Rossum Electro-Music Assimil8or

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:54 am

will it be able to do Transform Multiplication and the Spectrum Synthesis, as on the Emax II?

tiger001
Common Wiggler

Post by tiger001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:24 am

really?
you wanna go back to that offline process ?
where you multiply 2 samples, wait for +30minutes (!) and then hear the result : static (and repeat)
i think the phase modulation is a much more direct (and) result wielding process

andybizarre
Wiggling with Experience

Post by andybizarre » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Marco Alpert wrote:Actually, there is news. CV of Mix Level made it in! Two modes: Normal for regular modulation, and Fader for mix control.
You guys rule! Thank you so much for making this possible! :hail: :hyper:

ege.gonul
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ege.gonul » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Marco Alpert wrote:
jpizzo wrote:
YESSS!! Thank you, so stoked for this update.

What's the difference between fader and normal modes? I'm guessing fader mode maps -5v to inaudible, and +5v to louder than unity?
Actually, Fader applies a -5V offset, so that 0V is inaudible. The +5V level depends on what the initial Mix Level parameter is set at.
Amazing updates!! This modules is definitely one of the best sound generating modules in Euro. I was just combining aliasing, bit depth & phase modulation together for extreme distortion just for the fun of it and it is as good as digital distortion gets. I think phase modulation (literally same thing as FM (esp. short envelopes going into phase depth)) has a great potential on drums.

Only thing I wish it had is, something to do with "external env" mode, it always works with linear AM and if you layer sounds with other drum modules, it's always a mismatch between velocity-to-amplitude ratio. It would be really really useful if we can have exponential mode for "ext-env" modes. Super duper excited about 2.0.

quaidscape
Learning to Wiggle

Post by quaidscape » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Wondering if anyone would share how they personally like to use the Linear AM 'ext env' setting on the level page? :razz:

c0rpse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by c0rpse » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:33 pm

quaidscape wrote:Wondering if anyone would share how they personally like to use the Linear AM 'ext env' setting on the level page? :razz:
I turn it on and then put an envelope into the CV.

I usually use this on infinitely looped samples (one-shot and the top looping mode) where I don't want the phase to restart.
VINO MALO | Designer and Software Developer for WMD

quaidscape
Learning to Wiggle

Post by quaidscape » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 am

c0rpse wrote:
quaidscape wrote:Wondering if anyone would share how they personally like to use the Linear AM 'ext env' setting on the level page? :razz:
I turn it on and then put an envelope into the CV.

I usually use this on infinitely looped samples (one-shot and the top looping mode) where I don't want the phase to restart.
Got it, thank you.

Marco Alpert
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Marco Alpert » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:22 pm

A quick Assimil8or 2.0 software update. Barring any last minute problems, we should be releasing the new software next week. I’m currently putting the final touches on the new features manual and will post it in the next day or two for anyone who wants to check it all out in detail.
Marketing Guy at Rossum Electro-Music

StateAzure
Wiggling with Experience

Post by StateAzure » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Marco Alpert wrote:A quick Assimil8or 2.0 software update. Barring any last minute problems, we should be releasing the new software next week. I’m currently putting the final touches on the new features manual and will post it in the next day or two for anyone who wants to check it all out in detail.
Yessssss! Can't wait.

quaidscape
Learning to Wiggle

Post by quaidscape » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Marco Alpert wrote:A quick Assimil8or 2.0 software update. Barring any last minute problems, we should be releasing the new software next week. I’m currently putting the final touches on the new features manual and will post it in the next day or two for anyone who wants to check it all out in detail.

That's great news! :ripbanana:

Sanys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sanys » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Sweet!

yeatsvisitslincoln
Common Wiggler

Post by yeatsvisitslincoln » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:35 pm

Mend wrote:The ER-101 is not capable of producing negative voltages. So I can't seem to make use of that one zone at -5v.
I had this issue in general with the ER-101 and Assimil8or, but more for pitch tracking. My solution so far has been using a WMD Volt so that I can offset three CV lines down 3V. It's not perfect or the most convenient, but it works and makes for some fun octave sequencing.

BrokenBo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BrokenBo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:56 am

i purchased a used module which came with just the sd card in the back and no factory samples on it. Should there have been two SD cards?

i have read somewhere that there should be a bunch of factory samples.

is it somehow possible to get these factory samples?

resynthesize
Wiggling with Experience

Post by resynthesize » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:35 am

BrokenBo wrote:i purchased a used module which came with just the sd card in the back and no factory samples on it. Should there have been two SD cards?

yes, the factory samples are included on the SD that goes in the front of the module. yours should have come with one.

Sam Botstein
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Sam Botstein » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:29 pm

BrokenBo wrote:i purchased a used module which came with just the sd card in the back and no factory samples on it. Should there have been two SD cards?

If you send us a message through the contact or support request form I can email you a link.

http://www.rossum-electro.com/support/s ... uest-form/

quaidscape
Learning to Wiggle

Post by quaidscape » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Sam Botstein wrote:

If you send us a message through the contact or support request form I can email you a link.

http://www.rossum-electro.com/support/s ... uest-form/
Hi, Sam - I also sent a support request for the original sample library a while ago but haven't received a link yet. Think could send one along here or there?

thanks!

Sam Botstein
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Sam Botstein » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:16 pm

quaidscape wrote: Hi, Sam - I also sent a support request for the original sample library a while ago but haven't received a link yet. Think could send one along here or there?

thanks!
Check your spam folder and private messages. Please whitelist email addresses from rossum-electro.com

BrokenBo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BrokenBo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:37 pm

i have received the link. thanks a lot , Sam.

Marco Alpert
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Marco Alpert » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:23 pm

We've just posted the Software 2.0 New Features Guide. So, if you want to get a preview of what's new in detail, head on over to the Assimil8or page on our web site and find it in the Documentation tab.
Marketing Guy at Rossum Electro-Music

autopilote
Learning to Wiggle

Post by autopilote » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:39 pm

Marco Alpert wrote:We've just posted the Software 2.0 New Features Guide. So, if you want to get a preview of what's new in detail, head on over to the Assimil8or page on our web site and find it in the Documentation tab.
bedtime reading sorted!

Cobramatic
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Cobramatic » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Marco Alpert wrote:We've just posted the Software 2.0 New Features Guide. So, if you want to get a preview of what's new in detail, head on over to the Assimil8or page on our web site and find it in the Documentation tab.
This is Excellent Marco - cant wait to try out the new features.
Looks like it will have been worth the wait :goo:

joey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by joey » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:16 am

so pumped!!!

andybizarre
Wiggling with Experience

Post by andybizarre » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:54 am

Had a quick look at the new features - with Marco mentioning the new Zone adressing modes, I quietly hoped for a "Record to empty zone"-sampling mode. And here it is!
Looking forward to creating round-robin samples of those lovely vactrol LPG bassdrums in no time :hyper: :yay:

quaidscape
Learning to Wiggle

Post by quaidscape » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:41 pm

:zombie: so many excellent improvements here. Should feel a LOT smoother and more functional with these fixes and features. Absolutely cannot wait for the file to drop.

Thanks, Marco + Friends!

seuil974
Learning to Wiggle

Post by seuil974 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:44 am

Marco Alpert wrote:Actually, there is news. CV of Mix Level made it in! Two modes: Normal for regular modulation, and Fader for mix control.

amazing

Return to “Eurorack Modules”