Piston Honda MKIII dual morphing wavetable oscillator

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

pmarchitect
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Piston Honda MKIII dual morphing wavetable oscillator

Post by pmarchitect » Sat May 16, 2020 1:01 pm

studioutopia wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:59 pm
I just uploaded 8 wavetables from the Buchla 259e Twisted Waveform Generator into my Piston Honda MkIII.
Here is a demo of what came out.
modulation from Pamelas NEW! Workout and some additional motion from the human CV generator.
Envelopes from Quadrax driving two channels of the LXd low pass gate for each OSC on the Piston.
I am also manually adding some of the internally routed FM to OSC A.
Whoops, I started chair dancing and forgot about the wave tables :hihi:

pmarchitect
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmarchitect » Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 pm

I recently bought the Piston Honda MK3 and Bionic Lester MK3.

Both of them came with pins on the back which were absolutely bent to fuck. Anyone else? Pisses me off that manufactures can’t just put a little plastic surround on it to stop this happening. Or even just a little plastic cap to slide on when not in use.

Come on!

daphnid
Common Wiggler

Post by daphnid » Thu May 21, 2020 7:41 pm

pmarchitect wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 pm

Both of them came with pins on the back which were absolutely bent to fuck. Anyone else? Pisses me off that manufactures can’t just put a little plastic surround on it to stop this happening. Or even just a little plastic cap to slide on when not in use.

Come on!
I've heard lots of people complain about this. I ordered my Kermit from Control Voltage and my Bionic Lester from Control Mod and both seemed to put extra packing in there to protect the module from bouncing around in the mail.

I'm still kind of annoyed about those pins though and the fact that you have to buy a $25 dongle and install a fairly heavy programming application to update these boutique modules costing $400-525, most of which have SD card slots. Esp if you're gonna leave them totally unprotected and likely to be damaged during shipping.

I updated my Pam's NW and Kermit the same day. The Pam's took 5 minutes, the Kermit took 45 :ripbanana:

Mabuse
Common Wiggler

Post by Mabuse » Thu May 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Yeah, i just sent the ph mk3 back for that reason and the very lose xyz knobs on it. Will buy one instantly as soon as they fix it.

daphnid
Common Wiggler

Post by daphnid » Thu May 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Mabuse wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:44 pm
Yeah, i just sent the ph mk3 back for that reason and the very lose xyz knobs on it. Will buy one instantly as soon as they fix it.
Lol yeah the small knobs and LED buttons on the IME modules are some of the wobbliest I've ever felt. There's a certain janky-ness about both the sound and feel of their products and while the sound can be charming (although often too many clicks and pops for me), the build and early firmware issues are a bit disappointing.

It's just part of the IME experience, you deal with it I guess if you want to use their stuff, which is really pretty unique and excellent at the end of the day. Although over time they've gotten lots of competition for their take on digital eurorack (Shapeshifter being the best example I can think of) they still stand out in many ways.

The original Piston Honda was one of the first non-Doepfer modules I ever saw and definitely the first digital module I ever saw and touched and have always wanted one. Still want that MK1!

hirnlego
Common Wiggler

Post by hirnlego » Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 am

daphnid wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:11 pm
Although over time they've gotten lots of competition for their take on digital eurorack (Shapeshifter being the best example I can think of) they still stand out in many ways.
Interested in this. What would be, for example, some PH MKIII and HD MKIII direct competition with size equal or less of their HP?
I liked a lot what I heard so far in both, but between the size, the price and some scattered complaints I read here (little things, to be honest) I was wondering about possible alternatives.
I also have BL MKIII in my radar, so lot of IME's modules :hihi:

daphnid
Common Wiggler

Post by daphnid » Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 am

hirnlego wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 am
daphnid wrote:
Although over time they've gotten lots of competition for their take on digital eurorack (Shapeshifter being the best example I can think of) they still stand out in many ways.
Interested in this. What would be, for example, some PH MKIII and HD MKIII direct competition with size equal or less of their HP?
I liked a lot what I heard so far in both, but between the size, the price and some scattered complaints I read here (little things, to be honest) I was wondering about possible alternatives.
Well when I fist started seeing eurorack around almost everything was pure analog and very old school (Doepfer, Plan B, Analog Systems, Cwejman etc.) and Harvestman were the first making straight up digital modules I ever saw. So I partially just meant generally. But specifically the Shapeshifter is very similar to the Hertz Donut, and there are some wavetable OSCs out there, esp the E352, which give the PH some stiff competition. Both of those are bigger I think but I like more spacious modules personally, especially when they're deep. If looking for smaller wavetable oscillators the Erica Black WT and Graphic VCOs are really nice.

