Joranalogue COMPARE 2 - Dual Window Comparator

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

mikmanner
Common Wiggler

Re: Joranalogue COMPARE 2 - Dual Window Comparator

Post by mikmanner » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:03 pm

Here's a patch using the Compare 2 to drive percussion and other musical events based off voltage sent out from a pitch sequencer (Metropolix)

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:22 pm

that was an extremely enjoyable video, well done! you've got a knack for that!

i've clearly been putting off getting one of these for too long.

transistorresistor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by transistorresistor » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:41 am

man, I just watched this looping envelope video and instantly bought one. Never have used comparators before, this should be fun. Gotta say, 25 years ago when I had access to a synthi in my studio, I used to joystick the fuck out of a patch like this and I have been trying to recreate that w my modular setup for the last year w no success, so needless to say, Im excited.

I am however confused:

at 0:35, can anyone shed some light on how the oscillators are patched? Osc A output is patched to Osc B FM input, then the Env output is patched to Osc A V/oct? Pretty sure I got that but can someone check my head? Also, what is switch 4 routing to the shift input in this clip?

Hard to suggest how excited I am to get this module...

joranalogue
Wiggling with Experience

Post by joranalogue » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:14 am

transistorresistor wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:41 am
man, I just watched this looping envelope video and instantly bought one. Never have used comparators before, this should be fun. Gotta say, 25 years ago when I had access to a synthi in my studio, I used to joystick the fuck out of a patch like this and I have been trying to recreate that w my modular setup for the last year w no success, so needless to say, Im excited.

I am however confused:

at 0:35, can anyone shed some light on how the oscillators are patched? Osc A output is patched to Osc B FM input, then the Env output is patched to Osc A V/oct? Pretty sure I got that but can someone check my head? Also, what is switch 4 routing to the shift input in this clip?

Hard to suggest how excited I am to get this module...
Hi, the basic patch notes are in the video description. Here are the details: VCO A to VCA signal input, envelope output to VCA CV input, VCA output to VCO B FM input. AND output to VCO A FM input, XOR output to VCO B FM input. LFO output to S4 input, S4 output to shift CV input.
Joranalogue Audio Design
21st Century Analogue Synthesis—Made in Belgium

https://joranalogue.com/

transistorresistor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by transistorresistor » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:35 am

joranalogue wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:14 am
Hi, the basic patch notes are in the video description. Here are the details: VCO A to VCA signal input, envelope output to VCA CV input, VCA output to VCO B FM input. AND output to VCO A FM input, XOR output to VCO B FM input. LFO output to S4 input, S4 output to shift CV input.
thank you!

michaeljohnson
Common Wiggler

Post by michaeljohnson » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:42 pm

mikmanner wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:03 pm
Here's a patch using the Compare 2 to drive percussion and other musical events based off voltage sent out from a pitch sequencer (Metropolix)

This video was awesome @mikmanner thanks for sharing :sb:
Gonna try setting up my Compare2 in a similar way too this week and see what happens!
drums check ... one two

Return to “Eurorack Modules”