Erica Synths Graphic VCO

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

savethisrocketship
Veteran Wiggler

Post by savethisrocketship » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 am

Has anyone had any luck updating the Firmware from a Mac OS? I had success when I first got the module from a work PC but spent way too much time trying to get it to go from my iMac. :despair:

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:44 pm

savethisrocketship wrote:Has anyone had any luck updating the Firmware from a Mac OS? I had success when I first got the module from a work PC but spent way too much time trying to get it to go from my iMac. :despair:
There's a new firmware out? I see nothing on the module's support page on the Erica Synths site.

savethisrocketship
Veteran Wiggler

Post by savethisrocketship » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:55 pm

nectarios wrote:
savethisrocketship wrote:Has anyone had any luck updating the Firmware from a Mac OS? I had success when I first got the module from a work PC but spent way too much time trying to get it to go from my iMac. :despair:
There's a new firmware out? I see nothing on the module's support page on the Erica Synths site.
Mine is running version 0.17 and the updater says there's a version 0.19

I really like their modules and I've heard that direct customer support is solid, but they're website leaves quite a bit to be desired in this regard... so maybe I'm wrong? :despair:

Rozzer
To the pub!

Post by Rozzer » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:00 am

I just updated to 0.19 from 0.16 on Mac. Worked perfectly using the "Erica Synths Firmware upgrader v2" Chrome extension.

Launch the upgrader app from Chrome
Select Graphic VCO from module list
Plugin the module via USB (it must be powered up obv!)
Hit Connect - it should show you that it detects the Graphic VCO and what the current firmware is
Hit Program

Takes about a minute and my module is now showing 0.19 in the Info page. I can't see what's new or find a change list anywhere online though. A couple of the Wavetables seem to be different, but maybe I'm imagining that.

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 am

Waiting for Perfect Circuit to ship mine, along with another Disting mk4. Hope it ships soon.

savethisrocketship
Veteran Wiggler

Post by savethisrocketship » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:03 am

Rozzer wrote:I just updated to 0.19 from 0.16 on Mac. Worked perfectly using the "Erica Synths Firmware upgrader v2" Chrome extension.

Launch the upgrader app from Chrome
Select Graphic VCO from module list
Plugin the module via USB (it must be powered up obv!)
Hit Connect - it should show you that it detects the Graphic VCO and what the current firmware is
Hit Program

Takes about a minute and my module is now showing 0.19 in the Info page. I can't see what's new or find a change list anywhere online though. A couple of the Wavetables seem to be different, but maybe I'm imagining that.
Good to know, ended up borrowing a work laptop and got it first try. My Macs running some old OS so maybe that's the trouble :despair:

Haven't noticed anything major, maybe it was just some bugs or efficiency stuff.

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:01 am

So any reason why their availability is limited at the moment? Is Erica waiting on enough pre-orders before they do another run?

Fugal
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fugal » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:27 am

wow sick

mafgar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mafgar » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:10 pm

Has anyone used this live? I love the flexibility and options but am worried about getting lost in menus onstage.. thinking about the Erica Wavetable but this just has so much more to offer..

Destinova
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Destinova » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:53 pm

mafgar wrote:Has anyone used this live? I love the flexibility and options but am worried about getting lost in menus onstage.. thinking about the Erica Wavetable but this just has so much more to offer..
You can save all your settings as presets, I guess that would be the best option for making the most out of it live.

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:18 pm

The Grump wrote:So any reason why their availability is limited at the moment? Is Erica waiting on enough pre-orders before they do another run?
I have it in stock

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:00 pm

matttech wrote:
The Grump wrote:So any reason why their availability is limited at the moment? Is Erica waiting on enough pre-orders before they do another run?
I have it in stock
I am in the US. It would probably cost me a lot more than I am already paying, but thank you.

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Ah, no worries. I actually don’t sell to the US or Canada anyway. Hope you find one elsewhere :tu:

vantablack
Common Wiggler

Post by vantablack » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:37 pm

savethisrocketship wrote:
nectarios wrote:
Mine is running version 0.17 and the updater says there's a version 0.19

I really like their modules and I've heard that direct customer support is solid, but they're website leaves quite a bit to be desired in this regard... so maybe I'm wrong? :despair:
can i please get the link? there is nothing on their site and i have 0.17 :despair:

savethisrocketship
Veteran Wiggler

Post by savethisrocketship » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Yeah, their website is kind of frustrating. I did a search and found the link in one of their Facebook posts.

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Still no word on availability in the US. What's up, folks???

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:55 pm

Guys, seriously, WTF??? I ordered a Graphic VCO from Perfect Circuit in OCTOBER. I mean even my Disting mk4 got here sooner. Do Erica have another dealer in the US I should be talking to instead??? Wigglesearch doesn't show anything new in the states except on Reverb for like $500, which is stupid. What's the hold up??

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Website says they’re arrive shortly. Did it say that when you ordered as well? This is why people wait. Frustrating not to know when you’ll receive something you’ve previously purchased.

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:19 pm

hawkfuzz wrote:Website says they’re arrive shortly. Did it say that when you ordered as well? This is why people wait. Frustrating not to know when you’ll receive something you’ve previously purchased.
Well, now it says "In Stock, but I've had no notification of mine shipping yet. Got my Disting though, and I expect I'll see a notification within the next 48 hours, probably sooner.

On a different note, does anyone know if there is a phase adjustment per harmonic in the additive screen?

reekster
Common Wiggler

Post by reekster » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:33 pm

It’s an unique module. It can be very digital sounding at times but there’s so much flexibility. As someone pointed out, you can save snapshots so you could use it live pretty easily. I’m still trying to find the best modulators to use with it and going to try the Evolution filter on the output

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:30 pm

The Grump wrote:Got my Disting though, and I expect I'll see a notification within the next 48 hours, probably sooner.
Make that within ONE hour!

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Awesome tool, but wondering about the Quantizer. I'll check the manual again, but did anyone happen to catch how one changes key center for the quantizing?

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:08 pm

So... the implementation of the quantizer kinda sucks. The whole tone scale only centers around C, and doesn't shift the half-step to use the second whole tone scale. No fine tuning for quantized notes, either. Definitely room for improvement. Still an awesome tool, but there are yet a few things to be improved upon.

desdinova
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desdinova » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:50 pm

I leave quantize off and tune my other oscillator to it. Currently this is a doepfer A-111-3 micro vco, together in a KB37. In this config I typically don't even have to adjust between sessions after it's warmed up.
Agree it would be nice if the way tuning operated could be improved but I'm happy with it so far.

StateAzure
Wiggling with Experience

Post by StateAzure » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:03 am

Anyone have issues keeping their Graphic in tune? Seems every single time I turn mine on, it's about +25 cents, and I have to fine tune it. I'm sure I calibrated it not too long ago..Is it just not able to remember fine tune settings?

Also what happened to the firmware that would give CV control over snapshots? Still being worked on?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”