Why are Perfect Circuit’s shipping prices so ridiculous?!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

spukhaft
Common Wiggler

Post by spukhaft » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:54 pm

Weird. Read my post above. I'm in Columbus.
arthurdent wrote:
arthurdent wrote:I placed an order with PCA on the 22nd, all items were listed as being in stock. As of Nov 29th, I still had not received any confirmation of shipping so I called to get an update. I was told that they were backed up because of the holiday but the package was expected to ship the next day, Nov 30th. As of Dec 1st., the order is still listed as being "in process" so it hasn't even made it off of the dock yet.
So as of this morning, my order was STILL listed as being in process so I called PCA and I was told that they were still backed up because of the holiday sales. Even if the package had gone out today, shipping from CA to OH would be 4-5 business days. So I cancelled the order with PCA and ordered the item from DM, should have it by Thursday this week at the latest, more likely it will be here Wednesday. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, or the alignment of the planets when my order came in :despair: :despair: :despair:

arthurdent
Veteran Wiggler

Post by arthurdent » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:31 am

SeattleDucati wrote:Weird. Read my post above. I'm in Columbus.
arthurdent wrote:
arthurdent wrote:I placed an order with PCA on the 22nd, all items were listed as being in stock. As of Nov 29th, I still had not received any confirmation of shipping so I called to get an update. I was told that they were backed up because of the holiday but the package was expected to ship the next day, Nov 30th. As of Dec 1st., the order is still listed as being "in process" so it hasn't even made it off of the dock yet.
So as of this morning, my order was STILL listed as being in process so I called PCA and I was told that they were still backed up because of the holiday sales. Even if the package had gone out today, shipping from CA to OH would be 4-5 business days. So I cancelled the order with PCA and ordered the item from DM, should have it by Thursday this week at the latest, more likely it will be here Wednesday. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, or the alignment of the planets when my order came in :despair: :despair: :despair:
Yeah, that's weird 'cause I'm in a 'burb on the east side of Cleveland. Maybe it's the size of the package; don't know what you bought but I ordered a case, Pittsburgh EP-420, fairly large compared to a module or two. DUNNO, not gonna worry about it now.

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Fyi, the replacement for an order I placed in the beginning of November that arrived doa still has not shipped from PCA. It has been in stock since I reported the issue. I asked them if they could at least expedite the shipping so I might have it before the weekend. They said they would not. That right there is why I very well may not shop with them again in the future.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:51 pm

yeah. i don't like the slow shipping speed, but the amount of time it takes to GET shipped is what grates the most. i placed an order on Monday, it has still not gone out.

but oof. i would NOT be happy if i received a dead item and didna feel like i was taken care of.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:30 pm

huh. and they responded to my enquiry, said that they are waiting for the Quad Gate Delay to be back in stock. which, whatever. i don't NEED it right now. but it did say it was in stock when i ordered.

HUH.

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:21 am

behndy wrote:yeah. i don't like the slow shipping speed, but the amount of time it takes to GET shipped is what grates the most. i placed an order on Monday, it has still not gone out.

but oof. i would NOT be happy if i received a dead item and didna feel like i was taken care of.
Yea, I have realized that is the real issue. They can take upwards of a week to get stuff out the door. Oh, I still don’t have my replacement. Lol

raffivegas
Learning to Wiggle

Post by raffivegas » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:21 pm

wish I had read this before I placed my order with PC. Ordered my first modular gear, $638 order, which isn't trivial for me, on Saturday. Sent them an email yesterday asking when to expect the order to go out. No response yet, order is still processing. There are people here arguing in favor of the "small boutique shop", with sentiments like "cut em a break" or "screw Amazon, the physical PC shop is amazing and the people there are great", or even "you chose free shipping, suck it up".

This would all be fine n dandy if there was a disclaimer next to the free shipping option saying the seller would ship the items whenever they got around to it. I'm paying over $600, I'm expecting my order to ship within a business day or two. I don't care what the shipping price was. I would've placed my order elsewhere if I knew I was going to wait possibly an extra week to get my stuff. It should say 2-7 days + 2-7 day processing time, then I would have a clear understanding of what to expect.

I know it's a bit soon to tell if I'm going to wait a while, since I only just ordered it on Saturday, but I'm getting the sinking feeling I won't have gear this week, and possibly even next week. Anyway, slightly irritated, hope they deliver.

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pighood » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Any order over $100 gets free FedEx Ground, so huh
*phnert*

luketeaford
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by luketeaford » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 pm

raffivegas wrote:This would all be fine n dandy if there was a disclaimer next to the free shipping option saying the seller would ship the items whenever they got around to it. I'm paying over $600, I'm expecting my order to ship within a business day or two.
If you order during the busiest period in ecommerce (thanksgiving week through "cyber monday"), you might expect slower order processing because of the volume of orders. Perfect Circuit probably doesn't have a huge team fulfilling orders around the clock :despair:

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 pm

I'm in NJ and at most, the free shipping takes a week...

If Control is running the same 10% off and has the same item in stock, I'll order there, as it will usually get to me in a couple of days.

If you're in DC, try Chuck Levin's in Maryland. They don't have all eurorack brands, but they cut me a great deal on a pair of Intellijel 7u 104hp stealth cases with free shipping.

They have stuff on Reverb with the option to make an offer so you can try that for a discount...

https://reverb.com/shop/chuck-levins-wa ... price|desc
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=229687

pekbro
Common Wiggler

Post by pekbro » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:56 pm

2-3 days PC to maui via USPS. Conversely, shipping from the east coast is
expensive and slow for me. Pretty much I limit my purchases to the west coast.

