Why are Perfect Circuit’s shipping prices so ridiculous?!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Foghorn » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:57 pm

I usually only order from PC or Analogue Haven as they always treat me good, but most of my recent orders have been from Ladik.
Interesting story, I recently received a Ladik order, but the post office made me specially apply for a redelivery as there was no one to sign for the package when they tried to deliver it.
The odd thing is they opened the package and inspected it.
I guess a box of electronics from the Czech Republic raises some eyebrows these days.
Ladik's packages sometimes get to me faster than either PC or AH.

Foghorn
I'm not sure what's going on, but, well ah crap..what now?
.......Not really a musician.......

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:05 am

mookmoof wrote:+1 for Perfect Circuit and Control
Me too and Foxtone on occasion. I am able to stop into PCA and 'will call' my orders though. I hit Noisebug up for big stuff sometimes and head into Pomona.

I find Control Brooklyn the surest and fastest at shipping and internet trustworthiness.

Nice to have so many choices.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

Ranstedt
Common Wiggler

Post by Ranstedt » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:19 am

Good to know about DM matching PC's prices.

I'm in Cali and never purchase from PC due to tax since it negates whatever savings I might get during a sale.

I should have thought of this myself since DM just matched for me a 20% Reverb sale.

phase ghost
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Why are Perfect Circuit’s shipping prices so ridiculous?

Post by phase ghost » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm

insoul8 wrote:Amazon is free shipping and almost always arrives within two days
Maybe if you have Amazon Prime. If you don't have it, they take a full week (or more) to get items to you. I suspect they are intentionally delaying shipments to try and force you into a prime membership. I'm two days ground UPS (or Fedex or Priority) from a bunch of fulfillment centers.

The quickest I received my last few orders has been a full week (they were all fulfilled by Amazon). I'm over Amazon, to be honest. It took them 11 days to get me a car part a few months ago. I could've fuckin' walked to New Jersey to get it.

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Why are Perfect Circuit’s shipping prices so ridiculous?

Post by insoul8 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:52 pm

phase ghost wrote:
insoul8 wrote:Amazon is free shipping and almost always arrives within two days
Maybe if you have Amazon Prime. If you don't have it, they take a full week (or more) to get items to you. I suspect they are intentionally delaying shipments to try and force you into a prime membership. I'm two days ground UPS (or Fedex or Priority) from a bunch of fulfillment centers.

The quickest I received my last few orders has been a full week (they were all fulfilled by Amazon). I'm over Amazon, to be honest. It took them 11 days to get me a car part a few months ago. I could've fuckin' walked to New Jersey to get it.
It’s besides the point I guess anyway but no, I do not have prime and my orders almost always get to me in 2 days with the free shipping. Not the best comparison to use with PC though as amazon has distribution centers all over.

facklr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by facklr » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:13 pm

Someone has probably already said it on this thread, but it is by no means fair to compare everyone else's shipping time to Amazon's. Amazon has special deals and arrangements and even their own delivery service to insure speedy delivery. They do this so people will buy from them first every time and they don't care if the lose money.

Are you on the East coast? PC is on the West. Whenever I order from the West coast, I know it will take a while, even though I am in the Midwest.

Don't forget that ground shipping means that--the entire way--the package is inside a truck that has tires that roll along the ground.

I would also bet that other West coast stores take comparable time in shipping. Analogue Haven, Control Voltage, etc. all have free shipping as well. Detroit modular has free shipping.

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:19 pm

facklr wrote:Someone has probably already said it on this thread, but it is by no means fair to compare everyone else's shipping time to Amazon's. Amazon has special deals and arrangements and even their own delivery service to insure speedy delivery. They do this so people will buy from them first every time and they don't care if the lose money.

Are you on the East coast? PC is on the West. Whenever I order from the West coast, I know it will take a while, even though I am in the Midwest.

Don't forget that ground shipping means that--the entire way--the package is inside a truck that has tires that roll along the ground.

