed through the CV track (TRIG SEL + encoder 2)

Output 16 can also be configured as reset trigger in global cfg. When done, track 16 is inactive, and any hit of the STOP button will send a trigger through output 16.

Hope that helps

wanne
Common Wiggler

Post by wanne » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:37 am

ggillon wrote:Track 16 isn't CV and gate. Track 16 is output 16.

Output 16 can also be configured as reset trigger in global cfg. When done, track 16 is inactive, and any hit of the STOP button will send a trigger through output 16.

Hope that helps
thx !! it helped :-)
but anyway...if i have it on reset in the global.cfg and i put in some trigs on tr16 i get output on the cv/gate outputs !? why is that ?

ggillon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ggillon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:17 am

wanne wrote:

Hope that helps
but anyway...if i have it on reset in the global.cfg and i put in some trigs on tr16 i get output on the cv/gate outputs !? why is that ?
I'll have ti check if I have the same behavior. When you select track 16, does it say 16 or CV on the screen? Maybe this is intentional and since track 16 is unused in reset mode, button 16 could be a shortcut to the CV track?

ipassenger
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ipassenger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:21 am

Hi, interested in one of these but I can’t see in the manual how pattern changes are handled and how if at all is the pattern reset?

So say I have a 3step pattern on one track and a 16 step pattern on another, does the 3step pattern ever get reset or does it loop around forever, effectively independent of the 16 step one?

When changing from one pattern to another can they be queued up or is it always instant?

How is tempo handled in this during pattern changes, does it hold the previous patterns tempo or change with the pattern?

Cheers

ggillon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ggillon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:37 am

ipassenger wrote:Hi, interested in one of these but I can’t see in the manual how pattern changes are handled and how if at all is the pattern reset?

Pattern change can be either instant (start next pattern immediately - from start) or wait until end of current pattern
ipassenger wrote:So say I have a 3step pattern on one track and a 16 step pattern on another, does the 3step pattern ever get reset or does it loop around forever, effectively independent of the 16 step one?
Just to clarify; a "pattern" in this module is a collection of 16 trigger tracks + 1 CV/Gate track

Tracks can be of different lengths in steps (1 to 64) and will free run independantly, meaning you can easily do polyrythmic stuff with tracks with different step lengths.
ipassenger wrote:When changing from one pattern to another can they be queued up or is it always instant?
Both are possible (shift + pattern = immediate change VS at end of pattern normally) + song mode to chain multiple patterns
ipassenger wrote:How is tempo handled in this during pattern changes, does it hold the previous patterns tempo or change with the pattern?
Tempo is global for the module and not saved in the patterns. Tempo scales (1/16; 1/8; triplets;...) are saved independantly per track.

ipassenger
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ipassenger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:25 am

Brilliant! Thanks for the reply. One last question, in a polyrhythmic pattern with all kind of different lengths and meters on the different trig tracks, what constitutes the end of the pattern?

ggillon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ggillon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:34 am

ipassenger wrote:Brilliant! Thanks for the reply. One last question, in a polyrhythmic pattern with all kind of different lengths and meters on the different trig tracks, what constitutes the end of the pattern?
Longest track I believe.

It's also possible to set default length for the whole pattern that will apply to all the tracks unless you override them per track.

ipassenger
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ipassenger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:10 am

Sound, thanks.

wanne
Common Wiggler

Post by wanne » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:34 am

ggillon wrote:
wanne wrote:

Hope that helps
I'll have ti check if I have the same behavior. When you select track 16, does it say 16 or CV on the screen? Maybe this is intentional and since track 16 is unused in reset mode, button 16 could be a shortcut to the CV track?

when i have rset on in the global i can dial in "Rset" and "cv" then it spits out
cv and gates on the 2 outputs...

do you have the same ?

freerider197
Learning to Wiggle

Post by freerider197 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:44 am

Anyone experiencing low trigger voltage? (not constant but irregular) I can even see the light near the trig out light not at the same intensity which result in some of my module snot being triggered.
I am with the last firmware, not sure if it has something to do with firmware or hardware...

(I am using about 60% of my PSU, using Koma Strom)

ggillon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ggillon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:31 pm

wanne wrote:
ggillon wrote:
wanne wrote:

Hope that helps

when i have rset on in the global i can dial in "Rset" and "cv" then it spits out
cv and gates on the 2 outputs...

do you have the same ?
I'm not sur I understand what you mean by "dial in rset AND cv".

They are two different tracks.

Track "CV" controls CV AND gates in a single track (see the manual for how to change CV values and gates length)

Track "rset" (16 if reset is off) controls nothing. I just tried it. You can add steps but they aren't outputted anywhere.

I wonder if you aren't confusing how the CV/gate track works.

I'm on the latest firmware

onnias
Learning to Wiggle

Re: New Erica Synths drum sequencer

Post by onnias » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi all,

The "clock in" on my Erica Synth Drum Sequencer seems to have a lag: when the signal coming in is stopped, the drum sequencer continues for another 2 or 3 beats. I believe this is a known issue and according to Erica Synth Firmware Changelog, it has been resolved:
https://www.ericasynths.lv/news/drum-se ... changelog/
Drum Sequencer firmware 1.035
- fixed Issues with analog CLOCK IN
Drum Sequencer firmware 1.038
- fixed External clock in bug fix (Now works great as a slave to PNW).

Yesterday I updated the Firmware to 1.055, I initialized the machine but I am still getting the issue. The "clock in" comes directly from a Ladik C-410, but it will do it from any other source as well, such as the BSP.

Has anybody experienced the same issue? and have you resolved it?
Thanks,
Pablo

ipassenger
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ipassenger » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:36 am

Yo! How do i clear all tracks at once in a pattern?

ggillon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ggillon » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:53 am

ipassenger wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:36 am
In pattern page, hold the key for pattern to be cleared + "clear" button

ipassenger
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ipassenger » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:55 am

ggillon wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:53 am
ipassenger wrote:
Ahh thank you! Awesome been driving me mad that one!

ggillon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ggillon » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:32 am

ipassenger wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:55 am
ggillon wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:53 am
ipassenger wrote:
Ahh thank you! Awesome been driving me mad that one!
Yeah the indication in the manual is incorrect. I think I already told Erica about this. It says you only need to press clear which is incorrect.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”