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:07 pm

A week and a couple days... like you’re in triage and need your module tomorrow.
“no matter how fine you grind the dead meat, you’ll not bring it to life again“

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pighood » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:23 pm

exper wrote:
If you're in DC, try Chuck Levin's in Maryland. They don't have all eurorack brands, but they cut me a great deal on a pair of Intellijel 7u 104hp stealth cases with free shipping.
I live 6 miles from that joint.
*phnert*

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:31 pm

Pighood wrote:
exper wrote:
It's far for me still, but I might pop down the next time they have a demo/meetup like they recently had...
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=229687

adaris
Wiggling with Experience

Post by adaris » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 pm

exper wrote:
Pighood wrote:
exper wrote:
It's far for me still, but I might pop down the next time they have a demo/meetup like they recently had...
I live 10 minutes from there, I even worked there for about a year and a half in the mid-nineties. Dropped in about a year ago when I first got into eurorack to buy a mult, there were actually still some people working there that I knew.

Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Foghorn » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:24 am

raffivegas wrote: This would all be fine n dandy if there was a disclaimer next to the free shipping option saying the seller would ship the items whenever they got around to it. I'm paying over $600, I'm expecting my order to ship within a business day or two. I don't care what the shipping price was. I would've placed my order elsewhere if I knew I was going to wait possibly an extra week to get my stuff. It should say 2-7 days + 2-7 day processing time, then I would have a clear understanding of what to expect.

I know it's a bit soon to tell if I'm going to wait a while, since I only just ordered it on Saturday, but I'm getting the sinking feeling I won't have gear this week, and possibly even next week. Anyway, slightly irritated, hope they deliver.
I have spent over $20K at Perfect circuit in the last 3 years and am usually impressed with how quickly I receive the orders.
I believe that Eurorack is a small part of the business that PC does, they do not specialize in just Eurorack like some of the other vendors.
I imagine that they are swamped with orders for audio gear, guitars and other pro sound equipment during the Thanksgiving rush.
Anyway, I am content with waiting a little longer during a holiday rush like this right now.

just my 2 cents

Foghorn
I'm not sure what's going on, but, well ah crap..what now?
.......Not really a musician.......

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 am

They've gotten a lot better in the past year or so. Shit happens with everyone, but PC used to be pretty darn flaky. I had multiple instances of in stock items taking 3 business days, during the week, to even be picked up by the shipper.
If little companies like Detroit Modular and Control can get things out the door the same or next day, they should be able to also.

But like I said, they seem to have tightened things up. Though I just made an order for something that was supposedly in stock, then got an invoice that said "expecting more soon" :deadbanana:

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 am

lol. DAMNIT PC I'M TRYING TO GET YOUR BACK Y U DO THIS TO ME.

i agree. 2 years ago, i hated if they were the only ones stocking a module. the last year or so they've been as fast or faster than other shops. i mean, i am in the Bay Yarea and they're in LA, so it's a short trip. but they have totally stepped their game up.

raffivegas
Learning to Wiggle

Post by raffivegas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:11 pm

raffivegas wrote:Anyway, slightly irritated, hope they deliver.
They called me just now, this morning. Very nice person on the phone, told me UPS and USPS couldn't find my address. I had fat-fingered the wrong street address. I hadn't factored they'd be swamped likely from black friday weekend, as someone else already pointed out. I'll be spending the rest of the morning pulling my foot out of my mouth :)

Ears
Common Wiggler

Post by Ears » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:53 pm

I just always remind myself: “first world” problems.

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:17 pm

raffivegas wrote:
raffivegas wrote:Anyway, slightly irritated, hope they deliver.
They called me just now, this morning. Very nice person on the phone, told me UPS and USPS couldn't find my address. I had fat-fingered the wrong street address. I hadn't factored they'd be swamped likely from black friday weekend, as someone else already pointed out. I'll be spending the rest of the morning pulling my foot out of my mouth :)
So basically you were whining about a small wait when it turns out it was your own fault...
Microwave America.... :yay:
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

Accent
Common Wiggler

Post by Accent » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:24 pm

Pighood wrote:Any order over $100 gets free FedEx Ground, so huh
I think that’s for $300 and above. Anything I get from them under $299 always ships via USPS with free shipping.

Accent
Common Wiggler

Post by Accent » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:31 pm

I’ve purchased from PCA more than any other gear retailer in the last 4 years. I’ve always found them to be pretty quick and often with better pricing that’s most others, but I have to say that they really seem to have improved their turnaround time lately. My last order was placed on Thanksgiving and in my hands the next Monday, which is considerably faster than I’d expected from their previous Black Friday sales (mind you, going from CA to AS via USPS). Also of note that they are not yet charging tax to deliver to my state, which is not the case with Reverb, Sweetwater etc.

bedhed3000
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bedhed3000 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:33 pm

Accent wrote:
Pighood wrote:Any order over $100 gets free FedEx Ground, so huh
I think that’s for $300 and above. Anything I get from them under $299 always ships via USPS with free shipping.
Just to add some anecdotal information to the thread, I placed an order for about $160 and they shipped it USPS Priority for free. It took them 2 days to get it shipped out, but I ordered it directly in the midst of Cyber Monday sale fuckery, so I can't complain about that. Perhaps they shipped it priority to make up for it - who knows.

morgulbee
Common Wiggler

Post by morgulbee » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:25 pm

I've ordered a lot from Perfect Circuit this year. Higher priced orders come Fedex for free, lower priced orders USPS Priority for free. Not sure where the cutoff is but $300 seems about right. I had to do a return once due to a compatibility issue with an audio interface, and they provided the return shipping label and a full refund.

My only complaints: They sometimes take 2 or 3 days before shipping the order, so it often takes a full week to receive an order from them. And when I pre-ordered a module they didn't ship until 2 or 3 weeks after other sellers were already shipping. I don't plan on pre-ordering anything from them anymore.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”