how are you sequencing all of your voices?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

flipper16
Wiggling with Experience

Re: how are you sequencing all of your voices?

Post by flipper16 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:42 am

MossGarden wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:11 am
Bigiota wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:24 am
Hi guys, I'm new to Muffwiggler and am still figuring out how to... well, do most things.
I've got a question (but couldn't find the 'post a new question' button) about the Varigate 8+.
I got a V.1 on eBay and am still in the process of learning to use it. I'm having some issues with various modes and was wondering whether I was mistaken in installing the latest firmware 2 in a V.1 Varigate..? I figured at the time of installing that V.1 will work with the latest firmware.
Is this so?
I'd love for someone to answer this basic question, just to ease my mind. Cheers!
I can't imagine a FW upgrade would not be compatible with all Varigate 8's, as a non Varigate user, I'd recommend asking people over at this thread for help as they will most likely be able to help you more clearly.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=161404&p=3251050&h ... e#p3251050
Might be quicker to contact Malekko directly... :tu:

https://malekkoheavyindustry.com/support/contact/

Rabid
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Rabid » Wed May 13, 2020 7:50 am

I use a lot of LFO - Sample/Hold - Quantizer combinations. Have some CV offsets set up to do transposing. I do that before the quantizer so all notes stay in key. Also use a variety of sequencers.
Sometimes I feel like the Red Green of modulars.

Bigiota
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bigiota » Wed May 13, 2020 10:04 am

That's great! Thanks for the help. It's a many-layered machine, which has its glitchy moments, so I just need a little clarity at times. Thanks again

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Wed May 13, 2020 10:06 am

I use nerdseq mostly with the er301 and percussion, FLXS1 for melody, and probably most of all, looping random modules like turing machine, mutable marbles, and ornament and crime

skreetis
Common Wiggler

Post by skreetis » Wed May 13, 2020 10:49 am

A typical patch will be a channel of Five12 Vector for the main voice, multed out into Marbles in CV processing mode for related harmonies. Then Vector for any additional voices too. :mrgreen:

akavalve
Common Wiggler

Re:

Post by akavalve » Wed May 13, 2020 12:24 pm

captjrab wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:23 pm
Im currently doing something like this with the VB and 4MS SMR as my sequencer/quantiser. I dont know if I would recommend this, lol, but I feel like its virgin patching territory with great compositional possibilities.
Could elaborate on how you're doing this?

MikeLeeBirds
Common Wiggler

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Fri May 22, 2020 12:57 pm

newrun wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:31 pm
MikeLeeBirds wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:51 am
So after much ado I now love the Five 12 Vector above all. It’s so immediate and fun!
You need the expander or a midi to cv module to get more pitch/gate lanes into your modular, but that’s fine for me. I use a Monome Ansible and CV.OCD for that.
I use the drum mode to control all four voices of the QD, and chord mode through midi to a non modular polysynth. Fantastic.
Would you recommend the Ansible over the Vector Expander to get more CV/Gates for the Vector?
Ansible is great if you own other Monome gear like a Grid or Arc.
Other than that any old Midi to CV converter will do the job.

CV.OCD is more flexible than Ansible in that it has four CV outs plus 12 gate/trigger outs. So you could set up four mono voices (or two with velocity or one polyphonic voice) and use the gates to trigger drums, for example.
Mutant Brain does the same, but will cost you some rack space.

The expander, which I now also have, gives you the most flexibility, though. Next to velocity outputs (which not all converters provide) you get eight additional gate outputs.
Six of these can also be used as inputs to forward the steps of each part with an outside signal.

The expander is not cheap. So if you have any other option for Midi to CV I recommend you use that first and see if that is enough for your needs.

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 pm

a vector sequencer a stillson hammer mk2 and a argos bleak using a tetra pad to switch banks for argos bleak or sh mk2

Return to “Eurorack Modules”