Hexinverter Mindphaser - Complex Oscillator

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

transferpoint
butt-hole

Re: Hexinverter Mindphaser - Complex Oscillator

Post by transferpoint » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:51 am

Very excited! This module pushed me over the edge and pull the trigger on a nice 21u by 168hp Needham Woodworks case. Very excited for my next "phase" in my eurorack journey. (Previous case was drums only)
Looking to buy Cwejman modules - DM me

noisewreck
Wiggling with Experience

Post by noisewreck » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:55 pm

hexinverter wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:11 am
noisewreck wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 pm
Any updates? Does March deliveries still look realistic?
I'm expecting to receive more production photos hopefully this week, and will be back to share those here for anyone not following on Instagram. The modules are done selective solder and SMT reflow, and entered the hand assembly and calibration phase.

March *shipment* date is realistic; sooner rather than later hopefully! Delivery will depend where in the world you are, when your order was placed in the queue and how quickly they are dispatched.
Sounds great! Thanks for the update. :hail:

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:00 am

hexinverter wrote:
. . . March *shipment* date is realistic; sooner rather than later hopefully! Delivery will depend where in the world you are, when your order was placed in the queue and how quickly they are dispatched.
Excellent news! Thank you for staying in touch with all of us and keeping us informed on expected delivery dates (again, I'm in the US with a pre-order with the good folks at Detroit Modular). Hope all is going well for you and your team. Understand if there are a few hiccups. Very excited for this module—my last "big" module-purchase for a while.

Just to whet your appetites, the Mindphaser will be the centerpiece of my new Intellijel 7U 104HP Performance Case! Woohoo!

Electro Something
Common Wiggler

Post by Electro Something » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:57 pm

Any initial thoughts on how the Mindphaser sounds compared to the other complex heavy hitters like the Brenso, CS-L, Frrrrthr etc. ?

I love to geek out to the physics of "thru-zero phase modulation" but wonder what exactly it means to my ears.

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Electro Something wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:57 pm
Any initial thoughts on how the Mindphaser sounds compared to the other complex heavy hitters like the Brenso, CS-L, Frrrrthr etc. ?

I love to geek out to the physics of "thru-zero phase modulation" but wonder what exactly it means to my ears.
I don't have any experience with any of them! But I chose the Mindphaser for its emphasis on phase-modulation, whereas the others seem more focused on through-zero FM. I have plenty of VCOs and VCAs where I can do my own FM stuff, so I decided on the Mindphaser. To me FM stuff sounds real razor-ey (and I really like that sound). But the Mindphaser's PM stuff sounds more phaser-ey, and I like that too. I think it will make a nice contrast to the heavily-modded FM stuff.

That said, once the bank account settles down, I may get a Brenso, Endorphin.es, or maybe the new Cosmotronix at a later date to complement my Mindphaser.

Electro Something
Common Wiggler

Post by Electro Something » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:08 pm

studio460 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:04 pm
But the Mindphaser's PM stuff sounds more phaser-ey, and I like that too. I think it will make a nice contrast to the heavily-modded FM stuff.
Will be interesting to see how that translates to our ears. Seems that every complex oscillator has a few words often used to describe it, like vintage and warm for the Verbos, and buzzy and fat for the Furthrrrrr. The Mindphaser sounds ______ and _____.

hexinverter
the nettles make me think happy times

Post by hexinverter » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 am

Electro Something wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:08 pm
studio460 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:04 pm
But the Mindphaser's PM stuff sounds more phaser-ey, and I like that too. I think it will make a nice contrast to the heavily-modded FM stuff.
Will be interesting to see how that translates to our ears. Seems that every complex oscillator has a few words often used to describe it, like vintage and warm for the Verbos, and buzzy and fat for the Furthrrrrr. The Mindphaser sounds ______ and _____.
I'm obviously biased here since I've been listening to Mindphaser for years now :mrgreen:
That being said, with a fair amount of certainty I can say that it is not very warm sounding at all, compared to any of the other analog complex oscillators I've had. It's pretty mean, and raucous. The individual waveform outputs could be considered warm sounding at times, and the linear FM is quite warm sounding, but I know we're mostly all interested in the overall final complex outputs.