Also the strange, low-fi digital modulation options by companies like Bastl and NLC and digital/VA filtering by Rossum and others are now in the mix. The Rossum Linneus e.g. is probably technically better engineered (and I guarantee better built) than the BL because it's fucking Dave Rossum, but there's a grittiness and attitude to the BL I prefer. There's really just so much stuff being made and so many companies now. But Harvestman really stood out back then to me (long before I got into building my own modular btw) and now seem less singular but still have their own character.

hirnlego
Common Wiggler

Post by hirnlego » Fri May 22, 2020 3:32 am

daphnid wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 am
hirnlego wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 am
daphnid wrote:
Well when I fist started seeing eurorack around almost everything was pure analog and very old school (Doepfer, Plan B, Analog Systems, Cwejman etc.) and Harvestman were the first making straight up digital modules I ever saw. So I partially just meant generally. But specifically the Shapeshifter is very similar to the Hertz Donut, and there are some wavetable OSCs out there, esp the E352, which give the PH some stiff competition. Both of those are bigger I think but I like more spacious modules personally, especially when they're deep. If looking for smaller wavetable oscillators the Erica Black WT and Graphic VCOs are really nice.

Also the strange, low-fi digital modulation options by companies like Bastl and NLC and digital/VA filtering by Rossum and others are now in the mix. The Rossum Linneus e.g. is probably technically better engineered (and I guarantee better built) than the BL because it's fucking Dave Rossum, but there's a grittiness and attitude to the BL I prefer. There's really just so much stuff being made and so many companies now. But Harvestman really stood out back then to me (long before I got into building my own modular btw) and now seem less singular but still have their own character.
Thanks a lot for the comment, I'll check some names out.

For the grittiness, I read somewhere that a gritty sound cannot be made clean easily but the reverse is always possible (this is more a memento for myself).

pmarchitect
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmarchitect » Fri May 22, 2020 6:25 am

daphnid wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:41 pm
pmarchitect wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 pm

Come on!
I've heard lots of people complain about this. I ordered my Kermit from Control Voltage and my Bionic Lester from Control Mod and both seemed to put extra packing in there to protect the module from bouncing around in the mail.

I'm still kind of annoyed about those pins though and the fact that you have to buy a $25 dongle and install a fairly heavy programming application to update these boutique modules costing $400-525, most of which have SD card slots. Esp if you're gonna leave them totally unprotected and likely to be damaged during shipping.

I updated my Pam's NW and Kermit the same day. The Pam's took 5 minutes, the Kermit took 45 :ripbanana:
Funny you should say that, I updated my Pams for the first time yesterday, very easy. Then I went through my rack seeing which other modules might need an update and it’s just the Piston Honda. That’s when I realised that you can’t actually update it via the SDslot! I’ve also noticed that the faceplates are way of and push against the buttons. On the Bionic Lester it doesn’t actually inhibit it’s operation, and from videos I’ve seen they’re all like this. However, the Piston Honda is even worse and the faceplate DOES inhibit the use of the buttons sometimes. Pretty crap.

I’m not dissing the module I absolutely love it, but yeah I mean they are very expensive and these things are not good enough.

And exposed pins, check out the TipTop Z5000, the new one. A single exposed pin with no protection. Shocking!

