Why are Perfect Circuit’s shipping prices so ridiculous?!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

unitard
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Why are Perfect Circuit’s shipping prices so ridiculous?!

Post by unitard » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Dine with Perfect Circuit!

They have a restaurant now, too?
...with main courses including Skittles, Starburst, Twizzlers, or caramel apple lollypops. And sometimes an actual phillips mini screwdriver. (Yes, I happily order from PC often and appreciate the added sweet treats.)

PS: If you want your PC purchase delivered quicker than their free USPS shipping, the PC expedited shipping has always seemed unusually expensive to me too. And I never would order a "coming soon" item from them or anyone without inquiring what "soon" actually means.
Last edited by unitard on Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

everydaycurry
Common Wiggler

Post by everydaycurry » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:08 pm

I don't like the "coming soon" out of stock message so I won't backorder anything with them but other than that I've had no issues. I bought a 'used' VC340 that was only listed on the Reverb store and it arrived still factory sealed.

Also they included a little bag of Haribo Gummy Bears which beats the Sweetwater candy by miles.

Whatisvalis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Whatisvalis » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:20 am

everydaycurry wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:08 pm
I don't like the "coming soon" out of stock message so I won't backorder anything with them but other than that I've had no issues. I bought a 'used' VC340 that was only listed on the Reverb store and it arrived still factory sealed.

Also they included a little bag of Haribo Gummy Bears which beats the Sweetwater candy by miles.
I'd love to know the percentage of folks who eat the candy versus tossing it. Packing peanuts, candy and shop stickers are unfortunately destined for the landfill or some lucky soul on the used market.

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:18 am

I trash the candy (except maybe Starburst if they don’t seem too old) and keep all the other crap (stickers, etc)in the box, which I usually end of trashing too (well, recycling at least). It’s kind of funny how people will pay hundreds of dollars for gear and get excited about a few cents worth of junk.

scuto
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scuto » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:53 am

Stickers are fun! Do you hate fun?!

;)

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:48 am

I’m saving up all the candy, stickers and packs of M3 screws to put in a big bowl for next Halloween. PCA is a decent place to order from, in my experience—as long as you understand how they work. For almost all my recent pre-orders, they’ve shipped within 48 hours of receiving the modules from the distributor/manufacturer. Just bought a Brenso, and they posted the expected ship date on the product page-and it was spot on. Would love to see them do more of that—the way Control is great about posting expected shipping windows.

everydaycurry
Common Wiggler

Post by everydaycurry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Haribos are the only candy I eat so the Sweetwater candy just gets given away or trashed.

Stickers go in the recycling bin.

casciato
Learning to Wiggle

Post by casciato » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:26 pm

Whatisvalis wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:20 am
everydaycurry wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:08 pm

I'd love to know the percentage of folks who eat the candy versus tossing it. Packing peanuts, candy and shop stickers are unfortunately destined for the landfill or some lucky soul on the used market.
I eat the candy. Not right away, but eventually I get high enough and eat it.

Stickers go on the side of my rack. Beats looking at unvarying black metal.
Look at pictures of my synths and tape recorders and hear the sounds at my Instagram

Return to “Eurorack Modules”