Hexinverter Mindphaser - Complex Oscillator

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

GGW
Veteran Wiggler

Post by GGW » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Any Mindphaser news?

:bump:

Cryosion
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Cryosion » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:46 pm

Haven't heard anything on the Mindphaser is a while, any updates/tentative release dates? Even just new demos? I can't wait for this thing!

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:39 am

MvK wrote:
lisa wrote:
Bobo Fret wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants.
And I guess your heard doesn’t want a complex oscillator right now, your heart want to wait a few more months. ;)
there are thousands of good reasons to wait for the release of a certain module.
Yep, and 993 of those are ”shiny new thing!”. :goo:

I’m sure that the Mindphaser will be fantastic and I guess the wait won’t be that much longer now but waiting for something for six months when similar tools are available is.. interesting.
My first modular track where I used drum modules! BIA, Entity Percussion, Chimera, Elements. There's also a ton of FM cross modulation from the Instruō Cš-L in there and the Metasonix R56 is a big part of the sound. :star:

We also just did a live performance. Just eurorack, a mixer and two nitwits. :hyper: http://tiny.cc/8ndspz

comacomfort
Learning to Wiggle

Post by comacomfort » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:57 am

lisa wrote:
MvK wrote:
lisa wrote:
And I guess your heard doesn’t want a complex oscillator right now, your heart want to wait a few more months. ;)
there are thousands of good reasons to wait for the release of a certain module.

I’m sure that the Mindphaser will be fantastic and I guess the wait won’t be that much longer now but waiting for something for six months when similar tools are available is.. interesting.
I honestly don't think similar tools exist in euro. FM dual oscillators exist but all analog phase modulation dual oscillators im unaware of.

Definitely worth waiting for.

joey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by joey » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:07 am

comacomfort wrote:
lisa wrote:
MvK wrote:
lisa wrote:

I honestly don't think similar tools exist in euro. FM dual oscillators exist but all analog phase modulation dual oscillators im unaware of.

Definitely worth waiting for.
The Schippmann CS-8 Omega Phi does both thru zero phase modulation and frequency modulation

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:06 pm

It also cost $300 more and is a single oscillator and doesn't have a wavefolder from the looks of it.

Just wait it out fam. If it's what you want it will be worth it.
THUMPR BC SC

transferpoint
butt-hole

Post by transferpoint » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:13 pm

This will be my first oscillator purchase. I've got a 7u drum rig, I want to build a nice 7u voice rig to go with it.

Don't worry, I'll wait... hARD :sadbanana:

defalut
Common Wiggler

Post by defalut » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:41 am

Any news on release date yet?

I was giving up eurorack, sold everything except a few modules I still haven't completed the building of.
Bought a Percussa SSP that together with reaktor and silent way we're going to be the modular part of my studio.
But I enjoy building modules too much and got very interested in vco modules based on 3340 chips. Found the Tinrs rectangular thing so plan to build it, and I also found out that Mindphaser is 3340-based in its core!

I was already gassing for it, but this was the final nail in the coffin!

I'll build a small rack mostly powered by self-built modules, and make use of what I have learned about modular systems. A few modules will be bought; Zadar, Pamela, Disting.. you get the picture..

But the mindphaser will be quite essential I think.

Sorry about the blogging.. :confused:

Pictus
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Pictus » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:47 pm

defalut wrote:(...)
But I enjoy building modules too much and got very interested in vco modules based on 3340 chips. Found the Tinrs rectangular thing so plan to build it, and I also found out that Mindphaser is 3340-based in its core!
Not anymore...
viewtopic.php?p=3030915#3030915
"The cores are no longer CEM3340. This was a hard call to make, and it was only after much
time trying different approaches (owing a lot to the delay over the past year), did I decide
to go another route. I spent a great deal of time attempting to wrangle a good, solid wide
octave range out of them which remained stable over temperature. Not going to happen, as it
turns out - or not without a bazillion trim pots (silly for a retail eurorack module - but ok
for DIY projects, no doubt!). They were really designed for use in microcontroller applications,
or where more than 300-500ppm/C stability over time of drift isn't too annoying.
Absolutely stellar for 1980-something, or in a polysynth or module with a microcontroller
feeding it autotune-like offsets, or in a VCO that's not got dual oscillators and needs a
whole tonne of trims anyway and can afford the expense of adding ~6+ more of them just to
keep the VCOs solid, but not up to par with modern, stable eurorack VCOs.
Went with a discrete core instead, which worked out better for the phase modulation
"accumulator" in the wavefolder anyway - as the ramp/saw wave has a nicer rise/fall time
and less glitching than the 3340. It has even more range than a CEM3340 could."