Mabuse
Common Wiggler

Post by Mabuse » Fri May 22, 2020 6:41 am

i think if more people send scott their feedback – regarding the knobs and what you and others described here – than he might consider some hardware changes for future revisions. i even willing to pay more for that.
i already send scott my feedback so he knows that at least for me the wiggling of the xyz and and fm-vco1 knobs is way to much.

synonymist
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synonymist » Fri May 22, 2020 7:30 am

Mabuse wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:41 am
i think if more people send scott their feedback – regarding the knobs and what you and others described here – than he might consider some hardware changes for future revisions. i even willing to pay more for that.
To me it seems certain that Scott knows very well his current modules' build quality and design flaws. I would not pay more for him to improve his modules' quality and design, since they are quite expensive already.

Indeed in the present market, the IME modules' strongest suit is their mix of sonic and conceptual edginess: they do things a little differently, and so feel different to use and get different results. But insofar as that is not quite unique AND the modules' build quality is not high enough, that edginess alone does not justify the retail price.

As @daphnid pointed out a few posts ago, that uniqueness is vanishing as increasingly other module makers use similar techniques for control and for sound creation. Add to that IME's progression toward sonic refinement and away from rawness in its modules, and the uniqueness is further diminished.

Though new to eurorack, I am old and far from new to music making equipment in general. I have seen these dynamics before in other segments. Quality and ease of use weigh heavily in buyers' perception of a product's value for money.

Commonsensically, if a maker notices their competition selling comparable products of higher quality for the same price or less, they would see that not as a problem, but as an opportunity to improve their own products and compete on demonstrated merit, not on reputation.

pmarchitect
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmarchitect » Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 am

To add to the above, IME is not unique in quality annoyances. I’ve recently bought a lot of newly released modules, and the knobs are wobbly, some are so free spinning you look at them and they move, while the identical part knob below is so stiff it’ll move the whole module under the tension of tightened screws.

It would be nice to have a bit more attention to detail with a lot of these new super modules being so expensive.

I do think the design of IME is outstanding, and I love the use of centre detent on the mini knobs. Extremely useful and the first time I have encountered them.

I did manage to bend all the bent pins back into place last night, to my surprise as they were SO bent.

wavecircle
Big Audio Sodomite

Post by wavecircle » Fri May 22, 2020 7:48 am

pmarchitect wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:01 pm
studioutopia wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:59 pm
I just uploaded 8 wavetables from the Buchla 259e Twisted Waveform Generator into my Piston Honda MkIII.
Here is a demo of what came out.
modulation from Pamelas NEW! Workout and some additional motion from the human CV generator.
Envelopes from Quadrax driving two channels of the LXd low pass gate for each OSC on the Piston.
I am also manually adding some of the internally routed FM to OSC A.
Whoops, I started chair dancing and forgot about the wave tables :hihi:
Great stuff. I have to say, I am not a big fan of the factory wavetables on the PHmk3, did you upload the Buchla 259e wavetables?
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thezyg/ (lots of Serge)

[s]http://bit.ly/2Mekran[/s]

Ciat Lonbarde stuff from many moons ago: http://soundcloud.com/polska-kliknij-muzyka

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Fri May 22, 2020 1:46 pm

I can't be the only person here who is baffled by these build quality complaints, can I? I have quite a few of there products and have had no complaints whatsoever with any of them. Maybe it's just me. Regarding the update process, the first time takes a minute to download necessary stuff. I updated 3 or 4 modules in less than half an hour last time I had to. Take that for what it's worth.

jwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jwise » Fri May 22, 2020 2:39 pm

I'm with you @Sinamsis as I have the Stillson Hammer MK2, Kermit and Kermit MK3, Bionic Lester MK3, Piston Honda MK3, Hertz Donut MK3, Argos Bleak, and the Black Locust...I obviously like IME modules and other than needing to clean the sliders on my 3-year-old SH3, I've not had a problem with one module. Yes, it was daunting the very first time I updated the firmware but calibrating a Mutable Instruments the first time was nerve-wracking too. Now I have to update the teensy's on my TXo's and TXi's, along with a mix of methods for the Teletype, Ansible, Tempi, W/, Just Friends, O_c's, DATA, E370, Magneto, ER-101, 102, and 301, the Varigate, Pamela's New Workout, Eloquencer, and recently my Mother 32. This all just seems to be part of ownership these days.