Will leave the rest of the opinions up to the masses when it is in their hands :sb:
Last edited by hexinverter on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hexinverter Électronique
em: stacy[at]hexinverter.net

hexinverter

Post by hexinverter » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:50 am

studio460 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:00 am
hexinverter wrote:
. . . March *shipment* date is realistic; sooner rather than later hopefully! Delivery will depend where in the world you are, when your order was placed in the queue and how quickly they are dispatched.
Excellent news! Thank you for staying in touch with all of us and keeping us informed on expected delivery dates (again, I'm in the US with a pre-order with the good folks at Detroit Modular). Hope all is going well for you and your team. Understand if there are a few hiccups. Very excited for this module—my last "big" module-purchase for a while.

Just to whet your appetites, the Mindphaser will be the centerpiece of my new Intellijel 7U 104HP Performance Case! Woohoo!

Looks like a great setup!!! :party: And thanks for your patience and support.

I should have another photo production update from the build crew this week I'd think. I was just told over the phone that random units selected from the batch for inspection and testing have come out perfect, so that's good news indeed after all this waiting :sb:
Hexinverter Électronique

skinpop
Common Wiggler

Post by skinpop » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:43 am

Any update on the production? Anxiously waiting for mine to ship :)
blue noise

analogbrainsurgeon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by analogbrainsurgeon » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:57 am

Yeah...

Greetings!

Stacy from Hexinverter here.

Thanks to all of you that have placed Mindphaser complex oscillator preorders with your favourite dealer or from the Hexinverter Direct Shop!

I am SO excited to get these in your hands, finally!!!

Here is the latest news about how production is going. We've neared the end of March so it's time to give you the latest scoop.

///// MINDPHASER PRODUCTION UPDATE - TESTING, TESTING, TESTING! /////

By the time this email reaches you, it's probably the end of March. We're a bit off target for receiving the modules before the end of the month, so I want to keep you in the loop on that!

It's looking like they'll be shipping out to dealers, and you, in early April.

Incidentally -- it's a pretty "complex" module to calibrate. So it's taking a bit longer than anticipated to finish that stage of things so they can ship from manufacturing on their way to Hex HQ for dispatch.

Random pulls from the batch of modules are WORKING PERFECTLY! So that's always a nice bit of news with this size of design to hear. There are very often super small nitpicks in electronics manufacturing from the first batches when ramping up to scale, so it's great that everything looks perfect with such a complicated board layout and overall electronics design.

Very, very excited to have them ready for you!

The entire manufacturing team is on-boarded with formal calibration procedures now, so the production team is now just working their way through the batch. 

///// MORE PHOTO UPDATES COMING -- NEXT WEEK, MOST LIKELY /////

I'm not done sending you some photo updates of production in progress -- so stay tuned for another one of those probably next week when the manufacturing staff take some photos for us.

////// FINAL WORDS //////

A heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who has stuck with this incredible design journey, and put your faith into a preorder. Thank you for your patience!

I can't wait to hear all the cool sounds you'll discover in this module. It really was a labour of love getting it here.

Over and out!

Stacy Gaudreau
HEXINVERTER ÉLECTRONIQUE

///// 

mnchrme
Common Wiggler

Post by mnchrme » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:03 am

analogbrainsurgeon wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:57 am
Yeah...

Greetings!

Stacy from Hexinverter here.

Thanks to all of you that have placed Mindphaser complex oscillator preorders with your favourite dealer or from the Hexinverter Direct Shop!

I am SO excited to get these in your hands, finally!!!

Here is the latest news about how production is going. We've neared the end of March so it's time to give you the latest scoop.

///// MINDPHASER PRODUCTION UPDATE - TESTING, TESTING, TESTING! /////

By the time this email reaches you, it's probably the end of March. We're a bit off target for receiving the modules before the end of the month, so I want to keep you in the loop on that!

It's looking like they'll be shipping out to dealers, and you, in early April.

Incidentally -- it's a pretty "complex" module to calibrate. So it's taking a bit longer than anticipated to finish that stage of things so they can ship from manufacturing on their way to Hex HQ for dispatch.

Random pulls from the batch of modules are WORKING PERFECTLY! So that's always a nice bit of news with this size of design to hear. There are very often super small nitpicks in electronics manufacturing from the first batches when ramping up to scale, so it's great that everything looks perfect with such a complicated board layout and overall electronics design.

