Eventide Euro DDL

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Brennanib
Common Wiggler

Post by Brennanib » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Couldn't you just mult the signal for a dual mono thing?

7hz
Common Wiggler

Post by 7hz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:02 pm

apfEID wrote:Most if not all of the buttons on the front panel while held down change the context of the main delay time encoder to options, one of these options is the CV range and with that you can quickly change what the Delay CV is mapped to, so it could be +5v is +100 milliseconds and then long press and tweak and now it’s +10 seconds. I don’t have the exact details memorized but it’s very flexible and more precise than an attenuator.
Ooh, that sounds sweet, thanks for the info!

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Anyone actually have one? Looking for opinions on this as I'm really considering pulling the trigger on one and demos are few and far between...

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:21 pm

I couldn’t even get a reply about stocking them ...just gave up in the end :despair:

mattsb
Common Wiggler

Post by mattsb » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:31 pm

If I were them I would give up on it and start over. It was going to be tough enough to compete with the DLD, but up against Magneto it was going to be awkward for an industry leader.

I love my Eventide stompboxes, and would like some CV control over them, but the DDL was not too appealing.

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:09 am

matttech wrote:I couldn’t even get a reply about stocking them ...just gave up in the end :despair:
That's really odd. I wonder why... I feel like this shows they just don't have a good idea of the Euro market. Specialty shops are the most important.

After trying the DLD and the Tapographic at my local shop I'm even more conflicted. The DDL appeals to me for some reason but I wish I could get a better idea of the sound.

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:58 am

Eventide is eating Strymon's dust....

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:12 am

I think Eventide have done the right thing. They haven't just jumped into the market putting a new face on an old pedal, instead they have gone right back to the very basic design and created a very high quality delay in eurorack that sounds great, granted its a more basic functionality, but that is a very high quality product.

They can now build on this great base adding algorithms and CV inputs and bring some very high quality products to Euro. I applaud them for not just diving in and throwing a flashy do it all but cut all the corners product by just giving us the pedals with a euro faceplate. It shows they are serious about giving us a quality item sonically which is what its all about. I have high hopes for Eventides future offerings and that they can remain a really good samplerates.

I think they might even add modules that are pure harmonizers and moduations etc that you just use as inserts with the original great sounding delay like a functioning block of interchangable modules, maybe, i mean it would make sense and they did show multiple DDL's chained together which points that could be the direction they are taking.

Or they could sell none, think its a bad deal and never bring anything else to the Euro table, shame Mattech doesn't stock them though I must admit!

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:09 pm

TemplarK wrote:I think Eventide have done the right thing. They haven't just jumped into the market putting a new face on an old pedal, instead they have gone right back to the very basic design and created a very high quality delay in eurorack that sounds great, granted its a more basic functionality, but that is a very high quality product.

They can now build on this great base adding algorithms and CV inputs and bring some very high quality products to Euro. I applaud them for not just diving in and throwing a flashy do it all but cut all the corners product by just giving us the pedals with a euro faceplate. It shows they are serious about giving us a quality item sonically which is what its all about. I have high hopes for Eventides future offerings and that they can remain a really good samplerates.

I think they might even add modules that are pure harmonizers and moduations etc that you just use as inserts with the original great sounding delay like a functioning block of interchangable modules, maybe, i mean it would make sense and they did show multiple DDL's chained together which points that could be the direction they are taking.

Or they could sell none, think its a bad deal and never bring anything else to the Euro table, shame Mattech doesn't stock them though I must admit!
None of my local shops have it in stock which is odd. Asked about it at AH and they said they'd ordered some last year but hadn't received any yet. Sweetwater seems to be selling them but doesn't hold stock. I didn't even know they were technically released and I'm usually on top of new products. Something is odd about the release on this one. No demo videos, no nothing. I do agree that it's a decent start (although I was surprised they didn't start with a reverb) but I hope they don't do zero marketing and then write euro off as a flop.

natureclubcassettes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by natureclubcassettes » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:50 pm

this seems totally out of touch, honestly. why get this when the DLD has so much more functionality?

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:03 am

natureclubcassettes wrote:this seems totally out of touch, honestly. why get this when the DLD has so much more functionality?
Does it? This one does pitch shifting which opens up a ton of opportunity for different sounds, it has the kill button/trig input which is new, it has analog drive, analog lowpass filter, plus a screen which can be useful. I'm probably going to order one next week as I'm curious about it and I like the features a bit better than its main comparison, the echophon.

mookmoof
Common Wiggler

Post by mookmoof » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:56 am

Zymos wrote:Eventide is eating Strymon's dust....
:hihi: With the H9000 coming out I'd say Eventide is still on top!

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:10 am

mookmoof wrote:
Didn't think I needed to specify,because look where we are having this discussion, but meant in the world of Eurorack.