As for the quality of builds just check out Colin Benders killing a Make Noise Erbe Verb, one channel on a QMMF from Cwejman, he needs to have one of his ER-101s serviced in Japan, and recently got a MacBeth Dual Oscillator back after repairs. He plays his modules to death in grueling physical ways and I've heard him say, "It's just the cost of ownership in order to have these unique tools made by one-person shops."

It's sad that an individual's poor experience isn't dealt with directly with the manufacturer or sent back to who it was bought from so they can collect the modules they can live with. These kinds of negative discussions will ultimately leave people with Behringer as their choice to buy from. Come on guys, even $120,000 Tesla's have flaws and need repairs or improvements.

daphnid
Common Wiggler

Post by daphnid » Fri May 22, 2020 3:10 pm

jwise wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:39 pm

It's sad that an individual's poor experience isn't dealt with directly with the manufacturer or sent back to who it was bought from so they can collect the modules they can live with. These kinds of negative discussions will ultimately leave people with Behringer as their choice to buy from. Come on guys, even $120,000 Tesla's have flaws and need repairs or improvements.
We're comparing the IME experience to other experiences with modules we've had. It's fair criticism I think. I own and enjoy IME products, it's just that they are sitting next to SynthTech, Intellijel, ALM, Doepfer, Erica etc. modules that all feel more solid in build quality and are easier to update (some of the old Intellijel modules needed a dongle to update but they got rid of that a long time ago). My point was that I can live with these issues, but it's still kind of a bummer, and it's clearly very possible to avoid them based on what other designers are doing. Shrouded pins, solid pots, and streamlined update procedures are the norm in expensive, boutique eurorack modules. The updating in particular is annoying as the firmware for these modules seems to be buggier than average upon release as well. When you work full time, spending an hour of your precious music making time (and more money) to update the firmware on your new module because it shipped in beta is annoying, and something I'd want to know about if I was considering buying one of these modules.

Sometimes it feels like IME is trying to troll their customers with all this and the odd# hp. It sits in this weird place between annoying and charming.

Also fuck Tesla.

synonymist
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synonymist » Fri May 22, 2020 3:44 pm

daphnid wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:10 pm
jwise wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:39 pm

We're comparing the IME experience to other experiences with modules we've had. It's fair criticism I think. I own and enjoy IME products, it's just that they are sitting next to SynthTech, Intellijel, ALM, Doepfer, Erica etc. modules that all feel more solid in build quality and are easier to update (some of the old Intellijel modules needed a dongle to update but they got rid of that a long time ago). My point was that I can live with these issues, but it's still kind of a bummer, and it's clearly very possible to avoid them based on what other designers are doing. Shrouded pins, solid pots, and streamlined update procedures are the norm in expensive, boutique eurorack modules. The updating in particular is annoying as the firmware for these modules seems to be buggier than average upon release as well. When you work full time, spending an hour of your precious music making time (and more money) to update the firmware on your new module because it shipped in beta is annoying, and something I'd want to know about if I was considering buying one of these modules.

Sometimes it feels like IME is trying to troll their customers with all this and the odd# hp. It sits in this weird place between annoying and charming.

Also fuck Tesla.
+1 on all counts. Especially the last one.

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Fri May 22, 2020 8:13 pm

I maintain, I have no fucking clue what you’re talking about when referring to wobbly pots. At least mk III. Mk II were a bit wobbly on some modules. It doesn’t have anything to do with longevity, quality of pots, or function. But people complained and it has been addressed. Otherwise I own too many IME modules to list. Not one has ever failed. Once. Regarding firmware updates you list Intellijel. I’ve owned a Shapeshifter since it came out. The firmware update process on Mac was damn near impossible until a couple years ago, and even then when the software first came out it took me MUCH longer to update my Shapeshifter and Rainmaker than any IME module. IIRC there’s even different ways to update the screen vs module firmware or something along those lines. But I enjoy the modules so I suck it up. It’s the cost of owning digital modules.