I would also bet that other West coast stores take comparable time in shipping. Analogue Haven, Control Voltage, etc. all have free shipping as well. Detroit modular has free shipping.
Yea, I know. I just stated in my last post that it wasn’t a good comparison. I also order from Newegg (better comparison- also in CA) all the time and they get to me in 2 days generally with free shipping. Obviously they aren’t using ground and PC is so that’s the difference. The original post was more about why it would cost an additional $70 to use two day shipping. It’s a ridiculous up charge and I don’t appreciate it. I’d happily pay the actual 2 day shipping cost if it were what it should be. As it stands now, I still don’t have my PC order and Tuesday will mark 2 weeks just as it has been every time in the past.

spukhaft
Common Wiggler

Post by spukhaft » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Data point: I order Clouds from them on Wednesday, and it shipped Friday. I used their free shipping. I'm sure it will take a week across country, but that's fine.

franman69
Veteran Wiggler

Post by franman69 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 pm

I just go with the free shipping. At this point, there's no module that I'm getting from pc that I have to have in a hurry. Prices are great, always Thanks10, and I don't care if it takes a week or more. I love pc.

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 am

franman69 wrote:I just go with the free shipping. At this point, there's no module that I'm getting from pc that I have to have in a hurry. Prices are great, always Thanks10, and I don't care if it takes a week or more. I love pc.
I feel you on that more or less but I have my limits. Shit, I'm still waiting on a replacement item (from something doa i received) that should have shipped out to me on the 20th.

facklr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by facklr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 am

insoul8 wrote:
franman69 wrote:I just go with the free shipping. At this point, there's no module that I'm getting from pc that I have to have in a hurry. Prices are great, always Thanks10, and I don't care if it takes a week or more. I love pc.
I feel you on that more or less but I have my limits. Shit, I'm still waiting on a replacement item (from something doa i received) that should have shipped out to me on the 20th.
I'm sure the shipping time is beyond their control. Have you tried calling them? Or is this just another one of those "smear the good name of a business on the Internet because you aren't 100% satisfied" posts.

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:33 am

facklr wrote:
insoul8 wrote:
I'm sure the shipping time is beyond their control. Have you tried calling them? Or is this just another one of those "smear the good name of a business on the Internet because you aren't 100% satisfied" posts.
Last time I spoke to them they were "doing their best" to get the items shipped in a timely manner. My original post was just about the cost of faster shipping and how it was way out of whack- $70 to get 2-day. Ridiculous.

But hey, since when are we not supposed to make our experiences known regarding different vendors? This has been my experience time and time again with PC but i keep going back for their prices. Because of this thread, I learned that DM will likely match prices and are better to work with in some people's view. I will give them a try next time.

Do you consider it exemplary service to have ordered something on Nov 8, have it be DOA and still not have the replacement as of this morning?

GNE
Wiggling with Experience

Post by GNE » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:56 am

When I check the cost of shipping a box from the east coast to the west coast online, I get a cost of $66.86 for 2 day air using Fedex. [ 12x12x12, 5 pounds, $300 insurance, no signature ]

It might make it in 3 days from the west coast to east coast using USPS priority mail, which is a lot cheaper. Doing that would require a daily pickup from the post office [ completely unreliable ] or sending an employee to the post office everyday. [ cost money to send employees across town ]

Perfect Circuit has the best prices, best sales, great deals on demos, and free shipping. Well worth a couple day wait when I consider the savings. I buy almost everything from them.

facklr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by facklr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 am

insoul8 wrote:
facklr wrote:
insoul8 wrote:
Last time I spoke to them they were "doing their best" to get the items shipped in a timely manner. My original post was just about the cost of faster shipping and how it was way out of whack- $70 to get 2-day. Ridiculous.

But hey, since when are we not supposed to make our experiences known regarding different vendors? This has been my experience time and time again with PC but i keep going back for their prices. Because of this thread, I learned that DM will likely match prices and are better to work with in some people's view. I will give them a try next time.

Do you consider it exemplary service to have ordered something on Nov 8, have it be DOA and still not have the replacement as of this morning?
I see your points. DM is great to work with. They ship fast and are really nice guys.

yeatsvisitslincoln
Common Wiggler

Post by yeatsvisitslincoln » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 pm

A lot of times, my issue with PCA is the use of FedEx and also needing to sign for stuff. It's practically impossible to know when they'll show up. So then you need to redirect to a drop off point and that just adds another step. I get why they do it, but still. FedEx just seeems to always be slow, too.

USPS is just fine (and happens to to secure on my end).

