New Module: Rabid Elephant NATURAL GATE

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: New Module: Rabid Elephant NATURAL GATE

Post by Gringo Starr » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:19 pm

PM33AUD wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 pm
but here's what's going on

Hell yes!!! Can’t wait for the Natural Gate and to hear all the new modules. Very cool and very excited! Thanks for the update.
Weed only gives you the illusion that it’s enhancing your creativity.

Shakespeare
Common Wiggler

Post by Shakespeare » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:22 am

Great to hear, thanks!

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:15 am

really excited to hear more of the portal drum, and the utility module too!

guigui
Wiggling with Experience

Post by guigui » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:46 pm

PM33AUD wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 pm
Groovebox is going to go as well but we're still doing the search for solid developers.
I've pre-ordered a NG and I'm anxious to receive mine, but that Groovebox ... :hyper:

BlinkyLights
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BlinkyLights » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:06 pm

Maybe one day I can buy a Natural Gate.

Nutritional Zero
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Nutritional Zero » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:28 pm

Natural Gate is the DeLorean of eurorack. Its arrival heralds a kind of madness from which an industrial culture seldom ultimately recovers. But, because it’s featured in a popular 1980s film, it will always endure in the popular imagination as an emblem of over-engineering, artificial supply and demand relationship, and possibly accidentally dating your own mother as a time traveller in 1955.

Peace!

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Nutritional Zero wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:28 pm
Natural Gate is the DeLorean of eurorack. Its arrival heralds a kind of madness from which an industrial culture seldom ultimately recovers. But, because it’s featured in a popular 1980s film, it will always endure in the popular imagination as an emblem of over-engineering, artificial supply and demand relationship, and possibly accidentally dating your own mother as a time traveller in 1955.
Huh, that's weird. All this time I just thought it was a really nice LPG.

boom blip
Common Wiggler

Post by boom blip » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:57 am

Are any more going to be available besides the last preorder they did? Are there any distributors in the states that will get these? I was broke when the preorders opened and now deeply regret not scrounging the money together to grab one of these at that time.

PM33AUD
Destroyer of BSP

Post by PM33AUD » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:20 pm

Haha, to us it's just a nice LPG too :D But with enough maintenance of floaty-time, who knows what other incidentals come about!

Pre-order windows don't stay open more than a few months, typically, because when they close, we seal the deal on the total quantities for the run. We're getting better and building more units with each batch. Retailers are also getting a bunch more than the original runs. We will have a bunch ready for direct sale soon as they're finished. See the last update for those details.

We only have 2 retailers (Signal Sounds *UK* and SchneidersLaden *EU*) as well as selling direct which is probably the most cost effective option for those in Canada, US, S. America and maybe some other places depending on shipping costs. We do this because of where the markets are and to ease customs nonsense for the customers. Signal Sounds and Schneiders also have show-rooms and are a part of the community in a nice way - you can go to these places and try em out first-hand. It's very unlikely we'll be adding more retailers any time soon as our shipping is very efficient and for domestic sales, the margins just aren't justified for a company like ours where the parts and build costs are relatively high. And I kinda like packing up the boxes and going to the post office. Much more satisfying than when someone else has to do it... within reason of course :D

Thanks & Happy 4th!
Phil

Efudd
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Efudd » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Phil, do you know if preorders currently made at Schneidersladen would be covered by the stock you are expecting to send to them? Signal Sounds doesn't have a preorder up yet, just a note to email them to be notified.

-j

PM33AUD
Destroyer of BSP

Post by PM33AUD » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:38 am

Efudd wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:06 pm
Phil, do you know if preorders currently made at Schneidersladen would be covered by the stock you are expecting to send to them? Signal Sounds doesn't have a preorder up yet, just a note to email them to be notified.
You should reach out to the retailers for the specifics, tbh. From my end, I just build the quantities they order and ship em to them when they're finished. I would imagine they wouldn't take orders for units they cannot fulfil.

Efudd
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Efudd » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Thank you -- I'll verify with Schneidersladen -- I put an order in a couple of weeks back.

-j

boom blip
Common Wiggler

Post by boom blip » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:12 am

Efudd wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:55 pm
Thank you -- I'll verify with Schneidersladen -- I put an order in a couple of weeks back.

-j
They verified to me that it would be filled.

Dragonaut
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:31 am

Still would love to get my hands on a NG after all these years. Portal Drum sounds really good too despite my aversion to dedicated drum modules.

Does anybody have a link to one of those bots that places orders as soon as a product becomes available?
https://soundcloud.com/acaciabridge (IDM, Ambient, Bass, Downtempo)
www.instagram.com/dr_science_phd (synths, hikes, and views.)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”