Otherwise regarding features and competition and whatever. I can’t speak for Scott but I get the impression he doesn’t care. He has a vision and sees it through to the best of his ability. I respect that. If you don’t see that the modules, particularly the mk III line have no equal (the modules listed really don’t compare directly by any means) then they are missing the point and probably would do well moving on. The feature set, well thought out UI and sound are unique to this company. Just because the new line can sound clean, it doesn’t mean they’ve lost their character. Honestly the mk III line in a small case would be my desert island system. And I would gladly pay that money again.

There certainly is an air of entitlement amongst the eurorack scene these days. I usually bite my tongue, and when I do speak out it’s never well received. But I feel like a good company like IME needs some positive commentary to balance the negatives here.

Oh and regarding pins.... it’s an issue with your retailer IMO. I’ve bought a bunch of IME from shops and directly from Scott and they’ve always been well packaged and I’ve never seen issues with the pins. Otherwise these connectors are pretty hearty, and I’ve had them bend plenty of times on other modules. They bend back with relative ease and I’ve never seen them snap. They can also be replaced with ease as well (I found this out the hard way on a DIY project the other day when I oriented my two PCBS the wrong way).

Again this is all my personal opinion and I suspect the folks above will disagree.

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Fri May 22, 2020 8:33 pm

agree wholeheartedly with sinamsis!

daphnid
Common Wiggler

Post by daphnid » Fri May 22, 2020 10:00 pm

I feel like you're veering a bit into rabid fanboy territory. I like their modules. I enjoy using them and have said that several times. The small pots and buttons on my Kermit are objectively wobbly. And yeah, I brought up that Intellijel modules used to suck to update. They listened, fixed it, and their newer ones aren't.

I don't think it's entitled to discuss common grievances of new units showing up damaged, or bitch about obtuse updating procedures on a forum where people talk about nothing other than the gory details of eurorack modules. But you know, that's just my opinion.

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 pm

daphnid wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:00 pm
I feel like you're veering a bit into rabid fanboy territory. I like their modules. I enjoy using them and have said that several times. The small pots and buttons on my Kermit are objectively wobbly. And yeah, I brought up that Intellijel modules used to suck to update. They listened, fixed it, and their newer ones aren't.

I don't think it's entitled to discuss common grievances of new units showing up damaged, or bitch about obtuse updating procedures on a forum where people talk about nothing other than the gory details of eurorack modules. But you know, that just my opinion.
LOL, I won't take the bait. Voicing an opinion just like you did. We can agree to disagree. But if you make it personal again, I will respond.

And yes, to you they feel wobbly. But having owned quite a few modules myself, I can tell other users with the utmost confidence that while the small pots are a bit wobbly, they are no wobblier than similar pots in other modules. Otherwise, I don't even understand the complaints about the buttons. I have never used pressed them and had them not work. So I just don't get the complaint. You feel a little movement and you call it "janky." Without knowing the part number or anything else about the part you really are making baseless claims here. To speak specifically about buttons that DO NOT have longevity, I will tell you the buttons that Intellijel has used on several modules including the old uScale II and uStep have failed for me across several modules. I only mention it because that, for instance, might be a valid complaint. Otherwise acting like a manufacturer should be concerned about the stiff competition out there is entitled. Like the fact that you have options should change something or that Scott owes you something because there are a million other modular companies now. And the bitching about the update process, and because MI uses audio files, or because there's an SD card it should be this way or that way. Do you have any knowledge of the technical side of these things. I do not, but I would assume it would take a great deal of work to go back and rework the update process (that has been used for years) and would distract from new modules. Bottom line, the things you post here can be damaging, wether you understand that or not. Scott runs a small business. The claims made here could be damaging if no one counters them with statements that they do not have these issues. If my statements above bother you, that issue is with you, not with me. And I'll be honest, I personally would tell customers like you to take their business elsewhere, very nicely of course.

