Eventide Euro DDL

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Ptbarnum
Common Wiggler

Post by Ptbarnum » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:14 pm

Answering myself, it’s by design

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Ptbarnum wrote:Answering myself, it’s by design
Oh really, so if you give it a clock you need to CV the clock rather than the module giving you the ability to divide/multiply the repeats?

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:46 pm

TemplarK wrote:
Ptbarnum wrote:Answering myself, it’s by design
Oh really, so if you give it a clock you need to CV the clock rather than the module giving you the ability to divide/multiply the repeats?

You can divide/multiply with the "Multiply" button if memory serves

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Just got mine back from Eventide's excellent customer service and looked at the back and noticed there's two jumpers labeled "soft clip" and "feedback limit". No explanation in the manual. A bit scared to try to mess with them. Anyone know what they do?

Octavian
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Eventide Euro DDL

Post by Octavian » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Anybody know what the latest firmware version is? My module just says "4" when I check it in the system menu

Octavian
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Octavian » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:51 pm

Also: I'm emailing Eventide as well but just in case there's some knowledge here: does anybody know what the jumpers on the back do? There's no documentation on them. One says "FB LIMIT" and the other says "SFT CLIP", which sounds fairly simple where once limits the feedback amount and the other adds a soft clip, but I have no idea what kind of change happens when I move the jumper from one position to another.

Thanks,

Orville71
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Orville71 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi everybody, I work for Eventide and thought I'd chime in.

1) The Soft-Clip jumper enables the soft clip circuit when the jumper is installed. Soft-clipping applies to the delay line input, after the feedback signal is summed in. This can be used as an effect by driving the input hard enough to engage the soft-clip. It also acts to limit the signal when high feedback levels overdrive the delay line in order to minimize the harshness of hard-clipping the delay line input.

2) The Feedback Limiter jumper enables a limiter (separate from the soft-clip) on just the feedback signal. This limiter keeps the feedback signal to a reasonable level when the feedback control is set to high levels. This keeps the feedback from swamping the input signal and over-driving the delay line.

By default, these are both enabled (jumpers installed), but one or both can be removed if a different sound quality at high input/feedback levels is desired.

The latest firmware is available now using the Eventide Device Manager which you can get here:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/p ... installers

Octavian
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Octavian » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Orville71 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:10 pm
Hi everybody, I work for Eventide and thought I'd chime in.

1) The Soft-Clip jumper enables the soft clip circuit when the jumper is installed. Soft-clipping applies to the delay line input, after the feedback signal is summed in. This can be used as an effect by driving the input hard enough to engage the soft-clip. It also acts to limit the signal when high feedback levels overdrive the delay line in order to minimize the harshness of hard-clipping the delay line input.

2) The Feedback Limiter jumper enables a limiter (separate from the soft-clip) on just the feedback signal. This limiter keeps the feedback signal to a reasonable level when the feedback control is set to high levels. This keeps the feedback from swamping the input signal and over-driving the delay line.

By default, these are both enabled (jumpers installed), but one or both can be removed if a different sound quality at high input/feedback levels is desired.

The latest firmware is available now using the Eventide Device Manager which you can get here:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/p ... installers
Hi, I've got the Euro DDL plugged in to mini USB and power, the Eventide Device Manager shows "Product unidentified" then when I click OK the program simply closes, so i'm not sure what firmware version my module has or if the current version is the most up to date. Can you please advise?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Orville71
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Orville71 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:46 pm

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The team has just fixed this and a new version of the device manager is now available online. V1.2 should work for you.

Mac: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/d ... ager-macos

Win: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/d ... er-windows

soul
Common Wiggler

Post by soul » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:23 am

Yes, thank you for this! Just tested the device manager 1.2 in OSX Catalina and won't recognize the DDL, but it worked like a charm in Win 10. Cheers!

