THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

revtor
Dialing it in..

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by revtor » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:59 am

https://www.catskillanalog.com/

Looks like a half built or blank page but click around enough and you’ll break through to the information...
Fellow North Jersey Synthaholic

Eurocat
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Eurocat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:38 am

Hey I just heard about this thing. Does anyone have one used for sale by chance? Hit me up if you do! Thx

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:59 am

lol!

Eurocat
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Eurocat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:09 pm

Lol is right. I just read through this thread... wow it looks awesome but I guess I won’t be buying a used one anytime soon.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:29 am

Eurocat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:09 pm
Lol is right. I just read through this thread... wow it looks awesome but I guess I won’t be buying a used one anytime soon.
:yay:
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Carefully crafted dj set meandering between deep house, minimal and electro.

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:17 am

slumberjack wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:29 am
Eurocat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:09 pm
:yay:
I'm hoping its a keeper to be honest, when it eventually arrives, doubt i'll be selling mine from what I've heard and the featureset that comes with the TE2 i just know shes gonna be a fit. You know, when you just know xD
Last edited by TemplarK on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:18 am

triple post anyone else keep hitting the quotes to edit...??? Mods please delete! There should be a way to delete your own posts i tbh.
Last edited by TemplarK on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 am

goddamn double post...

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:00 pm

TemplarK wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:17 am
I'm hoping its a keeper to be honest, when it eventually arrives, doubt i'll be selling mine from what I've heard and the featureset that comes with the TE2 i just know shes gonna be a fit. You know, when you just know xD
If everything will be like announced (or even if it's going to be only 90% of it) then it is a keeper for sure. But please keep your patience and hold on for another year. First there will be a sell out of cases only to found the project further before the Space Case got delivered to the people that already paid for a preorder. :lol:
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Thorsday
Common Wiggler

Post by Thorsday » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:45 pm

In the buyer's update, Jim covered the concern for first wave buyers... Enclosures will not sell out from under.

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:02 am

Every Sunday all I can think about is Monday :hihi:

revtor
Dialing it in..

Post by revtor » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:05 am

Been quiet lately!!!! ?
Fellow North Jersey Synthaholic

Fayette
Common Wiggler

Post by Fayette » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 am

revtor wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:05 am
Been quiet lately!!!! ?
There was a buyers update a few weeks ago :)

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:02 pm

Thorsday wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:45 pm
In the buyer's update, Jim covered the concern for first wave buyers... Enclosures will not sell out from under.
Quote from the buyer's update:

With all of the Covid shutdown and its various obstacles, budgets are certainly being tugged at just like for any business, so some adjustments are being made. It is now possible, but not definite, that stocked sales of the enclosure will be publicly announced and open up and not wait for the TE-2, so as to start building this product line support sooner than later.

As buyers, I wanted to inform you of this possibility for you here first before mentioning it anywhere else. It's important to me that you understand that the enclosures are already tied in with the production of the TE-2 and that it's just a quantity game, not bogging TE-2 stages down. To be clear.. instead of ordering up said # of enclosures for the TE-2 run, it will be a higher number. Those extra ones will be packaged in the same TE-2 box/packaging, sold, and shipped. It actually would give me some good conscience knowing that the shipping method and custom polyethylene packaging could all be tested with empty enclosures first, before putting a gosh darn tape echo in there.

Probably by the next update, a new page of the Console Series will open up on the site featuring the enclosures. Not much "new" info will be there if you've been generally following, but the page will be the first presentation of the product line. Photos and more info would follow. Upon regular request after seeing existing photos, 4U and 5U formats are likely going to join the Console Series. For now it would be just the eurorack "EU64" that's first available, and then very soon after the "EU84" and "EU104." The separate power pcb's themselves would not be available for a while. It would be only unpowered enclosures at the outset.

--

For me it's clear that he will sell those enclosures ASAP and maybe before the Space Case is shipping.
> WTB ADDAC502 <

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:54 pm

slumberjack wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:02 pm
For me it's clear that he will sell those enclosures ASAP and maybe before the Space Case is shipping.
Well, yeah thats what he said, theres no denying that. What he's saying is that the order for the cases is in excess of the pre-order numbers for the TE2 and that any extras that are not allocated to a TE2 slot will be sold.

I don't really have a problem with it, or see a problem with it, if its just a case of extra numbers for the cases order and cardboard box orders.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:46 am

TemplarK wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:54 pm
slumberjack wrote:
Well, yeah thats what he said, theres no denying that. What he's saying is that the order for the cases is in excess of the pre-order numbers for the TE2 and that any extras that are not allocated to a TE2 slot will be sold.

I don't really have a problem with it, or see a problem with it, if its just a case of extra numbers for the cases order and cardboard box orders.
Well in theory me neither but I don't buy the point that it wont slow down the process as a whole and TBH I am more than eager to see progress and not explanatory notes about a fictional shipping process. The last buyers update made me really worry about if the product ever will see the light before the day of a possible bankruptcy. :despair:
> WTB ADDAC502 <

Estes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Estes » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:12 am

slumberjack wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:46 am
TemplarK wrote:
slumberjack wrote:

Well in theory me neither but I don't buy the point that it wont slow down the process as a whole and TBH I am more than eager to see progress and not explanatory notes about a fictional shipping process. The last buyers update made me really worry about if the product ever will see the light before the day of a possible bankruptcy. :despair:
the last buyer update? oh I realized this way earlier. It all sounds like excuses to me, also go ahead and ask if he would give the money back from preorders. good luck :omg:

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:13 am

Estes wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:12 am
slumberjack wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:46 am
TemplarK wrote:
slumberjack wrote:

I don't really have a problem with it, , if its just a case of extra numbers for the cases order and cardboaor see a problem with itrd box orders.
the last buyer update? oh I realized this way earlier. It all sounds like excuses to me, also go ahead and ask if he would give the money back from preorders. good luck :omg:
@Slumberjack Why would it slow down the whole process if the blocker is the PCB? I don't quite follow that logic.

@Estes Go troll elsewhere man

Thorsday
Common Wiggler

Post by Thorsday » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:17 am

Estes is a troll.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”