Serge TKB eurorack by ARC, out now

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Yes Powder
Powder that makes you say "Yes"

Post by Yes Powder » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Anyone know what the deal is? AH and ARC have listed these as "out of stock" for a while now.

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Yes Powder wrote:Anyone know what the deal is? AH and ARC have listed these as "out of stock" for a while now.
I think they're quite popular. Everyone is waiting on the next production run.
Disappointment with any module is usually a failure of imagination.

The story you are about to hear is true.

monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by monads » Thu May 24, 2018 8:13 pm

Looks like Perfect Circuit Audio has some stock currently! Treat yourself to the upcoming Memorial Day holiday and grab before gone!! :party:

okiikahuna
Learning to Wiggle

Post by okiikahuna » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:05 am

I've had one for a couple months now. Works great, my only complaint is there's no manual as yet, but its close enough to the Serge, that you can refer to all the stuff written about the original. Best part is, at $899, its considerably less than you could probably ever get a second hand Serge ( I know, I tried. , and this thing is deep one guy turned down my offer of $1,300, now I'm glad he did take it) And no need to swap out the banana jacks. to make it Eurorack. Really, once you get used to the workflow of just hitting a touchplate to select a stage to tune, its painful going back to having to step through all the stages to get tonthe one you want to tune. And lots of interactive stuff you can do while the sequence is running. And the cv knobs while a bit thin, don't really bother me at all. And its greatfun to put a clock into the vertical clock jack. Now you've got 16 4 note sequences to instantly select by touching a pad.

okiikahuna
Learning to Wiggle

Post by okiikahuna » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:09 am

I've had one for a couple months now. Works great, my only complaint is there's no manual as yet,and thisthing is deep, but its close enough to the Serge, that you can refer to all the stuff written about the original. Best part is, at $899, its considerably less than you could probably ever get a second hand Serge ( I know, I tried, one guy turned down my offer of $1,300, now I'm glad he didn't take it) And no need to swap out the banana jacks. to make it Eurorack. Really, once you get used to the workflow of just hitting a touchplate to select a stage to tune, its painful going back to having to step through all the stages to get tonthe one you want to tune. And lots of interactive stuff you can do while the sequence is running. And the cv knobs while a bit thin, don't really bother me at all. And its greatfun to put a clock into the vertical clock jack. Now you've got 16 4 note sequences to instantly select by touching a pad.

ARC
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ARC » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:35 am

Just wanted to let the forum know that the ARC Serge TKB is currently 20% on sale ($720 instead of $899) for one week only in honor of Labor Day:
https://www.analogueresearch.com/product-page/serge-tkb

NewNewRon
Common Wiggler

Post by NewNewRon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:20 am

ARC wrote:Just wanted to let the forum know that the ARC Serge TKB is currently 20% on sale ($720 instead of $899) for one week only in honor of Labor Day:
https://www.analogueresearch.com/product-page/serge-tkb
Aghhh! Just paid Perfect Circuit $899!

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Woah! :woah: Couldn't pass up the sale. Thanks ARC! This will really wreck havoc on my case tetris! Ordered!

Anyone have a 70hp case around? :hihi:

Yes Powder
Powder that makes you say "Yes"

Re: Serge TKB eurorack by ARC, out now

Post by Yes Powder » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:34 pm

Does anyone know what the trimpots on the underside do? I didn't get a manual with mine, and it seems to be having a problem where it'll skip steps every once in a while. I tried turning off the KB switch to make sure it isn't falsely sensing me touching the pads, but it still happens.
Also, does one of the trimpots maybe affect the Pressure sensing of the pads? My understanding of the original Serge TKB is that the Pressure out is supposed to output in proportion to how much of your finger is pressed on the pad. The output on mine goes to 5V, no matter how gently I touch it.

caetanosfur
Learning to Wiggle

Post by caetanosfur » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 pm

Can one of these trimpots alter the distance btwn the KV steps? I want to set it to whole tones.

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Yes Powder wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:34 pm
Also, does one of the trimpots maybe affect the Pressure sensing of the pads? My understanding of the original Serge TKB is that the Pressure out is supposed to output in proportion to how much of your finger is pressed on the pad. The output on mine goes to 5V, no matter how gently I touch it.
I spoke to ARC when I first bought my TKB and the pressure is either on or off. Not pressure sensitive like a pressure points. I'm not familiar with the actual function of an original serge TKB.
FS (US): Noise Engineering Loquelic Iteritas Percido - The Beast

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:59 pm

This original serge does have variable pressure, surprised the ARC TKB does not:
The capacitive keys have a pressure output that produce a voltage proportional to the key area your finger covers.
Taken from :
http://www.serge-fans.com/wiz_seq.htm
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Eurorack Modules”