Most interesting/underappreciated CV/Gate/modulator modules?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

richc90
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by richc90 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:15 am

Rene is really powerful as a gate sequencer.

FrogStar
Common Wiggler

Post by FrogStar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Any wavefolder!
They will twist up any CV, Gate or most interestingly Sequence.
It an old school technique that I learned about through DivKid’s Rob Hordijk tutorial. Awesome stuff and VERY, VERY interesting method.

amop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by amop » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:09 pm

FrogStar wrote:Any wavefolder!
It an old school technique that I learned about through DivKid’s Rob Hordijk tutorial. Awesome stuff and VERY, VERY interesting method.
Yup! Toppobrillo Triple Wavefolder is my fave. :yay:

amop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by amop » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 am

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
amop wrote:I have the expander and use the clock out, and then also the patterns as "dividers" that I can vary over the pattern, kind of a ghetto 4MS RCD.
I'd say that's underusing the Knit Rider but then again I have two RCDs and a Pamela so clock dividers are in abundance on my cases. Couldn't live without them! :hihi:

I have yet to meet someone who uses the KR's 64 step length. Even the guys at Bastl said they usually go up to 16 and rarely (if ever) program sets, it's so easy to dial in a pattern. I really want to sit down and program larger patterns, as I'm mostly using mine for Gate duty instead of Triggers, but I'm still waiting for the aluminium paneled version of the expander to appear so that I can buy it; reset is essential when you have larger patterns going.
I probably underuse most of my gear, except the buff mult :mrgreen:

(Actually ModCan Quad LFO is pretty fully exploited -appears in every patch)

I can’t think of when I ever went beyond 32 steps with the Knit Rider, but now shifted a lot of percussion to Numeric Repetitor or Circadian Rhythms. CR is fairly fixed patterns but I like the zoom function a lot.

itsritual
Common Wiggler

Post by itsritual » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:06 am

Midi Hardware Mideco. Converts MIDI to 24 trigger/gate/signals for all your triggering needs. This plus an MPC is trigger heaven. AND its only $130!!!

Estes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Estes » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 pm

FrogStar wrote:Any wavefolder!
thanks for the tutorial!

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Estes wrote:Peak & Hold from CG Products just handles trigger inputs super nice to shape your percussion sound.
That is an interseting module. :guinness:
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs, dotcom Q128 for 37.00
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718

henrry
Common Wiggler

Post by henrry » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:59 pm

filtermod wrote:
mdoudoroff wrote:Gatestorm. :hide:

Poor marketing, poor documentation, and the interface is a mixed bag. However, it’s also broadly useful—I use it in at least 99% of my patches—and all that CV support means that it’s not merely planted at the beginning of the chain.
Don't hide! I use mine all the time, but I do have a love/hate relationship with it. One of my major gripes is the way it handles syncing to external clock. If they can get that sorted in a future firmware update I think my love/hate will turn to just love!
What's the matter with syncing the Gatestorm to an external clock? I was seriously thinking of getting it as trigger/gate sequencer to pair with the stillson hammer mkII for live performance to replace the varigate 4 (which lacked mermory presets). I use to synch the eurorack sequencers to my computer running Ableton which sends a clock thanks to ES-8. So a good handling of external clock is crucial to me. Does the Gatestorm simply go out of sync? how does it happen?

Kingnimrod
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kingnimrod » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:32 pm

Octocontoller should be more popular

Return to “Eurorack Modules”