Qu-Bit Nebulae v2

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

danishchairs
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Qu-Bit Nebulae v2

Post by danishchairs » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:58 pm

autopilote wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:33 pm
can anyone tell me how the flash drive for the nebulae is supposed to be organized (files/folders)? i was going to try a few of the alternate instruments, and realized that my drive has no instruments anywhere on it. just samples in the root directory. i wasnt sure where to put the .instr and .pd files
Put alternative .instr or .pd files on the root directory of the flash drive. Insert the flash drive with the module powered down. When the module powers up, it will copy the alternative instruments to the module.

More information in the manual.

Sound precedes music | Instruments for Neb2 module

autopilote
Learning to Wiggle

Post by autopilote » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:28 pm

danishchairs wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:58 pm
autopilote wrote:
can anyone tell me how the flash drive for the nebulae is supposed to be organized (files/folders)? i was going to try a few of the alternate instruments, and realized that my drive has no instruments anywhere on it. just samples in the root directory. i wasnt sure where to put the .instr and .pd files
Put alternative .instr or .pd files on the root directory of the flash drive. Insert the flash drive with the module powered down. When the module powers up, it will copy the alternative instruments to the module.

More information in the manual.
perfect, thank you!

Mkeys
Common Wiggler

Post by Mkeys » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 pm

Has anyone else had issues loading files from a usb thumb drive other than the one that came with the nebulae?

I am running the latest firmware on the nebulae v2. Everything works as it should if I am using the factory usb stick; however The nebulae gets stuck in an infinite cycle of booting and loading files whenever I try a different usb drive. The drive I am trying to load contains just under 75mb of files and is formatted fat32. The manual says drives should be formatted fat32 however the factory drive is formatted fat16 which I have never heard of.

Also somewhat related it seems as if the factory usb stick is somehow corrupted. It won’t let me load more than 30ish mb of files onto it in spite of having over 400mb of free space. This issue didn’t crop up until I started trying to load non factory samples onto it.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Find any work around?

Thanks in advance.

scragz
Common Wiggler

Post by scragz » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Mkeys wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 pm
I don't blame you for not reading 50 pages of this thread but I do recall numerous complaints about the Nebulae2 being fussy about flash drives. Best bet is to try another drive.

Mkeys
Common Wiggler

Post by Mkeys » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:19 pm

scragz wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 pm
Mkeys wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 pm
I don't blame you for not reading 50 pages of this thread but I do recall numerous complaints about the Nebulae2 being fussy about flash drives. Best bet is to try another drive.
Thanks, I did a couple searches and didn’t find anything fruitful. And yeah 50 pages of discussion was a bit daunting. Glad to know it’s not just me having issues. I’ll have to see if I can find a few more drives to try I guess.

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:17 am

I´ve begun to use microSd cards with a USB-microSD card adapter ( i use san disk adaptors and sandisk or transcent or kingston micro sd cards)
this works for me with the nebulae2 also.

i´ve not loaded .instr files or so this way.
Its just my new easy way to have different sample sets at hand, or a own card for recordings.
But i´d suggest to see this as a possible option. ( using microSD cards plus USB adapter )
since several modules in modularland use microSD is it not that bad anyway to have some microSD cards at hand ;)
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
lowered prices: Dotcom Q960: 650.- / Q119: 420 / ( i also have one or much likely two 19" Frames)
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 830.-, like new, quasi unused.

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:06 am

Huh, I had no problems using an ultra cheap promo USB drive that was swag from some convention.

vantablack
Common Wiggler

Post by vantablack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:26 am

autopilote wrote:
There should be a row of shortcuts to most directories up top if you are using a browser
edit; saw the post from notifications. my mistake

Return to “Eurorack Modules”