Announcing Maze: Sequential attenuverting router and mixer.

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Announcing Maze: Sequential attenuverting router and mixer.

Post by lisa » Wed May 27, 2020 11:33 am

JES wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:13 am
JES wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:29 am
Leverkusen wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:28 pm
When I change the attenuation on one matrix knot it wont affect the actual outcome until I save and leave that mode, which makes it a bit tedious to dial it in just right.
Is this still the case, and how do people work around this if you're using it for audio?
Bumping my question. Surely people use this for audio? How do you set levels if you constantly have to switch back and forth?
Why would you have to switch back and forth? I’m checking the DivKid video and can hear that the sound changes as soon as he changes the value, not when he hits save. Is that a setting, perhaps? Somebody should check the manual. :razz:
Ambient for hazy, lazy, summer days. When the ominous keeps a bit of a distance. :sun:

EPTC
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by EPTC » Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 am

JES wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:13 am
Bumping my question. Surely people use this for audio? How do you set levels if you constantly have to switch back and forth?
I think you'd likely do this with attenuation prior to going into the matrix. "Smart" audio leveling can often destroy the dynamics of a sound, and I'd turn it off, just like automatic limiters. It's much easier to put a passive volume dial in the path of the audio cabling and just dial down the loud stuff to match the lower volume channels.

Or do you mean switching between audio and CV in the same signal path?

Want to say MAZE looks so nice! We have so many incredible options in the world right now. Can you send CV into it to randomly cyle connections?
I'm on Kickstarter this month - GET A COPY, FELLOW WIGGLER FRIEND! - You'll love it.

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Re:

Post by SavageMessiah » Wed May 27, 2020 12:15 pm

EPTC wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 am
Want to say MAZE looks so nice! We have so many incredible options in the world right now. Can you send CV into it to randomly cyle connections?
You can randomly select a preset with a trigger, and you can easily generate random presets. There isn't a setting to just randomize the routes on a trigger though.

architexture
Common Wiggler

Post by architexture » Wed May 27, 2020 3:19 pm

@jes I don't understand. I'm able to adjust the volume of different audio channels on the fly.....
Do you have a video of what you're doing? Also a screenshot of your settings page would help.

JES
Ultra Wiggler

Post by JES » Wed May 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Sorry if I was unclear. Let’s say you’re using it as a matrix mixer for audio only. I was under the impression that you could set the audio levels per “knot” and per preset so that, eg, in 1 is down 5db vs in 2 routed to out 2, but that on the next preset their levels could be reversed.

But, someone above in the thread said if you adjust audio levels, you don’t hear it right away, which would make it difficult to use as an audio mixer.
"Now, I'm off to hook my cat's litterbox up to an envelope follower." --Aragorn23

architexture
Common Wiggler

Post by architexture » Wed May 27, 2020 8:28 pm

That's definitely not true, I can hear any vca change immediately. Live, while I'm turning the knob

JES
Ultra Wiggler

Post by JES » Fri May 29, 2020 11:25 pm

Thanks. Mystery solved!
"Now, I'm off to hook my cat's litterbox up to an envelope follower." --Aragorn23

mcpepe
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mcpepe » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 pm

Can I use the Maze as a simple 4 channels preset voltage? Using 4 triggers to launch 4 presets?
Something like this module:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/synthwerks-pgm-4x4

I want to trigger 4 CV presets from a a drum percussion module. (Like BIA or Akemies)

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:46 pm

It's only got one trigger/cv input so doing it with 4 separate triggers would require a bit of patching. If you have spare CV sequencer channel you could use that to select preset. It's got some decent options for using a single trigger to sequence the routes - euclidians, etc. Maybe that will do the job for you.

Or, heck, if you have gates instead of triggers, you could run the gates into the 4 matrix inputs and just attenuate them differently to each output. You can get additional "presets" by firing different combinations of the gates at the same time, too.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”