daphnid
Common Wiggler

Post by daphnid » Fri May 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Sinamsis wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 pm
Otherwise acting like a manufacturer should be concerned about the stiff competition out there is entitled. Like the fact that you have options should change something or that Scott owes you something because there are a million other modular companies now. And the bitching about the update process, and because MI uses audio files, or because there's an SD card it should be this way or that way. Do you have any knowledge of the technical side of these things. I do not, but I would assume it would take a great deal of work to go back and rework the update process (that has been used for years) and would distract from new modules. Bottom line, the things you post here can be damaging, wether you understand that or not. Scott runs a small business. The claims made here could be damaging if no one counters them with statements that they do not have these issues. If my statements above bother you, that issue is with you, not with me. And I'll be honest, I personally would tell customers like you to take their business elsewhere, very nicely of course.
I'm not saying anyone should be concerned about anything. I don't know who Scott is but I assume he's the guy behind IME, and yeah, he doesn't owe me shit. I don't owe him shit. I'm not going to hold back my thoughts about IME modules, positive or negative (mostly positive btw!), and he's going to do whatever he wants to do and I'm not saying he should do otherwise.

And you're right, I have no idea about the longevity of the parts. And longevity is (arguably) more important than feel. That said, there has been an obsession with the feel of music gear that goes back to the oldest gear review articles I've read from the 70s and 80s. It seems like a perfectly legitimate topic of discussion on a site dedicated to picking apart music gear. You may not care but a lot of people do.

Edit: asking customers who like your products but have a few criticisms to take a hike is awfully sensitive

Zerius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zerius » Sat May 23, 2020 4:12 am

Patch exploring PH3 in distorted context, modulations are scanning thru waves tables and I manually play with fm of both oscillators

otnemem
Common Wiggler

Post by otnemem » Sat May 23, 2020 4:51 am

I personally only have the PH MKIII from IME, so I will not argue that i'm some authority on their line up. What i can say is that the build, sound quality and feature set are quite impressive to me. True that the buttons and small knobs wobble slightly, but no anymore than buttons on Malekko, Xaoc or Strymon gear that i have for that matter. Same for the knobs. Doesn't seem to be a shoddy build at all from my perspective.

Tend to agree that the firmware update process is a bit convoluted, but then again i'm not familiar with the technical rationale for going down this path and there must have been a good reason for it.

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sat May 23, 2020 9:46 am

daphnid wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:34 pm
Sinamsis wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 pm
Otherwise acting like a manufacturer should be concerned about the stiff competition out there is entitled. Like the fact that you have options should change something or that Scott owes you something because there are a million other modular companies now. And the bitching about the update process, and because MI uses audio files, or because there's an SD card it should be this way or that way. Do you have any knowledge of the technical side of these things. I do not, but I would assume it would take a great deal of work to go back and rework the update process (that has been used for years) and would distract from new modules. Bottom line, the things you post here can be damaging, wether you understand that or not. Scott runs a small business. The claims made here could be damaging if no one counters them with statements that they do not have these issues. If my statements above bother you, that issue is with you, not with me. And I'll be honest, I personally would tell customers like you to take their business elsewhere, very nicely of course.
I'm not saying anyone should be concerned about anything. I don't know who Scott is but I assume he's the guy behind IME, and yeah, he doesn't owe me shit. I don't owe him shit. I'm not going to hold back my thoughts about IME modules, positive or negative (mostly positive btw!), and he's going to do whatever he wants to do and I'm not saying he should do otherwise.

And you're right, I have no idea about the longevity of the parts. And longevity is (arguably) more important than feel. That said, there has been an obsession with the feel of music gear that goes back to the oldest gear review articles I've read from the 70s and 80s. It seems like a perfectly legitimate topic of discussion on a site dedicated to picking apart music gear. You may not care but a lot of people do.

Edit: asking customers who like your products but have a few criticisms to take a hike is awfully sensitive
It’s not sensitivity. It’s practical. The point of diminishing returns is easily reached when dealing with unreasonable expectations. The time is better spent homing your craft and putting out the best product possible. If people choose to focus on the minutia there is nothing you can do to fix their issues. Nothing is flawless. The cream will rise to the top. And losing one or two customers that would cost you an excess of time with already relatively narrow margins is not a loss at all.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”