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Anyone know if the samples we heard were based on the 3340?
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

defalut
Common Wiggler

Post by defalut » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:06 am

Pictus wrote:
defalut wrote:(...)
Not anymore...
viewtopic.php?p=3030915#3030915
"The cores are no longer CEM3340. This was a hard call to make, and it was only after much
time trying different approaches (owing a lot to the delay over the past year), did I decide
to go another route. I spent a great deal of time attempting to wrangle a good, solid wide
octave range out of them which remained stable over temperature. Not going to happen, as it
turns out - or not without a bazillion trim pots (silly for a retail eurorack module - but ok
for DIY projects, no doubt!). They were really designed for use in microcontroller applications,
or where more than 300-500ppm/C stability over time of drift isn't too annoying.
Absolutely stellar for 1980-something, or in a polysynth or module with a microcontroller
feeding it autotune-like offsets, or in a VCO that's not got dual oscillators and needs a
whole tonne of trims anyway and can afford the expense of adding ~6+ more of them just to
keep the VCOs solid, but not up to par with modern, stable eurorack VCOs.
Went with a discrete core instead, which worked out better for the phase modulation
"accumulator" in the wavefolder anyway - as the ramp/saw wave has a nicer rise/fall time
and less glitching than the 3340. It has even more range than a CEM3340 could."
Alright, thanks for the heads-up. Doesn´t matter so much, what´s important is that the module is the best it can possibly be.

I will have built a Rectangular Thing using 3340´s anyway so i´ll be satisfied i think.

Anyway about Mindphaser, i asked Hexinverter via Facebook and while no exact release date existed yet, they let me know that it probably would happen sometime in the first three months of 2020.

goldplate
Common Wiggler

Post by goldplate » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:39 am

Of course a discrete VCO is what we want for the mindphaser.

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Hexinverter Mindphaser - Complex Oscillator

Post by versipellis » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:45 am

Any updates on Mindphaser yet? :)
tunes: https://www.soundcloud.com/dycedot
in boston? I run nights: https://www.facebook.com/4OTFEvents/
selling [Qu-bit Bloom; NE Cursus Iteritas]: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=229821

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:32 pm

Curious for an update, if any?

hexinverter
the nettles make me think happy times

Post by hexinverter » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:12 am

versipellis wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:45 am
Any updates on Mindphaser yet? :)
cackland wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:32 pm
Curious for an update, if any?
Apologies for the quietness lately! Good things are coming, though. :goo: Just been having a hard time keeping up on the comms in recent times :zombie:

I've got the final (really) prototype hardware, just in time to hide indoors! Good timing there.

At present, finishing the little bits of polish before sending it off to a couple of chosen artists for preview. That should be happening within the next 14 days.

It's anyone's guess how the pandemic will (or will not) affect manufacturing at this point but regardless of that, Mindphaser itself will be out of the "design/R+D" phase soon and going into manufacturing planning as soon as it is able.

I'll have some news as soon as that milestone is hit :hyper:
Hexinverter Électronique
em: stacy[at]hexinverter.net

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:57 am

Cheers for the update :)

bastian23
Common Wiggler

Post by bastian23 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:26 am

Yay can’t wait!

transferpoint
butt-hole

Post by transferpoint » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:39 am

If you aren't yet, follow Hex on Instagram. He has been posting Mindphaser videos over the past few weeks.
https://instagram.com/hexinverter?igshid=me8b2kmulpsx

Cryosion
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Cryosion » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Great news! Time to start setting aside some finances then...
www.youtube.com/cryosion I make live improv-ish music on my modular. Sort of house-techno-bass music or something.

Control
Common Wiggler

Post by Control » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:53 pm

That’s great news! I’ve been holding out waiting for this one. Can’t wait!

hexinverter

Post by hexinverter » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:05 am

Thanks guys I'm really excited to have things approaching the final milestone before manufacture planning can begin.

It's still going to be some time after the production hardware is totally frozen in state, for manufacturing to materialise. Easily a month or more to get them produced after all that is squared away. Currently making adjustments for production units.

So don't start looking for them to grab just yet. I'll have news as soon as that milestone is met. :party: :goo: thanks for hanging in there, it's been a long time and then some already. :hihi:
Hexinverter Électronique

Control
Common Wiggler

Post by Control » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:10 pm

Thanks again for the quick update. I really appreciate it.

hexinverter

Post by hexinverter » Wed May 20, 2020 12:44 pm

Wee update!
  1. hardware is very nearly frozen for production. Doing what should be final schematic and board reviews.
  2. artist preview prototypes arrived with a couple of content creators. Lots of video/audio stuff to come once production milestone is hit.
For now, here's a new 2h long livestream with Mindphaser on bassline duties.

Hexinverter Électronique

Return to “Eurorack Modules”