Why no Eurorack piano module?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Re: Why no Eurorack piano module?

Post by LDT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:19 pm

Anyone else read the whole thread, only to find out near the end, that most is two years old?

Anyway, I just want to bring up the fact, that the Disting EX (apart from coming with a multisampled piano) has the ability to automaticly do multisampling (via its midi out). I.E. one could use it to transport any multisampled piano library from the realm of your computer, into your modular, including multiple velocity layers. Or one could multisample ones favorite weird Pianoteq patch.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:21 pm

williamjturkel wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:58 pm
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:51 pm
Funny you should mention it. I'm preparing a dedicated piano 6u case, after experimenting with the premise for years. Got a record in mind I've meaning to make; have a few etudes already but I'm not there yet.

I would buy a physical modeling piano module in a heart beat. I make do with CV to Midi (a-192-2, ADDAC 222) and physical modeling sounds which I work on my own. Lots of ground to experiment.
Your videos inspired me to order an SDS Accord Melisma and try to make my own piano case! But to resurrect this necro thread, I have discovered that a lot of people are now running Pianoteq on Raspberry Pi, so I am beginning to explore the idea of a RaspPi Eurorack module with Pianoteq installed, to be controlled directly by the Melisma. How cool would that be?
That would be pretty cool actual. Make it with a TRS input jack and I'd be interested for sure. The main issue is that the best sounds I've gotten has been through physical modeling of pianos. So much ground to explore sound-design wise. And I doubt we'd get that much power in another synth, let alone in a module.

If you do get ahead with the Pianoteq project, please keep me in mind, I'm definitely interested to see where you're going with this. :yay: :sb:
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

strettara
mufferthucker

Re: Re:

Post by strettara » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:23 am

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:21 pm
williamjturkel wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:58 pm
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:51 pm
Funny you should mention it. I'm preparing a dedicated piano 6u case, after experimenting with the premise for years. Got a record in mind I've meaning to make; have a few etudes already but I'm not there yet.

I would buy a physical modeling piano module in a heart beat. I make do with CV to Midi (a-192-2, ADDAC 222) and physical modeling sounds which I work on my own. Lots of ground to experiment.
Your videos inspired me to order an SDS Accord Melisma and try to make my own piano case! But to resurrect this necro thread, I have discovered that a lot of people are now running Pianoteq on Raspberry Pi, so I am beginning to explore the idea of a RaspPi Eurorack module with Pianoteq installed, to be controlled directly by the Melisma. How cool would that be?
That would be pretty cool actual. Make it with a TRS input jack and I'd be interested for sure. The main issue is that the best sounds I've gotten has been through physical modeling of pianos. So much ground to explore sound-design wise. And I doubt we'd get that much power in another synth, let alone in a module.

If you do get ahead with the Pianoteq project, please keep me in mind, I'm definitely interested to see where you're going with this. :yay: :sb:
Hey PP, I'd love to hear some of your results. One thing about piano is that we are so habituated to how it is meant to sound that even small changes like pitch shifting by more than a tone or so makes it sound very different. So I can imagine that there's huge potential for strangeness here. Did you finish your piano etudes?
“It must be abstract. It must change. It must give pleasure."

New album: OZ

williamjturkel
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Why no Eurorack piano module?

Post by williamjturkel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:20 am

I have been really inspired by this... I keep replaying it while I wait for my Accord Melisma to arrive

Return to “Eurorack Modules”