Waldorf NW1 - how to load custom wavetables?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

aragorn23
Common Wiggler

Waldorf NW1 - how to load custom wavetables?

Post by aragorn23 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:41 am

Hi all,

I just got a secondhand NW1, which I'm thoroughly enjoying. I'd like to load some custom wavetables onto it but when I open the editor I see it's looking for .wtrs format files. How would I get wavetables from, say, the awesome Adventure Kid library (https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/wavefo ... waveforms/) into this format?

Also, has anyone managed to get the editor working with Win10? It's fine with my mac but can't find the device on Win10.

Thanks!

wickfut
Common Wiggler

Post by wickfut » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:25 am

editor works with windows 10 64 here.

not tried to import a wavetable file, only converted an audio sample. I'll give it a go in a bit to see if it works.

edit: not sure what you're trying to import off that website. Those samples are just impulses aren't they?

Can't import wavetables but converting them from samples is easy enough.

"Import Sample" in the file menu. Then trim the loop range you wish to turn to a wavetable in the top wave window. Select how many frames you want the wavetable in the count tab box. When you're ready hit the "Build" button.

This should create a wavetable and you should see it in the bottom window.
Right click the bottom window and choose to either normalise the whole wavetable or each seperate wavetable frame. Add any overdrive the same way. Select the destination to what user number you wish to use and then click the send. Bingo. New wavetable should be in your NW1.

here's one I just done. - - set the tone range switch to +12

https://home.mycloud.com/action/share/a ... 17f96755c6

Also run the CV calibration thing in the software. Mine was all over the place when I first got it

edit 2:

Just tried to import multiple single cycle waveforms from that site and can't get it to work. Loaded them up in Serum and exported the multi wave as a 16 bit audio file - that way and I could create a waveform sample with multiple waves in the NW1 software, but it still wouldn't convert them to a usable NW1 wavetable.

aragorn23
Common Wiggler

Post by aragorn23 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:07 am

Thanks wickfut - this is very helpful.

I'm going to play around with Serum too and see if I can get something working...

pfzzz
Learning to Wiggle

Re:

Post by pfzzz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 am

wickfut wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:25 am

Also run the CV calibration thing in the software. Mine was all over the place when I first got it
how did you do the calibration, do you need specific volts fed into it ?

wickfut
Common Wiggler

Re: Waldorf NW1 - how to load custom wavetables?

Post by wickfut » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:16 pm

to calibrate you need to click a button in the software NW1 editor and it sorts everything out.

Muff McMuff
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Waldorf NW1 - how to load custom wavetables?

Post by Muff McMuff » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:14 am

Have you seen this ?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”