LANDSCAPE AllFlesh

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

nso_music
Common Wiggler

Post by nso_music » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:27 pm

had them for a few days now...definitely takes some getting used to but you can do some really cool performance stuff with them, like controlling every parameter of rings :yay:

guestt

Post by guestt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 pm

That's pretty cool :tu:

jwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jwise » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Is there a list developing somewhere listing optimal devices to use Allflesh with?

Has anyone else received units that are not fitting in any of their jacks?

createsounds
Wiggling with Experience

Post by createsounds » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:59 pm

cool stuff,
much cleaner looking than a severed cable with frayed copper wire hanging out like ratty babydoll hair...

unless yer into that kinda thing....

melittophily
Common Wiggler

Post by melittophily » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:42 am

Built mine this weekend. I'll need to redo a couple, wish I'd read the forum and seen the clothespin trick before.

The ones that work... well they feed everything a blast of ground/AM radio hum before I even touch another pad for source. Sometimes the source will mix in with the noise/hum, sometimes not at all. The noise/hum is stronger than modules' envelope trigger thresholds, thus they're useless to try to send gates/clock over my hand. I tried moistening my fingers, tried pressing the tips of patch cords to the plates, and for a wild guess I put on an anti-static wristband clipped to metal furniture and stood on an anti-static mat, with no luck. I don't have any symptoms of grounding problems or anything else, so who knows? The only thing I can do with it is plug it into a S&H input and use my body as its random source. I expected it to be highly variable etc., but this is super disappointing. Overall I'd say to treat it as a novelty/conceptual product that has a coin toss of usability. Maybe try the patch cord thing and see if you get anything useful out of it first. I let myself get too excited by these.

guestt

Post by guestt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 am

Oh no :(

Just for a bit of balance (because who knows what's going on there?) I had completely the opposite experience, think they are brilliant, no hum or noise, they work perfectly!

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 pm

I use mine with a Ladik trigger-to-MIDI :woah:
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

tcb
Common Wiggler

Post by tcb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:33 pm

just built mine, great fun really... so many uses

noisejockey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by noisejockey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:49 pm

I hate to be That Guy: Would this work with banana cables if one were so inclined to use those plugs over minijack?

xenosapien
Ultra Wiggler

Post by xenosapien » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:27 am

if you can bend the solder tabs on the jacks in the same way as a TS minijack plug, I don´t see why they shouldn´t work.

(banana is a 2-wire-connection just as a tip/sleeve plug as well, right? :hmm: )
may you live in interesting times.

Granny
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Granny » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:26 pm

i have to say this is total crap, it happens so easy that you don't have enough space between the smaller lug and the underside of the body of the plug. im really pissed about this, and don't tell me i can't solder

Granny
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Granny » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:28 pm

now i know why schneiders laden don't want to sell them

mantid
Common Wiggler

Post by mantid » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 pm

These arrived today (from Thonk) and are a ton of fun. I've only made 4 of them so far, and here they are with the Strum and V/Oct on Rings:

Hththt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Hththt » Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am

My last try after hijacking several threads

I just want to find a small hp way of using these to trigger sample slices in a small sampler module (w/) wich is Cv controllable.

I am having a hard time finding sth that spits a combined CV out of the trigger signals and lets me dial the voltages per pad to correspond to a slice.

I thought a Vca/mixer simple or frames would let me. Doesnt seem that way.

I could probably go ladik trigger to midi and convert that to Cv but what the heck....do i really need to digitalise first. No idea if that would inflict latency and i d prefer to keep it all pure voltages

What would you guys use for this application?

mantid
Common Wiggler

Post by mantid » Thu May 03, 2018 8:17 am

I don't think these will be your best bet as voltage through them is unreliable and seems like it could change per-day based on skin and atmospheric conditions. These can work fine as triggers, if you have a solid constant source of voltage (like a VCA turned up), but for a _specific_ voltage, you're going to want to look elsewhere.

Hththt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Hththt » Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 am

I wouldnt mind plugging them into a Mixer/vca if thats what you meant?

But yeah i would need repeatable dialed in voltage to reliable trigger samples that way. I was thinking the amplification/attenuation would take actual care of the specific voltage while the pads would be just the simple trigger?

I may have misunderstood you

mantid
Common Wiggler

Post by mantid » Thu May 03, 2018 9:10 pm

In my tests, these do work pretty reliably as triggers - I thought you were talking about reliably sending something like volt-per-octave signals (or in your case, using a specific frequency to select a sample). If you just need to hit "go" on the unit, this is absolutely what these are great at!

southberry
Wiggling with Experience

Post by southberry » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:32 pm

just ordered a few and I can't wait to try them.
I can imagine a lot of cool things to do with it. On some demoes, I've seen people messing with them (like one demo on a ø coast) and combining multiple outputs into multiples inputs ? :hmm:

Isn't it dangerous for the modules ? isn't like mixing gates into a stackable ? (something I believe is wrong ....)

f33d
Wiggling with Experience

Post by f33d » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:12 pm

I built 2 so far and both have the Hum/Grounding-Issue - I guess because the small lug touches the case of the plug, like we are warned in the DIY-tutorial. Somebody has any tipps how to avoid it? I tried really hard and still got it wrong. There is like 0,5mm space & a very wiggly little lug and solder... I wonder how anyone gets it right.
:hmm:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”