Octavian
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Octavian » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm

Eventide Euro DDL Owners,

I've created a 2-page parameter grid that more clearly outlines the Buttons and hidden/alternate modes in the Euro DDL. While this doesn't explain the jacks or technical specs since those are already available in Eventide's quick start guide, here you can find better explanations of the button functionality and menus. A couple of notable things not included in the Eventide documentation are:

1) a list of Sample Rate Divisions vs. Sample Rate (kHz) vs. Available Delay Times
2) a table of available Tap Button Divisions, to better understand how each delay subdivision is "chopping" up the tapped tempo
3) Fixed a typo in the Eventide quick start manual for Factory Reset procedure
4) Details on back panel jumpers, missing from Eventide documentation (info was obtained in an email thread with their support people)

Excel Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/szrl9nv9ivj10 ... .xlsx?dl=0

PDF Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/897ts7za1i5ip ... d.pdf?dl=0

Enjoy!

soul
Common Wiggler

Post by soul » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:08 am

Gracias!

hackrobat
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hackrobat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Octavian wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm
Eventide Euro DDL Owners,

I've created a 2-page parameter grid that more clearly outlines the Buttons and hidden/alternate modes in the Euro DDL. While this doesn't explain the jacks or technical specs since those are already available in Eventide's quick start guide, here you can find better explanations of the button functionality and menus. A couple of notable things not included in the Eventide documentation are:

1) a list of Sample Rate Divisions vs. Sample Rate (kHz) vs. Available Delay Times
2) a table of available Tap Button Divisions, to better understand how each delay subdivision is "chopping" up the tapped tempo
3) Fixed a typo in the Eventide quick start manual for Factory Reset procedure
4) Details on back panel jumpers, missing from Eventide documentation (info was obtained in an email thread with their support people)

Excel Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/szrl9nv9ivj10 ... .xlsx?dl=0

PDF Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/897ts7za1i5ip ... d.pdf?dl=0

Enjoy!
Thanks! :cloud:

desdinova
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desdinova » Fri May 08, 2020 9:17 pm

Anyone else's have clock noise? Almost reminds me of old BBD clock honestly, it's not pleasant. Happens powered by switching or linear for me.

Orville71
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Orville71 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 am

desdinova wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:17 pm
Anyone else's have clock noise? Almost reminds me of old BBD clock honestly, it's not pleasant. Happens powered by switching or linear for me.
Hello, we tried to replicate this but couldn't hear a clock signal on our test unit. Can you let me know the signal chain including clock?

hackrobat
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hackrobat » Fri May 22, 2020 7:49 pm

desdinova wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:17 pm
:cloud: I've been rocking a EuroDDL with zero issues for around a year. It's a really realllly good delay. It's always been dead silent and reliable for me in my ever changing rack (FWIW - PSUs I've used: uZeus and Intellijel TPS80W Pro). Having said that though, audio equipment is susceptible to a wide variety of noise issues. When I have a noise issue, I go through the painful process of considering and troubleshooting the following (in no particular order):

-power problems (Eurorack psus, house electrical/wiring problems, "dirty power" - lights/tv's/power appliances etcetcetcetc).
-power adapters/plugs being loose or bent and not completely plugged in (I once had my house's refrigerator plug bent, not making proper contact with the wall, and it leaked noise into my synth/DAW system somehow - that took a while to figure out... :( ) I especially would double check your synth/audio chain connections/plugs
-emi, rf noise sources : cellphones, computers, TVs, adjacent appliances, etcetc
-bad cables (audio, midi, power, etc) swap stuff out and go through a process of elimination
-certain combinations of gear will produce noise when used together (some settings on my Timeline delay would make whiny clock type noise when paired with various BBD delays in my audio chain. I never had this problem with the EuroDDL though).
-sometimes gear just is noisy, especially older/vintage stuff
-sometimes gear fails - contact the manufacturer (electrical components can be defective, used gear can have pre-existing issues when you buy it, cats pee on stuff, nothings for sure perfect).

Also, it would probably be worthwhile trying a factory reset on your Euroddl. Good luck and godspeed! :cloud: :cloud:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”