Very, very excited to have them ready for you!

The entire manufacturing team is on-boarded with formal calibration procedures now, so the production team is now just working their way through the batch. 

///// MORE PHOTO UPDATES COMING -- NEXT WEEK, MOST LIKELY /////

I'm not done sending you some photo updates of production in progress -- so stay tuned for another one of those probably next week when the manufacturing staff take some photos for us.

////// FINAL WORDS //////

A heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who has stuck with this incredible design journey, and put your faith into a preorder. Thank you for your patience!

I can't wait to hear all the cool sounds you'll discover in this module. It really was a labour of love getting it here.

Over and out!

Stacy Gaudreau
HEXINVERTER ÉLECTRONIQUE

///// 
Yes! The wait was worth it, haha. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :party: :party: :party: :party:

skinpop
Common Wiggler

Post by skinpop » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:55 am

nice, thanks for posting. I've got a preorder(at the hexinverter store) but I didn't get the mail.
blue noise

noisewreck
Wiggling with Experience

Post by noisewreck » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:50 pm

skinpop wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:55 am
nice, thanks for posting. I've got a preorder(at the hexinverter store) but I didn't get the mail.
Check your spam filter also make sure you’re signed up for the newsletter

skinpop
Common Wiggler

Post by skinpop » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:32 pm

noisewreck wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:50 pm
skinpop wrote:
nothing in spam and the newsletter link on their homepage is broken :despair:
blue noise

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:42 am

I have zero space atm...but if I get a another minicase or something, I'll probably be back for some of this. It'll be nice having sonething else to go with my Mutant Machine.
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

FS: SSF Entity

hexinverter

Post by hexinverter » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:29 am

analogbrainsurgeon wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:57 am
Yeah..
Thanks! Beat me to it!

I forgot to post here. Sorry peeps.
skinpop wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:32 pm
noisewreck wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:50 pm
skinpop wrote:
nothing in spam and the newsletter link on their homepage is broken :despair:
Thanks for pointing that out. Forgot to update the newsletter link on the shop.

Here is the signup link!

https://bit.ly/hexlist
Hexinverter Électronique

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:32 pm

Glad to be on board this boat :)

All the hex modules I’ve owned have been wonderful and good solid builds

Which is nice

;)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

nelasma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nelasma » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:59 am

Anyone else refreshing this page like every 2-3 hours?... :'D is it still looking like its going to be April? :hyper:

liamshy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by liamshy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:39 pm

nelasma wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:59 am
Anyone else refreshing this page like every 2-3 hours?... :'D is it still looking like its going to be April? :hyper:
Haha yep! Any news that they are starting to ship... 😅 Nothing yet (my pre-order is through Detroit Modular). Hoping it will be first half of April but who knows.....

Cryosion
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Cryosion » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:17 pm

nelasma wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:59 am
Lol, not quite every few hours, but definitely once or twice a day! I'm super excited to finally have this in my case.
www.youtube.com/cryosion I make live improv-ish music on my modular. Sort of house-techno-bass music or something.
http://www.cryosion.com

noisewreck
Wiggling with Experience

Post by noisewreck » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:08 pm

My take on this is, based on my observations of the history of this thread, Stacy tends to be on the optimistic side when forecasting. Personally, if I get it in my hands May/June, I’ll be happy :lol:

I say check Instagram, as he tends to be more active there, and subscribe to the newsletter.

Matt_L
Common Wiggler

Post by Matt_L » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:19 pm

They were very responsive to my emails today. I think it should be out soon!

LunaticSound
Veteran Wiggler

Post by LunaticSound » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:34 am

Electro Something wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:57 pm

If you want to hear PM, just listen to FM8. Or Dexed, if you want something free.

It sounds similar to FM, without the detuning and with less twangy sidebands.

hexinverter

Post by hexinverter » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:28 am

Calibration is done -- the units are all in testing -- and then packaging for shipment. I'm just waiting on more photos from production for an update!

The written test procedures are a 17 page document. It's taking them some time to get through the batch thoroughly :)

Looks like they should be wrapping up all the units in the next 7-14 days for shipment up to Hex HQ, from what I'm told!
Hexinverter Électronique

bravewave
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bravewave » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:35 am

:yay:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”