Until I read that one person had actually used the DDL, I thought it was vaporware. Other than that, no one seems to be able to get one. Meanwhile, Strymon caused a ton of buzz at NAMM, released a dozen videos, took preorders and quickly shipped a product that loads of people are now using.

In totally unrelated news, Eventide is bringing out a $7000 rack processor....

mookmoof
Common Wiggler

Post by mookmoof » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Zymos wrote:
mookmoof wrote:
Didn't think I needed to specify,because look where we are having this discussion, but meant in the world of Eurorack.

Until I read that one person had actually used the DDL, I thought it was vaporware. Other than that, no one seems to be able to get one. Meanwhile, Strymon caused a ton of buzz at NAMM, released a dozen videos, took preorders and quickly shipped a product that loads of people are now using.

In totally unrelated news, Eventide is bringing out a $7000 rack processor....
More like updating the industry standard for best effects box made on the entire planet, a title held since the dawn of digital effects and into the unforeseeable future. Just saying Eventide is still a banging company. And yes, in the year the H9000 is released to say they are eating another effects comany's dust is woodacwist, as Iron Mike used to say :lol: But I'm not personally into their stompboxes, and I can see why you may be more interested in the offerings of some of the other companies. I would happily have a ddl in my rack though too, I must say, and I think it's a sufficient product for entry into the the Euro format.

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Cool story bro!!! :miley:

glennfin
Wiggling with Experience

Post by glennfin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am

I've been a fan (owner) of Eventide rack gear for many years. I've really been hoping that Eventide would get into the Euro market but this is a letdown. I guess I was expecting something a little more advanced from Eventide. Like a Euro version of the eclipse, or similar multi-fx for euro. A mono delay? .... no thanks. :confused:

nolongerhuman
Veteran Wiggler

Post by nolongerhuman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:12 pm

I'd love to spend time with one, and everything about it looks like a quality design, but... yea... mono. That's a huge bummer to me. If it was a stereo delay I'd have pick one up already. As it is, I'd pick a DLD or 2X Chronoblob.

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:15 pm

I've just ordered one. I figure that a really high-quality mono delay will suit me just fine and I really like the looks of it. I'll definitely be posting about it more once I have it and hopefully make some demos with it.

mattsb
Common Wiggler

Post by mattsb » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:53 pm

uniquepersonno2 wrote:I've just ordered one. I figure that a really high-quality mono delay will suit me just fine and I really like the looks of it. I'll definitely be posting about it more once I have it and hopefully make some demos with it.
Notwithstanding what I said above ( and I think a large part of that impression is due to the contrast between the complete suite of awesome demos videos that Strymon put out compared to the "interview the Eventide guy at a trade show" videos available for the DDL) I'd love to hear some good press on this module, as I do love Eventide's stomp boxes.

Please share great sounds...

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:06 pm

mattsb wrote: Please share great sounds...
I'll do my best! I've been wanting to start a video series anyway so this would be a good beginning. It should get here the end of this week so I'll have the weekend to play with it and report back. :yay:

WaveRider
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by WaveRider » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:02 pm

uniquepersonno2 wrote:I've just ordered one. I figure that a really high-quality mono delay will suit me just fine and I really like the looks of it. I'll definitely be posting about it more once I have it and hopefully make some demos with it.
I have a BBD delay but while nice, it has limitations, so I was waiting for a nice delay and this one checked all my wishes, super clean high sampling rate, analog filter, delays from flangers to very very long echoes... did not like most chip based echo modules I heard previously in eurorack.

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:20 pm

WaveRider wrote:
I have a BBD delay but while nice, it has limitations, so I was waiting for a nice delay and this one checked all my wishes, super clean high sampling rate, analog filter, delays from flangers to very very long echoes... did not like most chip based echo modules I heard previously in eurorack.
The little bit I've heard sounded really good on this one. I'll definitely be sharing my experiences with it extensively once I've got it.

makers
Veteran Wiggler

Post by makers » Tue May 15, 2018 6:29 am

TemplarK wrote:I think Eventide have done the right thing. They haven't just jumped into the market putting a new face on an old pedal, instead they have gone right back to the very basic design and created a very high quality delay in eurorack that sounds great, granted its a more basic functionality, but that is a very high quality.
Exactly...

I got one in a rack last night. The design and build quality are superb. Alongside Magneto and Chronoblob this has my favorite simple delay sound so far. The analog low pass filter and feedback circuit sound great.

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:26 pm

[video][/video]

Ptbarnum
Common Wiggler

Post by Ptbarnum » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 pm

I just got one, and I’m trying to figure something out. When I patch in a clock, the delay seems locked in to that time, and won’t do divisions or multiplications of the timing when I adjust those parameters, it always just reverts on the next beat. Is that by design? Hoping not :help:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”