ADDAC - Doepfer case expansion kit!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

ADDAC - Doepfer case expansion kit!

Post by Faustgeist » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Pretty ingenious!

Removes the upper / lower Doepfer name plate and allows mounting of three 4hp modules sideways.

For those of use with Monster cases, perhaps some creating drilling will allow two expansion frames side-by-side for six new module placements.

Well done ADDAC. Now, how about a kit to shift around the Doepfer frames and add a 1U rail? :nana:

Full instructions : http://www.addacsystem.com/sites/defaul ... yGuide.pdf

Hopefully this has not been already discussed ad nauseum,
~Robin

Trying to build up my 5U/COTK/MOTM and MODCAN B, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

euromorcego
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: ADDAC - Doepfer case expansion kit!

Post by euromorcego » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Faustgeist wrote: Hopefully this has not been already discussed ad nauseum,
that not.

But the last incarnation of this idea got rather mixed reviews: viewtopic.php?t=152526

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Faustgeist wrote:Well done ADDAC. Now, how about a kit to shift around the Doepfer frames and add a 1U rail?
That is not particularly easy to do since the middle rails attach behind the clasp that hold the covers on. The clasp are riveted so would have to be drilled out. Then the top and bottom rails are currently avoiding the metal trim that surrounds the edges of the opening and would have to move either up or down, resulting in the topmost and bottommost rails having to have their mounting screws go through both the metal trim and the corner metal brackets which are also riveted in place. The back rivets on these brackets align in one dimension to where the mounting screws are currently for the rails, but you would be lucky if they also aligned in the other dimension too.

Even if you were to pass those hurdles, I don't think it can be done, the overall inside height of the standard 6P cabinet is 12.125 and the standard for a 7U space is 12.219 inches so the 1U size would not be standard.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Faustgeist » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:01 pm

ersatzplanet wrote:
Faustgeist wrote: Even if you were to pass those hurdles, I don't think it can be done, the overall inside height of the standard 6P cabinet is 12.125 and the standard for a 7U space is 12.219 inches so the 1U size would not be standard.
Rgr that. Pretty cool approach they took, I like it. (alas only Monster cases here)

~R
Trying to build up my 5U/COTK/MOTM and MODCAN B, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:01 am

Yeah 1u wouldn't be as easy but I wish it were possible. ADDAC should create a third 1U option which is based around 4-8hp modules placed horizontally!
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

ADDAC System
Common Wiggler

Post by ADDAC System » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Faustgeist wrote:Rgr that. Pretty cool approach they took, I like it. (alas only Monster cases here)

~R
Much appreciated Faustgeist!
Questions? Assistance? Hit me up via PM or send us an email!

ADDAC System | [www.addacsystem.com]

noisewreck
Common Wiggler

Post by noisewreck » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:10 am

Paranormal Patroler wrote:Yeah 1u wouldn't be as easy but I wish it were possible. ADDAC should create a third 1U option which is based around 4-8hp modules placed horizontally!
:yay: :hail: :hihi: :bang:

daphnid
Common Wiggler

Post by daphnid » Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 am

Anyone using these? How do you like them? I wanna cram a few more utilities in and thinking of getting a pair.

Pics would be nice I've never seen them with modules installed!

smithjohn
Common Wiggler

Post by smithjohn » Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 am

I had just enough space to cram one of these into my DIY suitcase with 6U of rails. I think the screw holes for modules were quite tight initially but no biggie. Overall it's great to have that extra HP.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”