DM is on my list to order from next time around.

veets
Wiggling with Experience

Post by veets » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:23 pm

I have PCA ship to my office. There's always someone there available to sign.
yeatsvisitslincoln wrote:A lot of times, my issue with PCA is the use of FedEx and also needing to sign for stuff. It's practically impossible to know when they'll show up. So then you need to redirect to a drop off point and that just adds another step. I get why they do it, but still. FedEx just seeems to always be slow, too.

yeatsvisitslincoln
Common Wiggler

Post by yeatsvisitslincoln » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:50 pm

veets wrote:I have PCA ship to my office. There's always someone there available to sign.
yeatsvisitslincoln wrote:A lot of times, my issue with PCA is the use of FedEx and also needing to sign for stuff. It's practically impossible to know when they'll show up. So then you need to redirect to a drop off point and that just adds another step. I get why they do it, but still. FedEx just seeems to always be slow, too.

Used to do that when I could, but I don't have that luxury anymore, unfortunately. Not the biggest deal in the world, just a victim of needing instant gratification :bang:

Wiggling with Experience

Post by 61050 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm

perfect circuit gets 80% of my business. i shopped with them all the time before i got into modular. the sales guys there were actually pretty instrumental in helping me get started actually. i ordered a voltage block on black friday, shipped on monday, got it thursday up in portland. can't complain. if i need something asap, i'll likely just make the 20 min drive to control voltage. really, the only time i dont buy from them is if they don't have what im looking for in stock.

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:03 pm

PCA has ludicrously fast shipping for me. Fed Ex option, provided the item is in stock, I can order one day and have it on my desk next morning in Toronto Canada

Parnelli
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Parnelli » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 pm

I always ship free .

Always.

I get stuff from PCA on a regular basis, and it usually arrives within 3-4 business days. I use free shipping from DM and other places out east and I generally get my stuff within 4-5 business days.

I do know that there have been a few times recently where I have ordered something but it didn't actually leave the shop for a day or two. My last 2 USPS orders were both a day late, probably the holiday season.

There was once last spring when I ordered a mult, and I got a message saying it was delivered, but I never got it. I called and they sent another one, which arrived within a few business days. They only charged me for one, so when the first one I had ordered arrived in my mailbox 6 weeks later I called them and had them charge me for it, it would have been more of a pain to send it back than it was worth.

Free shipping has been good to me thus far, but I hate to wait! Unfortunately I would have to drive for an entire day just to get to a store that sells modular....

wavedepletion
Common Wiggler

Post by wavedepletion » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:41 pm

removed
Last edited by wavedepletion on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:53 pm

that's weird. because in my hood it's all about that USPS. FedEx and UPS are not only days slower, they ALWAYS say they tried to deliver when i'm home all day and it tacks on another day or two.

USPS is rock solid out here.

rock. solid. BUTTS.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

spukhaft
Common Wiggler

Post by spukhaft » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:09 pm

Ordered last Wednesday from PCA, opted from free shipping, and I got it today! (Monday).

Meanwhile, I ordered a skiff and some cables from Sweetwater. They are usually great, but it took them 3 days just to tell me that one of the cables is not in stock, so they were planning to wait on shipping when the cable arrived....in mid December? WTF?! Are you kidding me? They still have not shipped. I'm going to rage table flip on someone soon.

arthurdent
Veteran Wiggler

Post by arthurdent » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 pm

arthurdent wrote:I placed an order with PCA on the 22nd, all items were listed as being in stock. As of Nov 29th, I still had not received any confirmation of shipping so I called to get an update. I was told that they were backed up because of the holiday but the package was expected to ship the next day, Nov 30th. As of Dec 1st., the order is still listed as being "in process" so it hasn't even made it off of the dock yet.
So as of this morning, my order was STILL listed as being in process so I called PCA and I was told that they were still backed up because of the holiday sales. Even if the package had gone out today, shipping from CA to OH would be 4-5 business days. So I cancelled the order with PCA and ordered the item from DM, should have it by Thursday this week at the latest, more likely it will be here Wednesday. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, or the alignment of the planets when my order came in :despair: :despair: :despair:

arthurdent
Veteran Wiggler

Post by arthurdent » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 pm

behndy wrote:that's weird. because in my hood it's all about that USPS. FedEx and UPS are not only days slower, they ALWAYS say they tried to deliver when i'm home all day and it tacks on another day or two.

USPS is rock solid out here.
USPS deliveries work well for me too, my only complaint with them is that their tracking sucks, it doesn't always get updated as a package transfers from place to place. Ordered something once, received a note from the vendor that the label had been generated, never heard anything again until the package showed up 4 days later. USPS tracking claimed that, although the label had been generated, they had not yet received the package.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”